Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 07, 2010

A Sonic Team and Dimps co-production, Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I is the first part of the next numeric chapter (though really the twenty-sixth entry) in the adventures of Sega's longtime mascot.

I'm so glad team sonic not making this game

rockenhard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By rockenhard

In this day and age, they couldn't make a good sonic game if they're life depended on it.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By jakob187

Yeah, I think it's funny that so many people are shitting on the idea of Sonic 4 without realizing that one of the same companies that helped bring us the resurgence of Street Fighter in SFIV and SSFIV is behind this game.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Karl_Boss

Yeah screw Team Sonic.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Skald

Making a classic Sonic game still seems like a step back to me. They should make a good, modern Sonic game, like what Mario Galaxy is to Mario.

rockenhard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By rockenhard

Yeah but they already tried that, and we know how that turned out.

Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Whisperkill

I'm so glad I don't care about Sonic anymore

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Ineedaname
    @Whisperkill said:
    " I'm so glad I don't care about Sonic anymore "
    Why?!
    He's sat at home worrying about you and this is what he gets?

You can't fault them for trying to keep it fresh the first time, it's just a shame their ideas all suck.
    Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Willy105

Dimps is making it, so it's going to make a good game. 

Problem is, Dimps is making it, so the old-school Sonic fans will hate it for not being slow enough.

sickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By sickVisionz
    @rockenhard:   I totally agree.  Sonic Team made the worst 2D Sonic games such as Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic CD, Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles.  The last thing I'd want is for a 2D Sonic game to be on the same quality level as those.
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By iamjohn
    @sickVisionz said:
    " @rockenhard:   I totally agree.  Sonic Team made the worst 2D Sonic games such as Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic CD, Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles.  The last thing I'd want is for a 2D Sonic game to be on the same quality level as those. "
    I see what you did there.
    Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    @Willy105 said:

" Dimps is making it, so it's going to make a good game.   Problem is, Dimps is making it, so the old-school Sonic fans will hate it for not being slow enough. "

Dimps haven't made a good game since Sonic Advance 1, in my opinion they're a lot worse than Sonic Team.
    But for the record, it's a combination of both developers making the game, perhaps together they'll be able to form something half decent.

But going by the leaks from people who've already played through it..  No they have not.
     For 400 points, I'm sure it'll at least be playable, but this is not Sonic 4.  Calling it that will be the biggest downfall of the game, mark my words.
    Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Willy105
    @WinterSnowblind said:
    " @Willy105 said:

" Dimps is making it, so it's going to make a good game.   Problem is, Dimps is making it, so the old-school Sonic fans will hate it for not being slow enough. "

Dimps haven't made a good game since Sonic Advance 1, in my opinion they're a lot worse than Sonic Team.
    But for the record, it's a combination of both developers making the game, perhaps together they'll be able to form something half decent.

But going by the leaks from people who've already played through it..  No they have not.
     For 400 points, I'm sure it'll at least be playable, but this is not Sonic 4.  Calling it that will be the biggest downfall of the game, mark my words. "
    Well, you proved me right.

The Advance series, and the first Rush (I haven't played Rush Adventure) are fantastic games from my end.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By ryanwho
    @jakob187 said:
    " Yeah, I think it's funny that so many people are shitting on the idea of Sonic 4 without realizing that one of the same companies that helped bring us the resurgence of Street Fighter in SFIV and SSFIV is behind this game. "
    SF2 was actually a good game. The reality of Sonic is clouded in nostalgia. Even the best Sonic game is still a Sonic game.
    dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By dbz1995
    @ryanwho said:
    " @jakob187 said:
    " Yeah, I think it's funny that so many people are shitting on the idea of Sonic 4 without realizing that one of the same companies that helped bring us the resurgence of Street Fighter in SFIV and SSFIV is behind this game. "
    SF2 was actually a good game. The reality of Sonic is clouded in nostalgia. Even the best Sonic game is still a Sonic game. "
    I'm sorry, but Sonic the Hedgehog 2 is still a fantastic game-no nostalgia cloud for me, as I played it only a few days ago and it is still great.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.