How's This Game Compared To Sonic Adventure 1 and 2

#1 Posted by gunswordfist (576 posts) -
#2 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Worse. I found the switiching of characters to make the game cumbersome.

#3 Posted by KiddSushi (95 posts) -

Worse than Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, but better than Sonic the Hedgehog on 360 and PS3.

#4 Posted by DXSSI (266 posts) -

I consider it slightly worse, but also the next best game after Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 in the series in the platformer genre since Sonic Adventure.  That make sense?  Good.

Yeah, switching characters slows things down a bit but once you get the hang of it, it isn't so bad.  It's kind of fun to play as a team of characters; the biggest issues I had was how same-y all the characters became due to the team system, having to play through essentially the same levels multiple times (they're not identical, but they start to feel familiar), the game has the old fall-through-the-floor glitch that you may have encountered in Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2, plus...

Minor spoiler: One of the team's endings explains some of the events of Sonic Adventure 2 in a way that is totally baffling, changes the way you'll think about a certain character and is a cliffhanger which has never been resolved (and probably never will be.)

Complete version of spoiler: Rouge and Omega stumble into a room filled with hundreds of containment chambers holding Shadow lookalikes in stasis. Rouge and Omega confirm to each other that the Shadow they have been working with is a robot, and are only surprised to learn that they both knew about it already (Shadow himself (itself?) remains unaware of this development and it is never revealed if he himself (it itself?) knows that he (it?) is a robot.) They believe that the original Shadow the Hedgehog still exists somewhere, but this plotline remains unresolved to this day, and can probably be considered retconned.

Anyways, if you liked Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 well enough, I think you'll still enjoy this one, and plus you can probably pick it up for a pretty low price. 

#5 Posted by gunswordfist (576 posts) -
DXSSI said:
"I consider it slightly worse, but also the next best game after Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 in the series in the platformer genre since Sonic Adventure.  That make sense?  Good.

Yeah, switching characters slows things down a bit but once you get the hang of it, it isn't so bad.  It's kind of fun to play as a team of characters; the biggest issues I had was how same-y all the characters became due to the team system, having to play through essentially the same levels multiple times (they're not identical, but they start to feel familiar), the game has the old fall-through-the-floor glitch that you may have encountered in Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2, plus...

Minor spoiler: One of the team's endings explains some of the events of Sonic Adventure 2 in a way that is totally baffling, changes the way you'll think about a certain character and is a cliffhanger which has never been resolved (and probably never will be.)

Complete version of spoiler: Rouge and Omega stumble into a room filled with hundreds of containment chambers holding Shadow lookalikes in stasis. Rouge and Omega confirm to each other that the Shadow they have been working with is a robot, and are only surprised to learn that they both knew about it already (Shadow himself (itself?) remains unaware of this development and it is never revealed if he himself (it itself?) knows that he (it?) is a robot.) They believe that the original Shadow the Hedgehog still exists somewhere, but this plotline remains unresolved to this day, and can probably be considered retconned.

Anyways, if you liked Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 well enough, I think you'll still enjoy this one, and plus you can probably pick it up for a pretty low price. "

Oh I already own Sonic Heroes and have since last year but thanks for telling me how it compares to Sonic Adventure 1 and 2. I personally don't care for the teams that don't have Sonic on them. They should have just had Sonic, Knuckles and Tails and a game with twice as many levels and polish.
#6 Posted by Shadow (4988 posts) -

Sonic Adventure 2 battle was too awesome to be topped by that crappy game.

#7 Posted by gunswordfist (576 posts) -
Shadow said:
"Sonic Adventure 2 battle was too awesome to be topped by that crappy game."
That's harsh.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.