Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Smash TV

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released April 1990

A dual-joystick Arcade shooter ported to nearly every contemporary system. Contestants gear up to win fantastic prizes on the most violent game show on TV.

Is there any way to get Smash TV on XBLA?

jjnen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By jjnen  Online

Simple question really. As Microsoft has discontinued to provide Smash TV on XBLA I was wondering if there was a way to "cheat the system" and get the game for my 360.

Anyone interested in the reasoning why I'm now fixated on getting this I recently finished The Binding of Isaac and was searching something similiar. From somewhere the name Smash TV popped to my head (probably from Jeff playing it on Grab Bag TNT) and seeing that I never completed Smash TV myself I'd like to give it a try (though I played the "sequel" Total Carnage like a mofo on SNES).

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By bed

not that i know of. i wanted to do the same thing when i got an xbox but was met with disappointment. you could probably get someone who has purchased Smash TV to lend you their account details so you can download it to your console and play it there, though i'm not sure how the security stuff on xbox works when it comes to downloadable stuff. i downloaded the DOA5 demo on a friend's console and played it just fine as long as i was signed in.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By toowalrus

Nope, I was really trying to get that version of UMK3 they put out on XBLA, and I tried just about everything people said would work, to no avail. I'm pretty sure it's impossible. My cousin's still got it, for $300 I'll steal and ship you his hard drive. Or maybe there's a way to pirate it. Who knows.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By Sambambo

Couldn't you use the profile of someone who bought it to download it through their history, then through the in-game menu unlock the game from its trial state?

Thats my guess at least, unless you are willing to buy some guys account who has the game, but that is crazy talk.

ElNeebre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By ElNeebre

@SuperSambo: Sadly that doesn't work, I had the demo of UMK3 on my download history from years ago, and it wouldn't connect to the marketplace to let me purchase the full game.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Sambambo

@ElNeebre said:

@SuperSambo: Sadly that doesn't work, I had the demo of UMK3 on my download history from years ago, and it wouldn't connect to the marketplace to let me purchase the full game.

Garh, that sucks.

Really wish that I'd bought Gauntlet when I had the chance...

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By NekuSakuraba

You could just get Smash TV on PC....

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.