about sonic & sega all star racing...

#1 Posted by zanacon99 (19 posts) -

*sigh* im half and half with this game, i like it....and i don't like it, i hate the title for starters, from the looks of it, it seems they couldn't decide whether to have just sonic characters or nothing but sega characters, i don't know why they call it "SONIC & sega all star", just sega all star should be fine, like "sega all star tennis" *shivers*, a-anyway what im trying to say is, if they just had one OR the other, it would be much better, instead of having some of one and a lot of the other, the lack of sonic characters makes you think "whats the point of putting them in the game in the first place?" thats what i thought. 

in short, this is what they should of done:- 
Sega All Star Racing (just sega characters in, no sonic) 
Sonic Racing/speed racers etc (only sonic characters) 
if that happened it would be much better than having barely any sonic characters, and a bunch sega characters i couldn't care less about (well maybe Billy) 
thats the only gripe i have with this game, just thought i should share 

PS, i heard they included metal sonic in download content, well at least its not another sega character (we got enough of them), metal sonic's quite cool, but im waiting for Silver, hope they consider it. 
#2 Posted by ajamafalous (12058 posts) -

Sonic's name is attached because he's their main draw.

Also, thinking about Sonic Racing, a perceived sequel to Sonic R, made me all giddy.

#3 Posted by SteamPunkJin (1286 posts) -

Try out the Xbox's title "Sonic and Sega All Star Racing Featuring Banjo-Kazooie" .
Personally I like the mix even if it's a bit Sonic heavy, I like the silly nods to past games in the achievements,and  I LOVE ALEX KIDD! (seriously where's my XBLA port guys?) 
Most of the 'All Stars' rely a lot on nostalgia and if you're too young to know the games they obviously won't mean anything to you - I think the most contemporary people they have are Shenmue and Billy D, two franchises from a dead console. 

The characters really don't matter at the end of the day, it's just a really solid kart racer that's a lot of fun to play.

#4 Posted by MrJared (398 posts) -

Funny, my problem with it is that it had TOO many Sonic characters ... like, one too many ;)

#5 Posted by LordAndrew (14430 posts) -

There's a severe lack of good Sega characters in the game. Where's Alex Kidd's long-lost father? Probably still chilling out on planet Paperock because he doesn't want to be anywhere near Sonic.

#6 Posted by zanacon99 (19 posts) -
@MrJared:

so in other words you were expecting just sonic, tails and knuckles?
#7 Posted by zanacon99 (19 posts) -
@LordAndrew:
in a way i agree with you, i actually reconize most of them, the one i would want would be dynamite headdy (played it all the time when i was young) but its uncommon so i kinda knew he wouldn't be in it, but i can at least hope :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.