Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 05, 2013

Sly, Bentley, and Murray must travel back in time to save the Cooper dynasty from being erased throughout all of history. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time is the fourth title in the Sly Cooper franchise.

How does the Vita version compare to the PS3?

JSwan13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By JSwan13

I don't currently have a PS3 but do have a Vita and want to play this game. Is the Vita version good enough on its own?

sarge1445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By sarge1445

buy the ps3 version log onto your psn account on a friends ps3 redeem the code for your account and then keep it for the ps3 for later or give ti to a friend

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By awesomeusername

@JSwan13: Here's a quote from Gameinformer's review. The game got a 9 & the reviewer decided to put the both versions in the same review.

The Vita version, while not quite at the level of the PS3 in terms of graphics, is very good-looking and an impressive piece of work. For the first time, it felt like there was very little distinction between playing on a home console or on a handheld. That's incredible. I will say that, all things being equal, I preferred playing on PlayStation 3, mostly because I'd rather play on a 46-inch HDTV than a small handheld screen. Also, some of the later boss battles were easier to conquer on PS3 just because the controller is easier to handle. Still, the fact that I'm willing to review the home console and handheld version of a game in the same review should say an awful lot.

JSwan13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By JSwan13

@awesomeusername: Thanks for that, guess that pretty much answers my question.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By awesomeusername

@JSwan13: Just like to give my input. i completely agree with said Gameinformer quote. Besides the character models, the game still looks great and it plays great to. So buy it off PSN. It's $26.99 with no tax so it's cheaper then at retail. It's worth the money and a steal (; at that price.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By LiquidPrince

@JSwan13 said:

I'm pretty sure you can redeem the PS3 cross play code straight from your Vita. So it would be wiser to pay an extra $10 and buy that version, redeem the code, and then trade the PS3 version in. Or maybe keep it if you plan on buying a PS3 any time.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7  Edited By Yanngc33

@LiquidPrince said:

@JSwan13 said:

I'm pretty sure you can redeem the PS3 cross play code straight from your Vita. So it would be wiser to pay an extra $10 and buy that version, redeem the code, and then trade the PS3 version in. Or maybe keep it if you plan on buying a PS3 any time.

You can't. You have to insert the game disc at which point the disc logs on to your PSN account where you can get the game for free.

DeathTrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By DeathTrap

@Yanngc33 said:

@LiquidPrince said:

@JSwan13 said:

You can't. You have to insert the game disc at which point the disc logs on to your PSN account where you can get the game for free.

So just to be clear - if I buy the PS3 version and insert the disc, the game will be unlocked on PSN, so I can download it on my Vita via PSN? Wonder how much I could get selling back the PS3 version...probably not enough to make it worth the effort.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9  Edited By Yanngc33

@DeathTrap said:

@Yanngc33 said:

@LiquidPrince said:

@JSwan13 said:

So just to be clear - if I buy the PS3 version and insert the disc, the game will be unlocked on PSN, so I can download it on my Vita via PSN? Wonder how much I could get selling back the PS3 version...probably not enough to make it worth the effort.

You'd probably get a bit of in store credit that may make it worthwhile (I would guess they'd take it back for 15-17 USD)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.