Sonic makes the Guinness Book of Records

#1 Posted by GMan (471 posts) -

Check out this story I read on a really cool site.

I didn't even know they made a gamer's edition

Comic Vine Rules!

#2 Posted by solidskorpion (34 posts) -

Fun fact! thx~

#3 Posted by mr_muffins (20 posts) -

:O

#4 Posted by RobKenno (99 posts) -

This is a really interesting book got it a while back, only really had the dead main stream games though

#5 Posted by DarkLegend (1387 posts) -

Yeah, he really should.

#6 Posted by CapnCloudchaser (77 posts) -

Interesting book.

But on the article itself, that's pretty cool, but I've never even read an Archie comic. I miss the Sonic Fleetway comic so much :(

#7 Posted by TwoOneFive (9461 posts) -

they pretty much won by default. 


#8 Posted by FullMetal_Mac (90 posts) -

That's pretty good for Sonic congrats to him.

#9 Posted by crunchUK (5963 posts) -

:O i so want that book

#10 Posted by tmontana1004 (376 posts) -
#11 Posted by TwoOneFive (9461 posts) -

the game didn't get a record though, just the comic

#12 Posted by LordAndrew (13982 posts) -
TwoOneFive said:
"the game didn't get a record though, just the comic"
The comic stars the character. And this is the forum for the character, so it's totally relevant.
#13 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -
LordAndrew said:
"TwoOneFive said:
"the game didn't get a record though, just the comic"
The comic stars the character. And this is the forum for the character, so it's totally relevant."
Indeed. If there was no game, there would be no comic!
#14 Posted by MattyFTM (14243 posts) -

Yup. I own a copy of that book, and it's a really interesting read. There's some really interesting records.

Moderator
#15 Posted by Giantkitty (808 posts) -

Does anyone know who Sonic beat (the character that started as a video game and has a comic) ? I'm drawing a blank.

Also, should I submit him as a comic book character because he is in one, or not because he didn't start out as one?

#16 Posted by daniel_beck_90 (3159 posts) -

Oh my god !

#17 Posted by KingBroly (1645 posts) -

Does it mention how many shitty friends have not made the transition from the comics to the games and vice versa?  A yes means I'm picking this one up.

#18 Posted by LordAndrew (13982 posts) -
Giantkitty said:
"Does anyone know who Sonic beat (the character that started as a video game and has a comic) ? I'm drawing a blank.

Also, should I submit him as a comic book character because he is in one, or not because he didn't start out as one?"
Comic Book Character should probably be left for characters that originated from a comic. Identifying every video game character that's appeared in a comic or cartoon would be a task for the absolutely insane.
#19 Posted by Giantkitty (808 posts) -

>Comic Book Character should probably be left for characters that originated from a comic. Identifying every video game character >that's appeared in a comic or cartoon would be a task for the absolutely insane.

If I did do it, it'd only be for many appearances in a comic book, not a comic book one shots
Well I do have 130,000 points at Comicvine and more points than anyone else in "Cartoon Character" am I insane enough?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.