Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sonic the Hedgehog

Character » appears in 177 games

Sonic the Hedgehog is one of the world's most famous video game characters and the mascot of Sega Enterprises Ltd. Sonic was introduced on June 23 1991 with the launch of Sonic the Hedgehog for the Sega Genesis. His super speed makes him one of the fastest fictional characters.

How Sonic is like Metallica.

TepidShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

Edited By TepidShark

For different people there are differing times when they lost interest in the Sonic series. For some people (including some of the Giant Bomb guys) the last good Sonic was Sonic 2, for others it was Sonic 3 & Knuckles, & for some it ended with Sonic Adventure.

This is not unlike people's opinion of Metallica. For some the last good Metallica album was Master of Puppets, for others it was And Justice for All, & for some people it ended with The Black Album.

It is a very similar dynamic.

TepidShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By TepidShark

For different people there are differing times when they lost interest in the Sonic series. For some people (including some of the Giant Bomb guys) the last good Sonic was Sonic 2, for others it was Sonic 3 & Knuckles, & for some it ended with Sonic Adventure.

This is not unlike people's opinion of Metallica. For some the last good Metallica album was Master of Puppets, for others it was And Justice for All, & for some people it ended with The Black Album.

It is a very similar dynamic.

No0b0rAmA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By No0b0rAmA

Untrue, I still love Metallica, and personally, I thought Death Magnetic was pretty good, maybe not to the degree of Master of Puppets, but still good either way. But Sonic ended with Sonic 3.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I feel it's a bit of a lose connection, you can make this comparison between just about any two things that changed the style in which they did things.

Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By Tordah

This blog speaks the truth.

wwfundertaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 25

#5  Edited By wwfundertaker

I love Metallica and hate Sonic.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @TepidShark said:
    " For different people there are differing times when they lost interest in the Sonic series. For some people (including some of the Giant Bomb guys) the last good Sonic was Sonic 2, for others it was Sonic 3 & Knuckles, & for some it ended with Sonic Adventure. This is not unlike people's opinion of Metallica. For some the last good Metallica album was Master of Puppets, for others it was And Justice for All, & for some people it ended with The Black Album.  It is a very similar dynamic. "
    umm.. i guess that makes sense 
    i like the way u think 

Metallica always rocked though.. even when they played Aint My Bitch. they fucking rocked and you know it :)
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By iamjohn
    zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By zityz

Sonic CD was the last great one. 

Sonic 3 was only really good when it was sonic 3&knuckles due to the fact it was the actual full game. 

Some of the GBA ones were...ok.  I haven't played a console 3d sonic game where the concept was cool but they fucked it up somehow.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.