Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sonic Colors

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 12, 2010

Sonic Colors sees the Blue Blur boldly going to space in a 2D/3D hybrid platformer featuring power-ups, large stages, and some of the fastest speeds in the Sonic series.

This game is reviewing great, anyone surprised?

• 59 results
    drac96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#51  Edited By drac96

The GameTrailers review made it sound pretty bad, which I believed due to Sonic's track record in the past few years. Maybe I'll actually give this game a shot.

Hand_banana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By Hand_banana
    @RockmanBionics: At least it looks really cool.
    Avatar image for deactivated-6442941ed320c
    deactivated-6442941ed320c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

First overly bad review I've seen. From Destructoid

The Wisp idea is pretty cute and remains fun throughout and there are a smattering of well crafted stages, but the rest of the game provides absolutely nothing you didn't already play in Sonic Unleashed or any other 3D Sonic game released in the past ten years. The problems are exactly the same, and shoddy levels are just as bad as always, and death-by-pitfall is in as much abundance as ever.    

I picked up the game earlier today and have to admit, I've been enjoying it quite a bit. What I would agree with in this review is that the earlier levels seem to be better. I'm on the third location and the first few levels seemed to be a bit more enjoyable, but not by a lot. The graphics, music, and level design have been very enjoyable so far. There have been challenges - I'd say the yellow spring on Starlight was pushing it a bit, but it teaches you to be patient and not to rush into things. Platforming in 2D seems fine, although some tweaks to wall jumping would be rather nice, but that isn't going to happen so there you go! 

I also quite like the dialogue. It's nice and cheery and Saturday morning fun. Nice to have a plot that isn't zomg stop nuclear war or some such nonsense.
    Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By WinterSnowblind

I've only played a little (of the Wii version) and I would say that it's easily the best Sonic game in a very long time and is definitely more worthy of the title 'Sonic 4' than that download thing they released few weeks back.
    But it's still not particularly good.  Level design is still too fast paced, too many boost pads, to many random falls to your death, too many areas where you're required to use the silly power ups and too many straight up running segments where you have very little control.

If you're a big Sonic fan or below the age of 14, you should enjoy it.
    But it certainly doesn't redeem the series.

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#55  Edited By WickedCestus

I have no idea what it is, but I've passed up on better games so I'll pass on this one too.

drewtwo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By drewtwo99

I have played this game for a few hours so far, and honestly I have to say it's one of my favorite Wii games of the year so far. Now, I do admit that it is a blatant rip off of Mario Galaxy, but it's fun. And it has it's own sonic flavor. I'm a huge classic sonic fan, and played some of the GBA and DS games, but never played adventure 1 or 2 or any of the new 3d games since. Just never could get into them very well. But this game really has sucked me in and I'm loving it... so to anyone who has given up on sonic (like I had done), I strongly recommend this game. It's not perfect, and it's not the best platformer I've ever played, but there have definitely been some "wow!" moments in there that have made me really glad I got it. 

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#57  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

I like how Sonic has fucked up for so long that no one will even touch the good one.  Take things game by game guys and don't get personal about it.

ashogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#58  Edited By ashogo

From what I've seen of the quicklook it looks like a lot of fun. Unfortunately, I'm sure plenty of people will dismiss it as being "just a sonic game", especially those on this site who think it's the cool thing to do. Not that Sonic hasn't earned all the ridicule lately, but this seems like a genuinely good game that people should give a chance. Sure it'll sell like hotcakes either way.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#59  Edited By jacdg

No, I think it looks pretty great.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.