Free right now on PSN+

#1 Posted by EightBitShik (1334 posts) -

This is free for the Vita and I'm not going to lie I just download all the stuff they offer even if I had no intention of playing it. I was on the throne today and said fuck it. I was expecting a really bad racing game that was clunky and not "fun". I have only done 4 races and I cannot say for 100% yet but I think I might like this game way more than Mario Kart 7 and I really like Mario Kart... The levels are great, I didn't play Diddy Kong Racing so I don't know if you swapped between Car and planes mid level like you do in Sonic (ooo and a boat) but it is bad ass. The music is good. Because of all those things I really want to play it on my big screen and with speakers. I might pick it up for console so I can also play with the lady.

#2 Edited by Soapy86 (2620 posts) -

Best kart racer ever.

#3 Posted by Chaser324 (6390 posts) -

This game is severely underrated, and if you have PS+, you now have absolutely no excuse not to play it.

Moderator Online
#4 Posted by Flappy (2187 posts) -

Agreed. It's easy to write off everything that features Sonic and friends, but there's enough nostalgia and quality gameplay to make this game worth your time.

This game is good!

#5 Posted by Spoonman671 (4587 posts) -

@soapy86 said:

Best kart racer ever.

They're giving away ModNation Racers? Sweet!

#6 Posted by mosespippy (4099 posts) -

I just wish there was some Valkyria Chronicles love in the game. Other than that it's been pretty good. I wouldn't call it great but I'm not really a kart racing sort of person.

#7 Posted by csl316 (8342 posts) -

It's really a fantastic game. Fun, tons of content, very well made. My buddy played the original and said it was surprisingly good, but I figured he was full of crap. For some reason I picked this one up and put around 30 hours in.

I didn't install it on my Vita yet because I know I'll just start again, and I have a bunch of games to play before things start coming out again, dammit.

#8 Posted by Yummylee (21465 posts) -

@Everyone

#9 Posted by crithon (3111 posts) -
@soapy86 said:

Best kart racer ever.

So I played it on steam.... I don't believe I enjoy Kart Racers.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.