Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing 3 Cast Suggestions

Posted by Colorwind (230 posts) -

So I’ve played a lot of Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed and with all of the courses in that game that are inspired by various games from Sega’s past, it’s a shame that not more of the playable characters reflect that. I mean, a fifth of the characters are from Sonic the Hedgehog. So I thought I would lay out some suggestions for characters that could appear in the inevitable sequel. First, the returning characters.

1. Sonic the Hedgehog
  2. Miles Tails Prowler
  3. Knuckles the Echidna
  4. Shadow the Hedgehog
  5. Dr. Robotnik
  6. Metal Sonic
  7. Alex Kidd
  8. Joe Musashi
  9. Amigo
  10. B.D. Joe
  11. Vyse
  12. AiAi
  13. MeeMee
  14. Ulala
  15. Pudding
  16. Beat
  17. Gum
  18. Ryo (back from Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing)
  19. Nights
  20. Reala
  21. AGES

Now for the other 19 characters that would round out the cast of 40. Yes, 40 characters in total.

1. Silver the Hedgehog. For as much as Sega wanted to push Silver as a new character in the Sonic franchise, they’ve done a pretty shitting job of it. So they need to include him in this series. I personally don’t actually like Silver as a character but his ability to levitate and force push objects would make for a cool vehicle design and all-star power-up.
  2. Blaze the Cat. This is a real personal choice but I’ve always liked Blaze the Cat. I think that she’s a good representation of a female Knuckles but without his admitted naiveté. She’s a good strong character and her Sol Emeralds and fire abilities would make for a cool all-star power-up.
  3. Orta. Some of you may not know Orta but she is the most recent rider in the Panzer Dragoon games and the one with most of a personality. If you are going to introduce the Dragon into these games, and you should, the rider would have to be Orta. To be fair, all of the abilities would be centered around the dragon than her but she’s an interesting design.
  4. Pepperouchau. Pepperouchau is from Sega Saturn’s Clockwork Night series. He’s a wind up soldier toy so his vehicles would be wind up toy based. His all-star attack could be him speeding up while a giant key spins out in front of him and when it hits an opponent, it would have the same affect as the twister weapon.
  5. Agent G. He is from the House of the Dead franchise and his vehicles are fairly obvious. He’s the slick professional type so he would have a classy BMW-type car, speedboat, and designer jet. Since he’s from a light gun game, his all-star would be a big gun that comes from the hood of the vehicle.
  6. Vectorman. The character made out of balls that can shape shift would be the driver and the car. He’ll shape shift to be a off road type car, a helicopter, and a barge like boat. His all-star would be him turning into a bomb that can explode and take out cars. It would have a pretty big blast radius.
  7. Ethan Thomas. From the Condemned series, he would bring a gritty feel to the game. He would have some conventional vehicles but his all-star would be his Taser that can electrocute other drivers.
  8. Raikou. Fans know Raikou from the Otogi series. He would behave similarly to how the Shogun character plays in Transformed. His all-star would be his staff swinging around the vehicle, taking out anyone near it.
  9. Kazuma Kiryu. He is from the Yakuza series and along with Ethan Thomas, brings some much need grit to the series. He would drive vehicles inspired by Japanese car developers and his all-star attack and mannerisms would be inspired by the Yakuza.
  10. Toejam and Earl. Such an obvious choice. The alien hip-hop duo would drive a low rider, and fly and sail in their spaceship from their first game. Their all-star would be a big sub woofer whose sound waves spin out any drivers around them. A quick suggestion, the jars from the second Toejam and Earl games should be a weapon you could pick up.
  11. Sonic Heroes. The first of the combination teams inspired by the Team Fortress character in Transformed. The Sonic Heroes team would be Amy Rose, Cream the Rabbit and Big the Cat driving a car, helicopter and fishing boat respectively. All-Star would be Amy, Cream or Big throwing out their hammer, Chao, or fishing lure respectively.
  12. Knuckles Chaotix. The next combination team, this would comprise of Espio the Chameleon, Charmy Bee and Vector the Crocodile in a motorcycle, helicopter and raft respectively. The all-star would be them playing their instruments, similar to their Team Blast attack from the game Sonic Heroes.
  13. Virtua Fighters. This combination team would comprise of Akira, Jacky and Kage in a speedboat, sports car and plane respectively. The all-star will be a speed boost with one of the other characters jumping forward and attacking another vehicle.
  14. Fighting Vipers. This combination team from the Sega Saturn title Fighting Vipers would be Grace, Raxel, and Bahn in a car, plane and boat respectively. Their all-star would summon Kumachan, who would stomp around the track, taking out any car in front of it.
  15. Eternal Champions. From the Genesis classic, this team would be Shadow, Trident, and Midnight in a black sleek car, a ski jet, and 60s style helicopter respectively. Their All-Star would summon Xavier and he’ll cast homing confusion spells on cars that mess with their driving controls.
  16. Altered Beast. The two characters from the game would work together in vehicles inspired by Greek and Rome culture. Their all-star will change with where they are. If a car, they’ll transform into wolves and one of the characters will dash forward into cars. If flying, they’ll transform into dragons and electrocute any car near them. If on water, they’ll transform into bears and freeze cars in front of them.
  17. Golden Axes. Replacing Gilius, the game will have all three characters from the first game. Ax Battler will drive the car, Gilius will drive the boat and Tyris will fly the plane. The all-star will be a magic attack that varies depending on which character you are.
  18. Streets of Rages. From the classic Genesis trilogy, Axel will drive a sports car, Blaze will ride a speedboat and Skate will pilot a jet. Their all-star would be summoning the police who will rain napalm on the track.
  19. AGES 2. This combination team will have you controlling a chuchu from ChuChu Rocket on land, a flicky from the games Flicky and Sonic 3D Blast in the sky and Ecco the Dolphin in the water. The all-star will transform you into the guy from Space Harrier and you can fly around and shoot the other drivers.

Alright. Those are my suggestions. What would you like to see in the next Sega All-Stars Racing game? Leave a comment below and give me your ideas!

#1 Edited by egg (1450 posts) -

I was going to say Silver the Hedgehog, but you already did. ^_^

#2 Posted by ReverendHunt (320 posts) -

I would kill for Sega to acknowledge Psycho Fox again.

#3 Posted by Yummylee (21295 posts) -

Oof, your lists could do with some better formatting me thinks... Though this is a 9 month old blog so, who knows if this user is even still around. But anywhoo I came in expecting Kazuma Kiryu and was not disappointed. Also, an actual Burning Ranger character instead of just a stage would be nice.

#4 Posted by Pessh (2454 posts) -

Welkin and the Edelweiss/ Chu Chu Rocket

#5 Posted by mosespippy (4050 posts) -

Not a single Valkyria Chronicles character in the list. You must work for Sega.

#6 Posted by csl316 (8172 posts) -

Ok, yes, give me Axel and Blaze in a kart racer. Just give me Axel and Blaze ANYWHERE.

Transformed was a hell of a game, and this is a neat way for Sega to do its own Smash Bros. mix thing.

#7 Posted by Yummylee (21295 posts) -
@csl316 said:

Ok, yes, give me Axel and Blaze in a kart racer. Just give me Axel and Blaze ANYWHERE.

Transformed was a hell of a game, and this is a neat way for Sega to do its own Smash Bros. mix thing.

Yeeeeup. I think it speaks to how great a game it is when, despite lacking much in the way of nostalgia for a lot of the characters and stages in it, I still loved my time with it all the same and will still pop it back in here and there.

#8 Posted by csl316 (8172 posts) -

@yummylee: When I was into this game, I was really, really into it. I always say, best kart racer since Crash Team Racing. The controls, the track design, the interesting Diddy Kong Racing twists it added, the music... My buddy said the first game was good and I laughed. But I saw a video of this one and I'm so glad I took the plunge.

And yes, I only had nostalgia for a couple characters but it was just enough.

#9 Posted by MightyDuck (1509 posts) -

@csl316 said:

This is exactly why I came into this thread. Well said! I really need to give Sonic and Sega All Stars Transformed a shot. It's been one of those games I've put off and meant to pick up eventually.

#10 Posted by Solh0und (1759 posts) -

What about Nei from Phantasy Star II?

#11 Posted by Timing (619 posts) -

I'd be happy if they'd just bring back this guy from Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.