Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Solar 2

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Jun 17, 2011

Solar 2 is a space sandbox game. Players begin as a lowly asteroid in an infinite universe, eventually growing into planets, stars, and solar systems by consuming other planetary bodies.

Heads up. This is on Xbox indie games

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Pie

It's available for 400 points. Just a little heads up in case you wanted it but your pc is too bad or you want it for cheaper. As far as I could tell from the trial version it's the same as the PC version

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Sanity

Yea, its cheaper on live but the guy who made it says the pc version is better as it supports more ships on screen and i think the graphics are crisper if that matters to yea. Also updates will come out for the pc version way faster considering the slow ass speed Microsoft handles things. Neat little time waster for 10 bucks.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#3  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Really? That's kinda cool. Half price for a slightly worse version of the game? Sure? Sadly, I'm saving my microsoft space bucks for Trenched right now, because otherwise I'd probably capitalize on this venture.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By demontium

@ArbitraryWater said:

Really? That's kinda cool. Half price for a slightly worse version of the game? Sure? Sadly, I'm saving my microsoft space bucks for Trenched right now, because otherwise I'd probably capitalize on this venture.

Same here

Portis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Portis

@dudy80said:

Yea, its cheaper on live but the guy who made it says the pc version is better as it supports more ships on screen and i think the graphics are crisper if that matters to yea. Also updates will come out for the pc version way faster considering the slow ass speed Microsoft handles things. Neat little time waster for 10 bucks.

Shit, really? I was going to get the Xbox 360 indie games version instead of Steam, but looks like I'll have to change my mind. Still, 400points/five bucks, though...

Absolute_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Absolute_Zero
    Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Fuck yes. Done. Sold.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Vexxan

@Absolute_Zero said:

Here's a post from the developer highlighting the differences between the 360 & PC versions: http://murudai.com/2011/06/solar-2-now-on-xbox-live-indie-games/

That's a rather long list of bad things...think I'll stay away from the 360 version.

umdesch4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By umdesch4

@Vegsen: Holy crap! Lower audio quality? At least half of what keeps me playing around with this game for more than an hour at a time is the sweet soundtrack, and the fact that it sounds great on my headphones. I've got my 360 hooked up to a great surround sound system, so audio compression artifacts will show up even worse than PC speakers. Ugh!

Absolute_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Absolute_Zero

@Vegsen: Well at least he's honest. :D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.