Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sonic the Hedgehog

Character » appears in 177 games

Sonic the Hedgehog is one of the world's most famous video game characters and the mascot of Sega Enterprises Ltd. Sonic was introduced on June 23 1991 with the launch of Sonic the Hedgehog for the Sega Genesis. His super speed makes him one of the fastest fictional characters.

Ever had some inexplicable adoration for a video game character?

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By rjayb89

I don't know how it started, but my niece seems to have some insane obsession with, guess who, Sonic the Hedgehog. Oh, and it doesn't stop there. She's always talking about some dude with a gun called Shadow, some shitty dude named Silver, and whatever that pink one is.

It's fucking annoying.

As you might imagine, my niece loves to play games, more of a collector really as she never really goes beyond a level she might deem difficult or complex then drops it for another. I'm not surprised that she lucked into finding a game that featured Sonic, but her constant praise of the blue guy is seriously annoying.

"Sonic is the fastest in the whole world."

Fastest what? Prickly piece of shit? Yo, fuck that shit. I seriously don't want to hear that. Or hear her say that "Sonic is better than Mario." There are so many things I think are so wrong about that statement, especially now with how things are going for either franchise. I'll admit that, yes, I grew up alongside a NES and SNES, albeit very shortly, and the only I played a pre-Sega Dreamcast console was at my dentist's office to enjoy the likes of the very first Sonic the Hedgehog game.

Did you fucking watch that? Forget it, don't even watch that shit. I caught my niece watching that video and later heard her singing her own interpretation of the song used in that video that resembled the words "rooma rooma." Obviously, my niece was completely enraptured the amazing animations Shadow and Sonic displayed in that video.

Anyway, that was a rhetorical question up there. Seriously, fuck that shit. Hopefully it goes away soon.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#2  Edited By Icemael
    @rjayb89 said:

Fastest what? Prickly piece of shit? Yo, fuck that shit.

Tell her this the next time she talks about Sonic.
    Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Ghostiet

Show her Sonichu.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By rjayb89

@Ghostiet said:

Show her Sonichu.

Okay, that's pretty stupid-hilarious. I approve of Sonichu.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By AndrewB

AND he's got an attitude. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.