Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

Zipper Interactive returns to the SOCOM series with a new installment on PlayStation 3 that features squad-based gameplay, 32 player online modes, and PlayStation Move support.

Marked Copies Of Killzone 3 Offering SOCOM 4 Beta Access

BradNicholson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By BradNicholson

OK, so one more thing about Killzone 3's forthcoming release. Specially marked copies of the shooter will be shipping with vouchers that’ll get you into an upcoming SOCOM 4 beta. To make sure you get a game with access, just look for the copies with the dog tags plastered on top of Guerrilla Games’ packaging art.

Word of this comes from a brief posting on the PS blog, which also explains that regular retail copies and the special Helghast edition will ship with this access. It doesn’t get into detail about when to expect the SOCOM 4 beta to kickoff or how many copies of Killzone 3 will ship with these vouchers, but SOCOM developer Zipper Interactive’s Chris Roper did share some words with the community.

No Caption Provided
    == TEASER ==

"To get early access to the beta, look for the SOCOM 4 callout on the front of all eligible copies of Killzone 3 (including both the standalone and Helghast Editions)," Roper wrote. "Inside the box you’ll find a PSN code that you’ll be able to redeem for your early access as soon as the beta goes live. To find out when the SOCOM 4 multiplayer beta begins, be sure to check back at SOCOM.com once you pick up your copy of Killzone 3, hitting shelves on February 22."

"We’ll have more information on the SOCOM 4 multiplayer beta itself in the near future. For now, take a look at the callout for the beta on the awesome Killzone 3 box art!"

I’m guessing this offer is a launch promotion, which compels me to write for the second time this week that Killzone 3 hits US store shelves on February 22, 2011.
    BradNicholson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By BradNicholson

OK, so one more thing about Killzone 3's forthcoming release. Specially marked copies of the shooter will be shipping with vouchers that’ll get you into an upcoming SOCOM 4 beta. To make sure you get a game with access, just look for the copies with the dog tags plastered on top of Guerrilla Games’ packaging art.

Word of this comes from a brief posting on the PS blog, which also explains that regular retail copies and the special Helghast edition will ship with this access. It doesn’t get into detail about when to expect the SOCOM 4 beta to kickoff or how many copies of Killzone 3 will ship with these vouchers, but SOCOM developer Zipper Interactive’s Chris Roper did share some words with the community.

No Caption Provided
    == TEASER ==

"To get early access to the beta, look for the SOCOM 4 callout on the front of all eligible copies of Killzone 3 (including both the standalone and Helghast Editions)," Roper wrote. "Inside the box you’ll find a PSN code that you’ll be able to redeem for your early access as soon as the beta goes live. To find out when the SOCOM 4 multiplayer beta begins, be sure to check back at SOCOM.com once you pick up your copy of Killzone 3, hitting shelves on February 22."

"We’ll have more information on the SOCOM 4 multiplayer beta itself in the near future. For now, take a look at the callout for the beta on the awesome Killzone 3 box art!"

I’m guessing this offer is a launch promotion, which compels me to write for the second time this week that Killzone 3 hits US store shelves on February 22, 2011.
    Semi_Sauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Semi_Sauce

Wooten!

Cazamalos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Cazamalos

i already pre ordered killzone 3 on amazon, i wonder if amazon have those selected copies? 

also, is there a cover behind all those logos?

NHLmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By NHLmaniac
    @cazamalos: Yeah if you preorder you will get the code. Promotions like these are printed on all the first run copies. 
    Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Gabriel

That box art is so cluttered.

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Jayross
    @Gabriel
    That box art is so cluttered.
    Yeah, someone said it looks like a magazine cover... but on a much, much smaller game box.

Oh well, KZ3 will be awesome.
    bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By bed
    @Gabriel said:
    " That box art is so cluttered. "
    i was just about to comment on that. so much unnecessary nonsense on it  :\ 
    animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By animateria
    @AjayRaz said:
    " @Gabriel said:
    " That box art is so cluttered. "
    i was just about to comment on that. so much unnecessary nonsense on it  :\  "
    Yep. I like the cover art itself but it loses impact with all that jargon that belongs on the back of the box.
    ProjektGill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By ProjektGill

Very happy to see Chris Roper is doing well for himself over at Zipper. I was sad to see him leave IGN. Although I love the Socom series on the PS2, I don`t know if I want to pick up Killzone early enough for the beta access. 

gamb1t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By gamb1t

Jesus you guys sound like females nit picking a fucking cover to a videogame.

Am i reading this right?

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

People say it's cluttered, but I still think it nice box art, just let it go. 

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Devil240Z

Great now I have to buy Killzone 3.  Damn my love for socom, the greatest multiplayer shooter series of all time.

nvorgang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By nvorgang
    @gamb1t said:
    " Jesus you guys sound like females nit picking a fucking cover to a videogame. Am i reading this right? "
    It does get annoying seeing logos all over the box.  And if anyone wants to see annoying check out the MGS4 platinum box art.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.