Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 05, 2013

Sly, Bentley, and Murray must travel back in time to save the Cooper dynasty from being erased throughout all of history. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time is the fourth title in the Sly Cooper franchise.

Sly 4 delayed again

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By impartialgecko

Sly 4 is being delayed yet again guys. Remember when this game was coming out in Q1 this year? "Coming early 2013" according to this Gamescom trailer.

I don't know whether anyone has noticed but this entire generation's last gasp is being let out in "Early 2013". How well do you think any of these B-tier games like Sly are going to do if they're being released in the same time frame as Bioshock Infinite and Gears of War Judgment and every other game delayed out of this year's holiday season? I seem to remember this game looking a-okay for release until that Vita version was announced.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By spankingaddict

This was so disappointing to hear :( Yeah, February seems too crowded for Sly to fit in it it . Wouldn't surprise me if it would be pushed back one more time to April - June . But hey , more time to perfect the game I guess . It really does look awesome , and there isn't one game I'd want to play more than Sly 4 . I wish more people would notice this game , or at least comment more on the forums about it ...

But I really wish they would say why it got pushed.

Rainbowkisses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Rainbowkisses

I am looking forward to this game but I can deal with the wait. I really enjoyed the PS2 trilogy and there definitely has been a noticeable lack of 3D platformers this generation.

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By impartialgecko

@spankingaddict said:

This was so disappointing to hear :( Yeah, February seems too crowded for Sly to fit in it it . Wouldn't surprise me if it would be pushed back one more time to April - June . But hey , more time to perfect the game I guess . It really does look awesome , and there isn't one game I'd want to play more than Sly 4 . I wish more people would notice this game , or at least comment more on the forums about it ...

Got to be the Vita port holding things up. Everything was slated for early this year until the Vita version was announced and then it was pushed to November (which would actually have helped it given how the PS3 doesn't have much for the holidays) and then from November to early 2013.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#5  Edited By jacksukeru

I haven't had much interest in or paid much attention to this game, but I played Sly 2 and thought it was really good, surprisingly so in a few areas, so while I'm not immediately interested I'm willing to give it a chance.

face15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By face15

Thought it was already out. Classic.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By c_rakestraw

@adam1808 said:

@spankingaddict said:

Got to be the Vita port holding things up. Everything was slated for early this year until the Vita version was announced and then it was pushed to November (which would actually have helped it given how the PS3 doesn't have much for the holidays) and then from November to early 2013.

It was announced for a fall release beforethe Vita version was revealed, actually. My guess is they thought Q1 2013 would be a little lighter. Might be that they're going for a January release. None of the other big stuff in that quarter is coming out then, yeah?

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By impartialgecko

@C_Rakestraw: January is usually Capcom or EA's month but I don't think anything that's coming out in early 2013 has a date yet. Keep in mind that "Early 2013" means anytime between January 1st and E3.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By c_rakestraw

@adam1808 said:

@C_Rakestraw: January is usually Capcom or EA's month but I don't think anything that's coming out in early 2013 has a date yet. Keep in mind that "Early 2013" means anytime between January 1st and E3.

True. Still, would probably be one of the better times to get the game out. Nice and quiet for the most part, I believe.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By spankingaddict

The official release date for US is 2/5/13 , and March for everyone else .

I found this on Ign.com .

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.