Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs - Confrontation

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 14, 2008

Confrontation, the first SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs game for the PlayStation 3 delivers 32-player online multiplayer across 7 maps and 7 modes with robust community and clan support.

Beta - When does it start?

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By AndrewGaspar

Does anybody know when the beta starts?

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By AndrewGaspar

What?! Seriously? I need to go boot up Qore Episode One... =P

I hadn't heard anything about it starting, so I assumed it hadn't started yet. D'oh!

Apex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Apex

Ignore what I said, sorry I thought you were refering to Giant Bomb beta. (I posted straight from the new threads page).

Sorry about that. 

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AndrewGaspar

This is the last time you mess with meeeeeee, Apex!!! GARGHHH!!!

j/k ;-)

Apex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Apex

:P

Ironically enough the last time I played a game beta was the original SOCOM for PS2. I had to pay £40 ($80) for Sony to send me the game, headset and network adapter. They also sent me a copy of SOCOM II beta a few years later for free. 

Triumph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By Triumph

Probably never.

The point of the beta is to see what changes need to be made. Slant Six is working slowly (2007 exclusive anyone?) and even Infinity Ward took two months I believe.

If a "beta" does come out it shouldn't be called a beta and instead be called a demo because they won't even have time to make changes without delaying it.

Albanian_Killa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Albanian_Killa

Look at SOCOM.com today. SCEA announced on the official SOCOM forums (PlayStation Underground) that they will have all the details of the SOCOM public beta in today's blog post. However, it is confirmed GameStop will begin giving out beta codes on 8/11 via e-mail, so if you pre-order from GameStop, make sure to give them your e-mail address. Also, the blog post should also specify a date for the Qore beta.

As for the closed beta, SCEA picked out members from the official forums who were nominated as community leaders and put them in the list of closed beta members. I was in that list, but I haven't received a beta or e-mail or anything, and judging by others on that list, they haven't either, so I assume both betas haven't started yet. The closed beta needs to close before the open beta opens.

Albanian_Killa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Albanian_Killa
    Public Beta info... no really!
    Posted by Seth Luisi

I'm happy to be able to share information on the SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation Public Beta.

When does it start?
    The SOCOM Confrontation Public Beta will start on September 1st and end on September 30th; a whole month of SOCOM goodness.  

How to Get In?
    There are two ways to get into the SOCOM: Confrontation Public Beta

GameStop Preorder Campaign
    Some of you may have already seen we have started an exclusive preorder Public Beta campaign with GameStop.  If you preorder SOCOM: Confrontation at GameStop, not only will you be able to access the SOCOM: Confrontation Public Beta on day 1 but you will also be able to share the code you receive from Sony PlayStation with two friends as well.  SOCOM is all about team work and what better way to encourage team work than to make it easy for you and a couple of friends to get online in the Public Beta.  We want you to spread the word about SOCOM and share the experience with your friends so get down to your local GameStop and pick up your voucher or pre-order here.

QORE™ presented by the PLAYSTATION®Network
    If you downloaded the June issue of QORE, you, too, will be able to participate.  You will be able to download the SOCOM: Confrontation Public Beta from within the application starting on September 8th and play through to September 30th.

The Fine Print

This should be obvious, but you must have a PSN account in order to download and participate in the SOCOM: Confrontation Public Beta.  You can sign up for a PSN account online.

This information only applies for North America.  Details about the SOCOM: Confrontation Public Beta in other parts of the world will be announced by the regional Sony Computer Entertainment offices.

Let the Games Begin!

From the SOCOM blog

(link)
    yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By yakov456

So it's September 1st, has anyone played in the Beta? I have to wait until September 8th.

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By PufferFiz

the beta got delayed till the 5th and the quor got delayed tell the 12th

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.