Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

SolForge

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Apr 04, 2013

SolForge is a Kickstarter-funded Digital Collectible Game from Stone Blade Entertainment, the designers of Ascension, and Richard Garfield, the creator of Magic: the Gathering.

Set 4 "Imprisoned Heralds" Released (Woohoo...?)

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 25

#1  Edited By StarvingGamer

I realize I'm probably the only person on these forums who cares at this point but I'm gonna keep making these threads and you can't stop me! Unless you're a mod! Then you can probably stop me!

Big, big, BIG changes with set 4. Where to begin... where to begin... cards?

There are 60 new cards and the new keywords this time around are Assault and Upgrade.

• Assault - an ability that triggers when played in an open-lane (no opposing creature)
    • Upgrade - an ability that triggers when placed over an existing creature

And while there are no keywords for them, a few fun new cycles of cards were introduced including creatures that have abilities that trigger when they're overwritten, spells that make additional copies free when they're played in the same turn, and spells that grow more powerful based on Player Rank. Also new are the Heralds, Legendary cards that are spells during level 1 and 2 and creatures at level 3.

No Caption Provided

More balance changes as well including a nerf to Tarsus and a fix of the Banish bug.

Tarsus Deathweaver

• Tarsus Deathweaver now has one less health at every level, and can no longer effect itself with its own ability
    • Before: 5/6, 9/10, 15/16 Card text: When a creature you control enters the field, if it did not enter the field from your hand, that creature gets +X attack and +X health.
    • After: 5/5, 9/9, 15/15 Card text: When another creature you control enters the field, if it did not enter the field from your hand, that creature gets +X attack and +X health.

Lyria, Muse of Varna

• Lyria’s level 2 and 3 abilities may only bring back creatures that have died that game, not ones that have been Replaced or Banished
    • Before: Level 2) When Lyria enters the field, put a random creature that was destroyed, banished, or replaced this game into one of your available spaces at random. Level 3) When Lyria enters the field, put a random creature that was destroyed, banished, or replaced this game into each of your available spaces at random.
    • After: Level 2) When Lyria enters the field, put a random creature that was destroyed this game into one of your available spaces at random. Level 3 ) When Lyria enters the field, put a random creature that was destroyed this game into each of your available spaces at random.

Varna’s Pact

• Varna’s Pact may only bring back creatures that have died that game, not ones that have been Replaced or Banished
    • Before: Level 1) Put a random creature that was destroyed, banished, or replaced this game into a space you control. Level 2) Put two random creatures that were destroyed, banished, or replaced this game into two spaces you control. Level 3) Put three random creatures that were destroyed, banished, or replaced this game into three spaces you control.
    • After: Level 1) Put a random creature that was destroyed this game into a space you control. Level 2) Put two random creatures that were destroyed this game into two spaces you control. Level 3) Put three random creatures that were destroyed this game into three spaces you control.

Delpha, Chronosculptor

• Before: 4/7, 7/10, 13/16
    • After: 5/7, 9/10, 15/16

Uterradon Rex

• Before: 2/7, 6/11, 11/18
    • After: 4/7, 8/11, 13/18

Seal of Deepwood

• Before: Level 3) Target creature gets +18 attack and +18 health.
    • After: Level 3) Target creature gets +12 attack and +12 health.

Xithian Direhound

• Before: 5/5 Overload. When this enters the field, you may have target creature an opponent controls get -5 attack and -5 health.
    • After: 4/4 Overload. When this enters the field, you may have target creature an opponent controls get -4 attack and -4 health.

Grimgaunt Doomrider

• Before:
    • Level 1) 4/7, When a creature you control is destroyed, Grimgaunt Doomrider gets +1 attack, +1 health, and moves to that space. Each other creature in that lane gets -1 attack and -1 health.
    • Level 2) 7/11, When a creature you control is destroyed, Grimgaunt Doomrider gets +2 attack, +2 health, and moves to that space. Each other creature in that lane gets -2 attack and -2 health.
    • Level 3) 12/17, When a creature you control is destroyed, Grimgaunt Doomrider gets +3 attack, +3 health, and moves to that space. Each other creature in that lane gets -3 attack and -3 health.
    • After:
    • Level 1) 4/6, When a creature you control is destroyed, Grimgaunt Doomrider gets +1 attack, +1 health, and moves to that space. Each other creature in that lane gets -1 attack and -1 health.
    • Level 2) 7/9, When a creature you control is destroyed, Grimgaunt Doomrider gets +1 attack, +1 health, and moves to that space. Each other creature in that lane gets -1 attack and -1 health.
    • Level 3) 12/14, When a creature you control is destroyed, Grimgaunt Doomrider gets +2 attack, +2 health, and moves to that space. Each other creature in that lane gets -2 attack and -2 health

Aetherphage

• Before: 7/5, 11/9, 18/15
    • After: 6/5, 10/9, 16/15

Suruzal, Emissary of Varna

• Suruzal’s target will now be killed (and thus preventing from triggering come into play effects) prior to summoning the new copy

Toorgmai Guardian

• Bug Fixed: If 2 cards removed cards from the discard pile prior to a re-shuffle, the second card would often target a card other than the one the user requested.

Tomb Pillager

• Bug Fixed: If 2 cards removed cards from the discard pile prior to a re-shuffle, the second card would often target a card other than the one the user requested.

Zimus, the Undying Alternate Art

• There was an issue with one of the card links on the level 3 alternate art form of Zimus the Undying. That link will now function as intended.

Various over bug fixes hit as well as a few quality of life improvements including multi-card forging so you don't have to melt your cards one-by-one and a slightly less shitty friends list. An update was made to the client itself that allows SBE to push card fixes server-side rather than client-side so they can circumvent the need to deal with app approval and waiting for major updates to tweak things. They also removed the 30-day restriction on Forging cards from new sets, and instead have made new cards available to forge immediately upon release, albeit at a higher price for the first 30-days.

One of the biggest new features in sharing, which is sorts like trading but not. Cards are split into two categores: bound and shareable. Any cards earned via F2P means, including daily rewards, Silver purchases, or tournaments entered with Silver tickets, are bound. Any cards earned via real-money purchases including packs bought directly from the store, in-game purchases using Gold, and tournaments entered with Gold tickets, are shareable. You can share any of your shareable cards with another player, which gives them a bound copy of that card and turns the shareable copy in your collection into a bound copy as well.

And depending on the player, either the most or least important are the sweeping changes made to the various tournament formats. Gold tickets are being eliminated (if you have Gold tickets currently they will be converted into Gold over the next few days), and players will now be able to enter tournaments using event (Silver) tickets, or paying an amount of Silver or Gold directly. Also tournaments no longer pay out in tickets and instead pay out in Silver, which means that while before players with a 3-1 record could go infinite and earn tons of shareable cards off of a single entry, players that go infinite now will only be earning bound cards as every entry after the first will be made with Silver.

New tournaments have been added as well. Casual draft has a lower entry fee than standard draft but players do not get to keep their drafted cards afterwards. Elite tournaments are held monthly with an entry fee that must be paid using elite tickets that are earned for going 3-1 or better in competitive draft or constructed. They're 6-round Swiss constructed tournaments with payouts that include a guaranteed alternate-art card, as well as cards or Silver or Gold based on performance.

Casual Draft

Currencies which produce Bound to account rewards:

• 3 Event tickets
    • 60,000 Silver
    • Casual Draft Coupon

Currencies which produce Sharable rewards:

• 540 Gold
    • Kickstarter Draft Coupon

You will receive rewards based on your final record in the 4 round tournament:

Final RecordSilverPack
    0-43 Basic Pack
    1-310,0003 Basic Pack
    2-220,0002 Basic Pack + Bronze Prize Pack
    3-130,0002 Basic Pack + Silver Prize Pack
    4-060,0002 Basic Pack + Gold Prize Pack

Competitive Draft

• 7 Event tickets
    • 140,000 Silver
    • Competitive Draft Coupon

• 1260 Gold
    • Kickstarter Draft Coupon

Final RecordSilverPackElite Ticket
    0-4Basic Pack
    1-310,000Bronze Prize Pack
    2-270,000Silver Prize Pack
    3-1140,000Gold Prize Pack1 Elite Ticket
    4-0145,000Platinum Prize Pack2 Elite Tickets

Constructed

• 4 Event tickets
    • 80,000 Silver
    • Constructed Coupon

• 720 Gold

Final RecordSilverPackElite Ticket
    0-4Basic Pack
    1-310,000Bronze Prize Pack
    2-245,000Silver Prize Pack
    3-180,000Gold Prize Pack1 Elite Ticket
    4-088,000Platinum Prize Pack2 Elite Tickets

Elite Tournament

You may only enter this tournament via 20 Elite tickets

You will receive rewards based on your final record in the 6 round tournament:

Final RecordAlternate ArtPack
    0-61 Participation AABronze Prize Pack
    1-51 Participation AASilver Prize Pack
    2-41 Participation AAGold Prize Pack
    3-31 Participation AAPlatinum Prize Pack
    4-21 Participation AASet 4 Legendary Chest
    5-11 Participation AA500,000 Silver
    6-01 Participation AA20,000 Gold

So does anyone still play? Who wants to trade (share) cards with me? I have over 150 shareable Legendaries. I play this game too much...

BeyondStrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By BeyondStrange

Fret not! It may have come 25 days late, but I am here to say you aren't the only person on GB to play this game too much.

I really like the new set for the most part and feel it is better than the last one. Before, I relied on a Killion, Iron Maiden, and card resurrection deck that worked well, but felt like borderline cheating. Along with the Brood Queen, Iron Maiden felt too powerful. With the new cards, both those are far more manageable.

I decided to build a new deck from scratch which is something I haven't done for a long time. It is a completely Nekkrum deck built around the Sorrow Maiden. Not only is it nice to rely on cards that are nonlegendary, but it feels like I am using strategy to win again instead of just the strongest cards like I have done with the last expansion.

Of course, as always, there are new kinks to be worked out. Wegu is way too strong in its current form. It isn't an guaranteed win, but Wegu doesn't take much strategy to use, just get a level 2 or 3 out and play a bunch of heeling cards and you will probably win, even if your opponent has been dominating. Also, I see some complaining about the rage of kadras, but I have only encountered it once or twice. I want to try the new tournaments, but may wait until those are balanced. Plus, I haven't had the time or energy to do so. I think I have like 80 tickets at this point.

The sharing system is nice, but I still worry the game is too impenetrable for new people. I tried to get a friend of mine into it, but even with sharing cards, it was hard for him to do well. I am not sure how that problem can be fixed though.

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Levius

Huh, I didn't hear that they do casual drafts. I may jump back in now it's a little cheaper to play a draft.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.