expletive's Sonic Adventure (Dreamcast) review

• expletive wrote this review on .

by far the best 3D sonic game... ever.

I would like to say that this was one of the very first games that I played, when i was about  7 or 8, and I am 14 now.

and i still remember it fondly. This is effectively the game that turned me in to a gamer.

The basic story line of  Sonic Adventure is that once again the infamous Dr. Robotnik is trying to do something bad and Sonic and the gang have to stop him, this time he is trying to collect all of the sought after  "chaos emeralds"
so that his pet liquid monster type thing, can become even bigger and badder, and generally  F@$k S#!t up.

What i a trying to get across here is that the story is rather forgettable, but the gameplay on the other hand is phenomenal, rushing in between pure speed exploding robots with your spin attack and platforming  is a joy. right from the beginning to the exhilarating finish this game is awesome! of course as long as you are playing as Sonic.

now heres where this game starts to suck proverbial a$$, while the longest portion of the game you are playing as sonic, there are a few shorter side stories where you assume the roles of some of sonics friends such as
tails :]
knuckles :]
gamma whatever [robot guy] :[
big the cat :]
and amy the hedgehog:|

While the knuckles and tails sections are relatively fun if short lived, the other three are just abysmal.

So over all its really just a shame that they had to put such terrible filler in to such a great game.

Even still Sonic adventure is a truly great game, that everyone should play if they get the chance.

Ellar
Posted by JonathanMoore

Much better than the other 3D games, still not as good as the Genesis Classics.

-- God Bless.