Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

Zipper Interactive returns to the SOCOM series with a new installment on PlayStation 3 that features squad-based gameplay, 32 player online modes, and PlayStation Move support.

PS+ beta started today.........

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By Sooperspy

But with how long it takes to DL, I may have to wait until next week to play it.
    So, the initial download is 400-500 mb (can't remember the exact number), then you have to install it. After, there is a 37 mb update. In total, it takes about 30-35 minutes to download, then comes the worst part. After downloading the first update, you have to download another update, which is 1561.27 MB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If you own a PS3, then you know how long it takes to download stuff, and how it takes even longer update. I've been downloading the update for 30, maybe 40 minutes, and I'm only 6% done with the download.
    Has anyone else with PS+ tried downloading it yet, and if so, has the download taken this long for you?

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By RE_Player1

Yup. It's taken me 3 hours and I'm 1% away from playing. 

Bigrhyno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Bigrhyno

I tried to download the big update 3 times, and each time it stayed at 2.77 mb forever so I decided just to try again later.

X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By X19

I can't even find it on the store but I am in the SCEE region so they will probably forget to put it up.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#5  Edited By MightyDuck

It'll take a bit.

The original download is I think about 500 mb to get the beta client.  Once that loads, you'll have a 1500 mb download/patch to install.

In my opinion, it's worth it.  Socom 4 is a new style of Socom, but I'm still enjoying it a lot.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Afroman269

How long till people who bought Killzone 3 can get in?

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sooperspy
    @Afroman269 said:
    " How long till people who bought Killzone 3 can get in? "
    Next week, then public to everyone the week afterwards.
    Carnage1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By Carnage1290

That...is...insane. Not looking forward to that download next week, guess I know to start it early then.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RE_Player1

Played one match. Either I don't like Socom anymore or I have to get used to the controls again. 

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Sooperspy
    @RE_Player92 said:
    " Played one match. Either I don't like Socom anymore or I have to get used to the controls again.  "
    Don't say that! 
    If I sit through this and the game isn't good, bad things will happen. Very, very bad things....
    RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RE_Player1
    @Redbullet685: lol I dunno. I'd be interested to see what you think of the game. 
    Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Sooperspy
    @RE_Player92:  I'm sure I will like it cause I used to play Socom 1 and 2. I just don't want it to be bad after sitting through this download.
    Drummerlp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Drummerlp2000

It is soooooo slooooooowwww. but i'm excited

Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By Nadafinga

Took me almost 4 hours to download the 1.5gb update. But that slowness is on the SOCOM server side, normally a DL that big would only take an hour or two on my connection speed.

But, once I got it, it was awesome. Don't go into this expecting a run n gun shooter. You have to play smart, tactical, and stick with your team.  Especially if you're playing Classic Mode, where there's no respawns. That's some classic old school SOCOM for you right there. You die, you get to sit and watch your teammates play for a few minutes. People are either going to love it or hate it. I love it.

By the way, here's the schedule of events for the week:

· Tuesday (3/22) – Suppression, Classic Suppression, Scrum (Custom), Community Day Classic (Custom)

· Wednesday (3/23) – Uplink, Classic Uplink, Suppression, Classic Suppression

· Thursday (3/24) – Last Defense, Classic Last Defense, Uplink, Classic Uplink

· Friday (3/25) – Bomb Squad, Classic Bomb Squad, Last Defense, Classic Last Defense

· Saturday (3/26) – Sniper Alley (Custom), Last Defense Run ‘n Gun (Custom), Bomb Squad, Classic Bomb Squad

· Sunday (3/27) – Scrum (Custom), Community Day Classic (Custom), Sniper Alley (Custom), Last Defense Run ‘n Gun (Custom)

· Monday (3/28) – Suppression, Classic Suppression, Scrum (Custom), Community Day Classic (Custom)

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By Grissefar

What a terrible piece of shit. I'm not going to sit through that slow ass download. The initial download and the update was quick enough but I've deleted it again because of that download. Way to get people to try out your game, SOCOM men.

THRICE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By THRICE

3 and 4 hours to download wow!? I had the client and the 1.5 gig update down in half an hour as soon as it went live last night.

Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#17  Edited By Nadafinga
    @Grissefar said:
    " What a terrible piece of shit. I'm not going to sit through that slow ass download. The initial download and the update was quick enough but I've deleted it again because of that download. Way to get people to try out your game, SOCOM men. "
    Can't you just let it go overnight or while you're at work or something?
    turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By turboman

The download isn't bad at all for me... I'm enjoying Socom again!

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By RobotHamster

So last night I was downloading the game and for me it was fine, installing was quick, a small patch okay, then a 1500mb update took me waaaay too long.  Eventually I got in and I have to say it's pretty good, can't wait to play some more. 

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DonPixel

Im liking it so far as 3rd person shooter sucker im liking it... duno what the average socom fan would find it .. this is pretty much the first I play ever

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By animateria

The download was pretty fast for me. 

Haven't actually booted the game after installing it though. I usually don't play competitive shooters unless I'm over at someones house.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By Enigma777
    @Redbullet685 said:
    " But with how long it takes to DL, I may have to wait until next week to play it. So, the initial download is 400-500 mb (can't remember the exact number), then you have to install it. After, there is a 37 mb update. In total, it takes about 30-35 minutes to download, then comes the worst part. After downloading the first update, you have to download another update, which is 1561.27 MB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!If you own a PS3, then you know how long it takes to download stuff, and how it takes even longer update. I've been downloading the update for 30, maybe 40 minutes, and I'm only 6% done with the download. Has anyone else with PS+ tried downloading it yet, and if so, has the download taken this long for you? "
    Dude, have you never been in a PS3 beta? DCU, MAG, LBP, they were all like that...
    Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Sooperspy

Got to play some today, and I think the game is pretty fun. I think the camera could be better, but it is actually very fun. Gonna get it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.