Does this game still hold up?

#1 Posted by RE_Player1 (7526 posts) -

I'm getting my brother a couple of DS games for Christmas, his DS has been collecting dust so I want him to play it a bit more and not feel like he wasted his money. I already got GTA Chinatown Wars for a $20 which I know is good from Jeff's review, among many others, but I also saw this game for $15. I looked it up and although it has a good score on metacritic, I believe 82, this game did come out in 2005 so maybe it didn't age well. Did anyone play this game and if so does it hold up today? 

#2 Posted by Stete (748 posts) -

If you exclude the horrible HORRIBLE music then I would say not bad for 15 bucks. Its a pretty decent 2D sonic game, if he liked the Sonic Advance games then he'll probably like this one. But if you want the best platformers for the system then I would suggest the Kirby games.

#3 Posted by 02sfraser (847 posts) -

I thought it was great. As true to old Sonic as any recent game has ever come. Has some great moments of it's own as well.

#4 Posted by Torrim (345 posts) -

The soundtrack was amazing, actually. 

Yeah, it holds up pretty well.

#5 Posted by MattyFTM (14431 posts) -

If you like 2D sonic games, you'll like Sonic Rush.

#6 Posted by jmic75 (265 posts) -

It was ok.....I never finished it though....I guess it depends if he likes sonic games. I don't think its aged poorly, still holds up.

#7 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5390 posts) -

I thought people loved it when it came out. 
I don't see how a game like that could age just because of the type of game it is.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.