Best snipers in FPS's

#1 Posted by Grambyte (104 posts) -

My personal favourite is the sniper from Halo 2. What's yours?

#2 Edited by Onno10 (404 posts) -

I hate snipers in FPSs'.

#3 Edited by Jadeskye (4359 posts) -

My favourite sniper rifle. Thats a doozy! i play the sniper class in pretty much every shooter, online or otherwise.

Think i gotta go with the Widow from Mass effect 2. 
#4 Posted by sodiumCyclops (2644 posts) -

Coolest gun in Bad Company 2 :)
#5 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

The Halo 1 pistol.

That counts, right?

#6 Edited by blogpostnogood (270 posts) -

20MM South Africa DANEL Produced Anti-Materiel Noobcannon. 
#7 Posted by Jadeskye (4359 posts) -
@TheGreatGuero said:
" The Halo 1 pistol.  That counts, right? "
Ha Hell yeah it does XD 

@Grambyte said:
" My personal favourite is the sniper from Halo 2. What's yours? "

Heres a picture of Nathan Fillion  with one for good measure.
#8 Posted by Grambyte (104 posts) -
@TheGreatGuero said:
" The Halo 1 pistol.  That counts, right? "
Hehe, you get a hell yeah from me as well... Damn good sniper, shame for the scope tho...
#9 Posted by zityz (2360 posts) -
@jadeskye said:
"My favourite sniper rifle. Thats a doozy! i play the sniper class in pretty much every shooter, online or otherwise.

Think i gotta go with the Widow from Mass effect 2.
"

My favorite as well. Yea it's not a FPS but everything about that gun was awesome. I'm not even a fan of sniper rifles and I found myself using that gun more than any other gun combined in that game.
#10 Edited by JoyfullOFrockets (1175 posts) -

Oh, yeah. That's some firepower.
#11 Posted by Shirogane (3561 posts) -

While i have not played it, the one from Singularity that slows down time? That seems pretty damn awesome to me. 

Also, any railgun snipers. They count right? I assume anything with a scope counts since the pistol form Halo does, and it's not even a rifle!
#12 Posted by Grambyte (104 posts) -
@astromanz said:
"
 20MM South Africa DANEL Produced Anti-Materiel Noobcannon. 
"
Damn you gotta love the looks of that thing.
#13 Posted by JoyfullOFrockets (1175 posts) -
@Shirogane said:
" While i have not played it, the one from Singularity that slows down time? That seems pretty damn awesome to me.  Also, any railgun snipers. They count right? I assume anything with a scope counts since the pistol form Halo does, and it's not even a rifle! "
You're kidding, right? That was one of the most terrible snipers I've ever seen. The time slowing was ripped straight from Resistance: Fall of Man. Plus, it generally felt like you were shooting an airsoft gun.
#14 Posted by ErrorOperator (458 posts) -

Call of Duty 2 - Kar98 scoped!

#15 Posted by Hero_Swe (1080 posts) -

I like a sniper rifle in any game that simulates the bullet (aka physical bullets and not just pre-calculated hit points)
#16 Posted by binhbui (9 posts) -

While not FPS my favourite sniper was gears of war 1. Awesome but difficult to use but the best thing about it was the gameplay and maps were designed so well that a sniper could dominate a map from a vantage point but still be vulnerable if someone was good enough to sneak ip to him. Really encouraged proper use of cover and I've yet to play another game which made people take cover as much as gears 1. Even gears 2 sort of broke their own magic formula.

#17 Edited by ESREVER (2574 posts) -
#18 Posted by Jadeskye (4359 posts) -
#19 Posted by Bionicicide (1213 posts) -

I guess Team Fortress 2, I like how the dot appears on the walls.

#20 Posted by FirePrince (1762 posts) -

M95 in Bad Company 2 and in Modern Warfare's campaign.
#21 Posted by Grambyte (104 posts) -
#22 Posted by Djeffers03 (2545 posts) -

M40A3 from CoD4. Shame about the hit detection in that game though...

#23 Posted by Blade_Hunter (52 posts) -

The sniper in SIN deadly and silent

#24 Posted by Gamer_152 (13975 posts) -
@jadeskye:  Nerd mode activate! It's a nitpicky detail but the rifle Fillion is holding there is actually a replica of the 99D-S2 AM Sniper Rifle from Halo 3 and Halo 3: ODST, the sniper rifle from Halo 2 was the 99C-S2 AMB. The Halo 3 sniper rifle probably is my favourite sniper rifle from a video game although I do also like the sniper rifle from Team Fortress 2, its charge mechanic helps set it apart from sniper rifles in most other games.
#25 Posted by canucks23 (1087 posts) -
@Djeffers03 said:
" M40A3 from CoD4. Shame about the hit detection in that game though... "
This

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.