Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs - Confrontation

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 14, 2008

Confrontation, the first SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs game for the PlayStation 3 delivers 32-player online multiplayer across 7 maps and 7 modes with robust community and clan support.

Is SOCOM confrontation still laggy?

NinjaMunkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NinjaMunkey

Hi, socom confrontation is coming out in a couple weeks to the UK and I was just wonderig if the game still suffers from any lag.

Also how is the lobby system? Is it fast and easy to join a game, and how easy is it to get friends into the same game as you?

Thanks!

Wuffi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Wuffi

nah its fine for me

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By TwoOneFive

no, and its a lot of fun, im kind of hooked right now...just waiting for the patch next week, adding a ton of new fixes enhancements and new features. luckily for europe you won't have to experience the horror of the US launch lol. 

yeah you'll be able to do all of those things you say. 
    also, it will be nice to go on the US vs EU channel and there actually be people from EU on there instead of all americans on either side. 

the headset is great btw. 
    LegioXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By LegioXIII

Nope. It was fixed, it's fine, and a ton of fun.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Damn I want this game now, but I think I will just wait for Killzone 2, to satifiy my hunger for a new game.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By shadows_kill

for the 2nd question if someone invites you it will say join _______ server and then once you do it puts you in the game. im pretty sure with the next update that you can just join there games but im not positive. also joining matches for me is pretty easy and fast.

Avatar image for disabilityfishy
    DisAbiLityFisHy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By DisAbiLityFisHy

Nope, not laggy anymore. Plus almost all of the issues are fixed, and they're ready to launch the new 1.30 patch soon too.
    Picking this up when 1.30 comes out :P

NinjaMunkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NinjaMunkey

Cool. I had SOCOM 1 and 2 for the psp and oth were brilliant. Ive been waiting so long to get this game on the ps3 if its even half as good as it is on the psp I will enjoy it more than COD4 which is getting a little too easy for me now lol.

Expanding on joining games I was also wondering can you set up a party so you all join a game the host sets like in COD4? Or can you only join a game once a friend is in it like warhawk?

Thanks, either way Im preordering this game!

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By shadows_kill
    NinjaMunkey said:
    "Expanding on joining games I was also wondering can you set up a party so you all join a game the host sets like in COD4? Or can you only join a game once a friend is in it like warhawk?

Thanks, either way Im preordering this game!"
    its more like warhawk. you make/join a game. invite your peoples, they join w/e server and they join your game.
    NinjaMunkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NinjaMunkey

Ah cool.

As long as it works and i can get friends in the same game.

I've preordered the game now. Looking forward to playing it and getting into a good clan. Ive been dying for a good tactical teamwork game, COD4 and warhawk are ok apart from the fact its all just every man for himself. Resistance 2 is better with co-op but SOCOM is going to be soooo good...

Flam3Thr0w3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Flam3Thr0w3r

Nah, it's not too bad. I get a bit of lag, sometimes, but it's pretty good overall.
    Plus, they are bringing out a new patch soon with trophies and loads of bug fixes, so it's good to see that they are keeping it updated, even if it is stuff that should have been there in the first place.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By shadows_kill

o one last thing. i feel really sorry for you when you have to update. the update was HUGE. it will take you a long time to install it.

Stanford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Stanford

Is is worth the $40?

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By LiquidPrince

I saw my friend play it and it seemed silky smooth.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

it depends on your matches some times it lags, sometimes it doesn't the one game that ranks high for low lag under all conditions is warhawk most other psn games i've seen have lag and dont it all depends.

the worst psn game is Metal gear online ranging from laggy, to unable to play whatsoever, infact im rarely ever able to get on MGO cause it comes up with a networking error and such though ive gotten on before.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By LiquidPrince
    WilliamRLBaker said:
    "it depends on your matches some times it lags, sometimes it doesn't the one game that ranks high for low lag under all conditions is warhawk most other psn games i've seen have lag and dont it all depends.

the worst psn game is Metal gear online ranging from laggy, to unable to play whatsoever, infact im rarely ever able to get on MGO cause it comes up with a networking error and such though ive gotten on before."

I've never faced a problem on Metal Gear Online.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.