Sonic Generations

#1 Edited by Contro (2040 posts) -

While some Sonic fans (yes, I hear they still exist) continue to hope for the arrival of  "Sonic Adventure 3" , it appears that Sega have something else planned, if we are to believe recent rumours. Indeed, the most persistent rumour speaks of a compilation of the very best levels in the series, from Sonic the Hedgehog on the Sega MegaDrivem to the Dreamcast's Sonic Adventure 2, all remastered to suit modern tastes. 

This domain name, "Sonic Generations.com", has been registered by a company called "EuroDNS", the very same company that filed the domain names of Sonic the Hedgehog 4 and Sonic Free Riders at the time.   

http://whois.domaintools.com/sonicgenerations.com  

#2 Posted by ReyGitano (2465 posts) -

Look, I liked Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 when they came out... but the only thing that even comes close to redeeming those games are the sonic levels and raising Chaos, but by today's standard's those things are both pretty substandard experiences. I went back and played through Sonic Adventure 2 this summer; it isn't the game I remember enjoying.

#3 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -

In my eyes, no level in the Adventure series should be included.     

#4 Posted by TooWalrus (12970 posts) -

Sonic Heroes was Sonic Adventure 3. Besides, Sonic the Hedgehog 2 is a 'best of' in itself. It was all downhill from there.

#5 Posted by bartok (2371 posts) -

I don't get the love for the Sonic Adventures franchise I thought they were horrible on the Dreamcast.  Just be happy that Sonic Colors is surprisingly decent and remember how awesome Sonic 2 was.

#6 Edited by Contro (2040 posts) -
#7 Posted by TooWalrus (12970 posts) -

If they do make a 'Sonic Adventure 3' I'll be so only in name. It'll be 'Sonic Adventure 3' in the same way that the XBLA Sonic game is 'Sonic the Hedgehog 4'.  

Sonic & Knuckles was Sonic the Hedgehog 4, and Sonic Heroes was Sonic Adventure 3.

#8 Posted by TheHBK (5407 posts) -

Sonic Adventure was good.  I enjoyed it.  Though the new characters were getting on my fucking nerves 
Big the Cat... what the fuck?  Who names these assholes? 
The Robot looking for his family 
Knuckles being suck a fucking retard 
And why did this game have a story?  Or a history to it?  Chaos was some kind of god?  Oh god, just let me play level six of sonic. 
Then Sonic Adventure 2... lets add another hedgehog, and give him guns.  Gay. 
They should do what we all deserve, have everyone but Robotnik and Sonic die.  Then sonic has to try to find the chaos emeralds.

#9 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -

I give up on Sonic, but hopefully it's good.

#10 Posted by Bocam (3538 posts) -

What ever happened to Sonic 4: Episode 2?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.