IGN review up

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by supermonkey122 (871 posts) -

They gave it an 8.5. It looks pretty good.

#2 Posted by BeachThunder (12390 posts) -

Please can we not make threads specifically for IGN reviews. If you want to make a review thread, make a general review thread.

#3 Posted by Redbullet685 (6082 posts) -

@BeachThunder said:

Please can we not make threads specifically for IGN reviews. If you want to make a review thread, make a general review thread.

This. Also, I saw this review at least 2 days ago.

#4 Posted by bartok (2581 posts) -

Did they actually play the game or was this the score that came out of a random generator?

#5 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

They also gave Sonic 4 an 8, and that game was a travesty.

#6 Posted by supermonkey122 (871 posts) -

@BeachThunder said:

sorry

#7 Posted by Andorski (5365 posts) -

@bartok said:

Did they actually play the game or was this the score that came out of a random generator?

To make up for the review on PixelJunk Sidescroller, they had two people do this review.

#8 Posted by amomjc (977 posts) -

Makes me happy, Sonic Generations is going to be a blast.

#9 Edited by CptBedlam (4457 posts) -

@Redbullet685 said:

@BeachThunder said:

This. Also, I saw this review at least 2 days ago.

Yep, these threads are fucking annoying. It's baffling that there are still people who haven't realized yet how shitty IGN and their reviews are.

It's IGN, it's an exclusive review (like with almost every game now because no one cares for the shady exlusive review model anymore but IGN and a few print magazines) ... everyone who takes that shit seriously is an idiot.

#10 Posted by Soap (3639 posts) -

Sonic is dead.

#11 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

It looks really good, I enjoyed the demo, but I'll get it next year due to money constraints. Sonic is getting good again, Sonic Colours was really good too, so I hope he is coming back.

Sega does what Nintendo don't!

#12 Posted by CptBedlam (4457 posts) -

And what a coincidence ... 8.5 ... a minimum score that many publishers demand for giving exclusive reviews or allowing reviews to go online before an embargo ends.

#13 Posted by Deusx (1910 posts) -

I don't trust IGN but I hope this game is actually good. Sonic games are not the same as they were before. Let's hope this is the return of the sonic we know and love.

#14 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

I have to imagine that's an 8.5 on the "when compared to every other Sonic game released over the past decade" scale.

#15 Posted by GunstarRed (5448 posts) -

I've been reading a bunch of boards where people have been playing the game early and other than coming to the conclusion that hardcore Sonic fans are completely fucking nuts ("His spin dash physics are all wrong...BROKEN") The game really does sound like a love letter to Sonic just like the IGN review says.

I loved the demo both classic and modern feel spot on, I'm more excited for this game than ever. Some of the musical remixes of old tunes are up on youtube also and they all sound spot on. The fancy hub world, the look, the level choices and the fact that Colours was great give me a ton of hope for the game.

#16 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Not even a link to the review in the post? Lazy...

#17 Posted by Hypertreb (101 posts) -

It sounds like the guy really wants to hate it. Still really looking forward to the game.

#18 Posted by James_ex_machina (899 posts) -
@Redbullet685 How else are the IGN haters going to know IGNs latest move?
#19 Posted by Sweep (8973 posts) -

Unless you have something to contribute to the fact, this thread is kinda pointless. I'm sure if people wanted to know the IGN score, they would go to IGN.

Furthermore, the discussion that has stemmed from this information is clearly not productive and, as a result, this thread is being locked.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.