Here's some Socom Multiplayer Footage

#1 Posted by falserelic (5394 posts) -

So far the game looks like mag in 3rd person view.
#2 Posted by DelroyLindo (387 posts) -

mag sucked

#3 Posted by Enigma777 (6069 posts) -
@DelroyLindo said:
" mag sucked "
Yea, it really did. This does not bode well...
#4 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Wow, that ADS view looked like fucking shit.  If you have to use that to be competitive (AKA to shoot straight at longish range), then this game is probably ruined for me.  I was SO looking forward to this as well.  I suppose it deserves a chance to re-impress me though, so I'll reserve total judgment until it actually ships/I play a demo.

#5 Posted by falserelic (5394 posts) -

I agree,this game really isn't looking to well.It really looks like a 3rd person view mag.On top of that it doesn't look like a socom game to me.

#6 Posted by NinjaHunter (972 posts) -

It looks like socom to me. Of course I'd have to actually play it.

#7 Posted by Spoonman671 (4588 posts) -

Wow guys, overcritical much?

#8 Posted by ESREVER (2681 posts) -

Damnit, SOCOM is dead now. 
RIP SOCOM 2 memories 

Seriously, regenerative health?!  
Blood on the screen?! (SO REAL!!) 
ONE HIT MELEE 
XP numbers popping up on screen? 

WHAT THE FUCK ZIPPER! 
and FUCK you Call of Duty for starting all these trends that make me hate FPS gaming. 

I'll reserve final judgment for when I actually play it... but its not looking good. 
This just put a huge damper on my day. I thought they said that Regenerative health will NOT be in online. Maybe its an option, one can hope. 
I would have liked to see Elimination play, that mode is intense and is the proper way to play SOCOM. Not this TDM nonsense where you justt spawn, run out and die, spawn again.

At least the animations and visuals look nice enough. I hate that FPS view though.

#9 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

That FPS view looks...Not fun to use, at all. 

#10 Posted by IncredibleBulk92 (936 posts) -

Yea MAG did suck but I'm looking forward to SOCOM's coop.   It looks like they're doing some things to keep co-op interesting over multiple play throughs.

Multiplayer does't interest me for most games.   I'd rather play some Battlefield or Team Fortress 2, games that focus on multiplayer and actually do something interesting.  Tacked on crap like Dead Space or whatever I can just ignore, the single player is fine but multiplayer is rarely a selling point.

#11 Posted by AjayRaz (12424 posts) -
@ESREVER: there's going to be a gameplay mode where it's like classic socom with health bars and all that kind of stuff
#12 Posted by ESREVER (2681 posts) -
@AjayRaz: That sounds much more appealing. I'm surprised I missed out on that info. They should show footage of that instead of the new stuff. Anyone interested in SOCOM nowadays are the old vets of SOCOM 2. Everyone is just looking to rekindle that old online experience. Here's a question though... will classic mode have melee? I sure as hell hope not. 

Sorry about my previous rage. SOCOM is something I hold very near and dear, and is one of the few things I get passionate/pissy about.
#13 Posted by yakov456 (1901 posts) -

I don't know, it looks like Socom to me, except for that lame first person view. Can't wait.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.