Why hasnt sega rereleased a HD remake of the first sonic games?

#1 Posted by niall077 (104 posts) -

sonic 1,2 and 3 redrawn and 1080p at 60 FPS  seems doable now

Im sure people on XBLA/PSN would buy it.

GET TO WORK SEGA

#2 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

Sega doesn't like to please their Sonic fans...they just like to piss the off by doing things like...turn Sonic into a "Werehedgehog" in Sonic Unleashed.

#3 Posted by CapnCloudchaser (77 posts) -

I really loved the bonus Green Hill stage in Sonic Adventure 2, where the stage starts off 2D and warps into a 3D stage.

I'm quite fond of the new Sonic Unleashed style for the day time stages. If Sega used that engine and re-designed it into all of the original Sonic the Hedgehog stages, I would be very happy!

#4 Edited by Daniel_Newton (1166 posts) -
niall077 said:
" sonic 1,2 and 3 redrawn and 1080p at 60 FPS  seems doable now

GET TO WORK SEGA
"
Umm... isn't Sonic the Hedgehog already on Xbox Live Arcade? And... isn't it on the Wii Virtual Console too?

Unless you all just mean a true redrawn 1080p version, in which case something like this would be cool:
Coolness

#5 Posted by Irishjohn (581 posts) -

I think niall077 means a true redrawn version.  Which as you point out, would be awesome.

#6 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

There is an HD remake being done by some Sonic Fan(s) I think, but I can't be sure...actually it's a fan remake of Sonic 2 and you can find some info here.

...who knows if they are still doing it or how long it would take...

#7 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -
Newten said:
"niall077 said:
" sonic 1,2 and 3 redrawn and 1080p at 60 FPS  seems doable now

GET TO WORK SEGA
"
Umm... isn't Sonic the Hedgehog already on Xbox Live Arcade? And... isn't it on the Wii Virtual Console too?

Unless you all just mean a true redrawn 1080p version, in which case something like this would be cool:
Coolness

"
A-m-a-z-i-n-g. Please make this happen.
#8 Posted by TheJollyRajah (1576 posts) -
niall077 said:
"

sonic 1,2 and 3 redrawn and 1080p at 60 FPS  seems doable now

GET TO WORK SEGA

"
I'd probably buy them if it ever happened. The only thing I'd fear is that they would use the "4kidz" Sonic and totally nerf it up.
#9 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

The screen that Newton post was from that HD remake of Sonic 2 that I mentioned.

#10 Posted by jarryd (256 posts) -

dude that is so awesome, id pay at least 10 for that game if it comes together properly

#11 Posted by BlazeHedgehog (1103 posts) -
Kush said:
"The screen that Newton post was from that HD remake of Sonic 2 that I mentioned."

Not quite. The screenshot is a wallpaper somebody made which inspired the project. There's a "tech demo" for the project coming next month.
#12 Posted by ZimpanX (420 posts) -

That is a very good question, it needs to happen.

#13 Posted by Clockswork (87 posts) -

Awesome, gonna plug in my Sega and prepare myself for September 15th! :D

#14 Posted by FLStyle (4923 posts) -

The Super and Hyper forms would look so good, I'm all for it!

#15 Posted by FullMetal_Mac (90 posts) -

Wow that's pretty good I wish Sega would hire these guys to help them out.

#16 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -

Why don't SEGA release Shenmue 3 either? Everyone wants these games but for some reason SEGA don't want to make them.

#17 Posted by Shotaro (820 posts) -

I honestly think that most gamers have given up on Sonic by now - which is a damn shame IMO. Sonic was way better than Mario back in the day.

#18 Posted by jakob187 (21762 posts) -
Why hasnt Sega rereleased a HD remake of the first sonic games?

Because Sega only makes shitty Sonic games now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.