Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs - Confrontation

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 14, 2008

Confrontation, the first SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs game for the PlayStation 3 delivers 32-player online multiplayer across 7 maps and 7 modes with robust community and clan support.

SOCOM 1.30 Update: Parties, matchmaking,

TEAMHOLT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TEAMHOLT

and other stuff that needed to be in the game to begin with.

Matchmaking and a party system is a bit of a game changer for me. My main issue with the game (other than the whole "not working" thing) was that the process of getting together with friends and launching a game was in the damn dark ages. Even though this stuff should have been in the game to begin with, it's good to see they're actively working on making it better.

No word on being able to switch to another one of your preset weapon load-outs mid-game, which was another sticking point for me. Maybe that was already covered in a previous update, or maybe that's just not how SOCOM games roll, I don't know.

Anybody else thinking of giving this game another shot, or is it just too late?

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By TwoOneFive

yea i really can't wait for this. 

Another shot?!? I bought this and love it. Haven't been playing a lot lately but as soon as this new patch comes out i'll be hooked man. I think people should give it another shot, its really underrated imo. 
    ManlyBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By ManlyBeast

Very good.

Manachild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Manachild

granted they should had this stuff in at launch but i have to give huge props to slant six for putting in the work to actually fix and improve the game, definatly something i'm gonna pick up for my ps3 now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.