Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sonic and the Black Knight

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 10, 2009

The titular hedgehog traverses through another ancient tale, this time in a sword-clashing adventure set in the legend of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table.

IGN reviews Sonic, gives 3.9

• 57 results
    Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By Mushir

I bet I could make a better game if I knew how to develop games. Making a good Sonic game is not hard. The Sonic team is totally fucked up and always ads a meaningless twist to their games. Why the fuck does Sonic need a sword!?!?

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#52  Edited By Red

What? A Sonic game using clunky waggle combat and no speed got a 3.9 from IGN?

Whoulda thunk it?
    KingOfIceland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#53  Edited By KingOfIceland
    Twilight said:
    "I bet I could make a better game if I knew how to develop games. Making a good Sonic game is not hard. The Sonic team is totally fucked up and always ads a meaningless twist to their games. Why the fuck does Sonic need a sword!?!?"
    If I can recall correctly there was an interview with the head dude of making Sonic games (god I hate referencing stuff I can't find) where he said that he feel the core Sonic gameplay (running from A to B) isn't enough to warrant a whole $60 game so they have to add more to the game like........ garbage story and broken, meaningless gameplay.

I have never had any interest in Sonic or his games (I'm more of a Mario man) but it's just sad to see people still think that there's hope for the series, or even worse think that the series is doing fine. I've lost count of how many threads there have been for each new, terrible, Sonic release where people are either going "Man allt hey need to do is make a old-skool Sonic game and everything is going to be alright" or "Durr new sonic good reveivers cant play it rite so they wrong DURR".

Let's face it, the best they can do with that franchise is do that 2d XBLA/PSN/WiiWare shit everyones been hoping for since the Dreamcast died, and even if they refrain from filling it with unnecesary gameplay aditions and sub-par 90210 drama bullshit it's not going to be an amazing, groundbraking game-changer, it's at best a 3, maybe 4, star game at best. IS that really what you want?
    8xBiT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By 8xBiT

Wow, this game just looks so bad. Really hoping for a Quick Look, the ones for the bad games are the best!

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By Al3xand3r

Actually, even according to the review which everyone trusts (but ignores all the decent ranking ones) it at least looks pretty awesome.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By iamjohn

WHAT A SURPRISE!  SEGA MADE ANOTHER TERRIBLE SONIC GAME!!!

And of course, I'll still buy it because I'm a shell of a human being and own every single Sonic game despite the last one I really loved being Sonic Adventure. :(
    AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#57  Edited By AndrewGaspar

Sweet. A Sonic game has finally scored low enough to be BELOW average for a Sonic game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.