Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sonic the Hedgehog

Character » appears in 177 games

Sonic the Hedgehog is one of the world's most famous video game characters and the mascot of Sega Enterprises Ltd. Sonic was introduced on June 23 1991 with the launch of Sonic the Hedgehog for the Sega Genesis. His super speed makes him one of the fastest fictional characters.

Games of My Life - Sonic Adventure DX

CrashRHCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

Edited By CrashRHCP

Hi and welcome to another "Games Of My Life" episode

Today i'll talk about Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut

I still remember when my dad gave me this game. I actually said: "Sonic? I'm too old for that!" even though i had only 12 years old.Truth be told, i didn't even played a Sonic game before, and the only thing about sonic i knew was that cartoon show "Sonic Underground" wich i saw somethimes when i was little.

Yet, my dad instaled it and i played it... for months. To my suprise the game was completely adicitive and sometimes even hard. With six difrent characters with difrent gameplays and stories that conected with each other to reveal the secret about Tikal and Chaos.

Many may say it's just a simple remake of the Dreamcast original, but it is not, with the addition of the game gear games ( wich let me play the originals for the first time) and the mission mode, it has more gameplay hours than the Dreamcast counter-part.

Although I didn't spent hours with my friends playing this game, i do have memories of playing this game alone and trying to solve it's puzzles, like how to gain acess to the last level of the Sonic story or how t go to the second level of Tails story. And of course, the last level, with the epic battle between Perfect Chaos and Super Sonic.

And this is why i chose Sonic Adventure DX as one of the games of my life.

CrashRHCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By CrashRHCP

Hi and welcome to another "Games Of My Life" episode

Today i'll talk about Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut

I still remember when my dad gave me this game. I actually said: "Sonic? I'm too old for that!" even though i had only 12 years old.Truth be told, i didn't even played a Sonic game before, and the only thing about sonic i knew was that cartoon show "Sonic Underground" wich i saw somethimes when i was little.

Yet, my dad instaled it and i played it... for months. To my suprise the game was completely adicitive and sometimes even hard. With six difrent characters with difrent gameplays and stories that conected with each other to reveal the secret about Tikal and Chaos.

Many may say it's just a simple remake of the Dreamcast original, but it is not, with the addition of the game gear games ( wich let me play the originals for the first time) and the mission mode, it has more gameplay hours than the Dreamcast counter-part.

Although I didn't spent hours with my friends playing this game, i do have memories of playing this game alone and trying to solve it's puzzles, like how to gain acess to the last level of the Sonic story or how t go to the second level of Tails story. And of course, the last level, with the epic battle between Perfect Chaos and Super Sonic.

And this is why i chose Sonic Adventure DX as one of the games of my life.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Posting about how much you liked a 3D Sonic game probably won't make you many friends around these parts...Just sayin'. 

CrashRHCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By CrashRHCP

Lol, I actually like a couple of 3D Sonic games... I don't think there's nothing wrong with that, i like the 2D too.  It's just that this Sonic had a bigger impact in my life because it was the first, and it had 2D games included too.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    @MooseyMcMan said:
    " Posting about how much you liked a 3D Sonic game probably won't make you many friends around these parts...Just sayin'.  "
    Sonic Adventure was the last good Sonic game and is the perfect example of how Sonic games CAN work in 3D, if they'd simply follow the same formula.  We don't need werehogs, we don't need pointless running sections..  just good platforming and some exploration segments.  It really boggles my mind how every other 3D Sonic game has missed the mark so badly.
    Avatar image for christiancastillo
    ChristianCastillo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By ChristianCastillo

Nice post, I liked this game as well but it really wasn't that influential in my childhood.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

I'd say Sonic Adventure and Adventure 2 were the last good 3d Sonic games before Colors apparently but Shadow and 06 made everyone retroactively hate those games.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    @SethPhotopoulos: Colours is a step in the right direction but has a lot of flaws and is still far from what I'd consider a good game.  It's at least OK.
    Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @WinterSnowblind said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos: Colours is a step in the right direction but has a lot of flaws and is still far from what I'd consider a good game.  It's at least OK. "
    Form what I've heard and read in reviews it seems pretty good.
    Akrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Akrid

I have fond memories of Sonic Adventure 2: Battle.

Dingofighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Dingofighter

I remember playing Sonic Adventure a lot when I was younger, though I accidentally fell on the Dreamcast, don't ask me how that happened, and scratched up the disc so I couldn't play it anymore. 
    When I later got Sonic Adventure DX for Gamecube, I played that a lot aswell, maybe even more than the original.  
    So I guess I really like that game, and don't you try and tell me it was bad. You hear me internet!? I will not listen to you!  
    Though it seems you people seem to say unusually good things about it, considering it's a 3D Sonic game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.