Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Solatorobo: Red the Hunter

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Sep 27, 2011

An action RPG by CyberConnect2 for DS. It is a spiritual successor to Tail Concerto.

Solarobo - Another Awesome Looking RPG For Nintendo DS

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

No Caption Provided

• Title: Solarobo: Sore Kara Coda E
    • Platform: Nintendo DS
    • Genre: Action RPG
    • Release Date: 2010

• Executive Director – Hiroshi Matsuyama (CC2 President)
    • Director – Takayuki Isobe (Tail Concerto)
    • Main Visual, Character Design – Nobuteru Yuki (Tail Concerto)
    • Mechanical Illustration – Yoshitake Taniguchi (SRW)
    • Opening Animation Director: Yoshiki Yamakawa (Hell’s Angels)
    • Opening Animation Production: Madhouse

Another RPG is on it's way to DS owners in the form of "Solarobo", an action RPG being developed by CyberConnect2. Solarobo is an original fully 3D based action RPG that's been in planning for ten years, and in development for a further three years. CyberConnect2 promises an "epic human drama with a strong sci-fi theme", one that features robots, or as the game calls them -"robos."  

Solarobo is set on the floating island world of the Shepherd Republic. The island has two races - Inubito and Nekobito. The names roughly translate as - "Dog People" and "Cat People." You'll play as Red Savarin, a 17-year-old Inubito (Doggy kind). The story starts when Red meets Ell Melizee, a mysterious Nekobito (Kitty kind). Red and his younger sister, the 13-year-old "Chocolat Gelato", travel together on the adventure, but Red also has a Mech called Dahak-AZ103 to accompany him as he explores the game's many towns and dungeons. While riding a top your trusty Mech Dehak, players can grab enemies, pick up crates, catch and toss back missiles at enemies, toss treasure boxes against walls in order to break them. On occasion you'll be forced to leave the protection of Dehak and explore on foot. but that's no big deal because Red is more than capable on his own. Red can break objects, climb ladders, control switches, swim, and even battle with enemies using a combination of his gun and sword.

The game info box on Famitsu (seen below) mentions four player multiplayer along with support for Nintendo's Wi-Fi connection service.      

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#2  Edited By AgentJ

I can't even be surprised at new DS Jrpgs anymore, though the characters are not particularly interesting to me. For once, I might actually hold off.

Ping5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#3  Edited By Ping5000

I have a high tolerance for furries, but... this game is seriously furry.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By oldschool
    @Ping5000 said:
    " I have a high tolerance for furries, but... this game is seriously furry. "
    I am liking the furry.  This looks nice and at least is something new.  May never see a western release though.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By oldschool
    @TinaWood said:
    "  I like those characters, they look like cats and dogs!.  The style reminds me of Rocket Knight Adventures.. on Genesis. "
    I still have Rocket Knight Adventures on my Megadrive.  That was good fun back in the day.  I think it is nice to make characters as animals in some games and those ones look cute and suit the DS graphics well.
    Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Whisperkill

Oh god, not furries!

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By Meowayne

I don't care about the distinctively furry characters if the script is good. But I doubt it will be.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Meowayne said:

" I don't care about the distinctively furry characters if the script is good. But I doubt it will be. "

What aspect of what you see above makes you doubt the script? The game has been in the planning stage for ten years, and has been developed on for another three years, and still you think it will have a bad script : /
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By oldschool
    @TinaWood said:
    " @oldschool said:
    " @TinaWood said:
    "  I like those characters, they look like cats and dogs!.  The style reminds me of Rocket Knight Adventures.. on Genesis. "
    I still have Rocket Knight Adventures on my Megadrive.  That was good fun back in the day.  I think it is nice to make characters as animals in some games and those ones look cute and suit the DS graphics well. "
     We call it a Genesis, MegaDrive sounds funny, like something from Back to the Future : P   I agree, it looks really cute and appealing. I've always liked Anime characters that look both human and like a particular animal. When I was younger I loved reading the tales of Usagi Yojimbo, ever since then such characters have always appealed to me.  "
    I find it slightly disappointing when people dismiss something based on a stereotype.  I am not saying people have to like a particular art style (I don't like the art of Dragonball Z, but like Dragon Quest as a game), but dismissing it as "furries" sells the possibilities short.  Star Fox is all about the animals and you don't hear much negativity to that.  Just because some people take their "hobby" too seriously doesn't mean the genre is bad.  If that was the case we pretty much have to hate everything, especially sport (sporties with all that dress up).
    CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By CaptainObvious
    @Linkyshinks said:
    " @Meowayne said:

" I don't care about the distinctively furry characters if the script is good. But I doubt it will be. "

What aspect of what you see above makes you doubt the script? The game has been in the planning stage for ten years, and has been developed on for another three years, and still you think it will have a bad script : / "
    That doesn't necessarily mean that the script will be good. 
    Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Axersia

Oh god, the furries are gonna EAT. THIS. UP. This game will generate so much erotic fanart... it's not even funny.

I'm gonna have to send my furry friend the URL to this thread.

But anyway, even though I'm not a furry myself, I do like action RPGs, and I don't need to control human characters in every single game I play, so I'll definitely keep an eye out for this.

Semition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Semition

Furries and Mech Suits. Two of my least favorite things in anime. Probably going to skip this one.

jj984jj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By jj984jj

Tail Concerto was more of an action/platformer game than a RPG and this looks to retain the gameplay of it. I guess Bandai/CC2 want the game to sell though.

thetrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By thetrin
    @Semition said:

" Furries and Mech Suits. Two of my least favorite things in anime. Probably going to skip this one. "

So, are all anthropomorphic creatures are furries now? You must hate Mickey Mouse and Bugs Bunny.

You're missing out on a great game. I'm playing through Solatorobo right now, and loving the crap out of it. The simple lift and throw mechanics are used in so many different ways throughout, it always stays fresh. The game is fantastic.

Not to mention that Red is such an endearing character, I can't help but love his attitude towards everything.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By xyzygy

I see  this thread and somehow thought Linky was back. Weird.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By JJOR64
    @xyzygy said:
    " I see  this thread and somehow thought Linky was back. Weird. "
    Same.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.