Sonic X dub

#1 Edited by Vigorousjammer (2472 posts) -

Sonic X dubs are... cool? since when?!
 
umm, I guess since now!
Me and a few of my friends have released this dub under the name Sage Dubs,  We just finished the first episode, and we're currently planning on doing them all.
check it out, and if you like it, please subscribe:
 


 
  

#2 Posted by Jadeskye (4366 posts) -

Sonic continues to be really weird. About time someone took him out back and put a bullet in his head.

#3 Posted by Willy105 (4688 posts) -
Sonic X is awesome. In Japan.
 
@jadeskye said:
" Sonic continues to be really weird. About time someone took him out back and put a bullet in his head. "
Why?
#4 Posted by Vigorousjammer (2472 posts) -
@Willy105 said:
" Sonic X is awesome. In Japan."
I agree... which is why we took the Japanese script and tried to adapt it into something good in English.
I believe we got a really good cast of voice actors, as well.  What did you think of the episode, if you watched it?
#5 Posted by RJPelonia (854 posts) -

I have to be somewhere in a little bit, so I only watched the first part for now. I'll get back to watching the rest later.
 
However, first impressions, I like it. I was never a fan of the abomination 4Kids spat out, so I'm all for a take on doing justice to the series. All the voice actors seem alright. Some varying recording quality issues, but nothing to ear-destroying. I'll go more in depth when I get back and watch the rest.

#6 Posted by Willy105 (4688 posts) -
@Vigorousjammer said:
" @Willy105 said:
" Sonic X is awesome. In Japan."
I agree... which is why we took the Japanese script and tried to adapt it into something good in English. I believe we got a really good cast of voice actors, as well.  What did you think of the episode, if you watched it? "
I thought it was pretty cool, although I could tell you guys had a hard tome putting the audio back together after you took it apart to erase the Japanese tracks, and some of the translation was kinda odd (move the rock?).
#7 Edited by Vigorousjammer (2472 posts) -
@Willy105 said:

" @Vigorousjammer said:

" @Willy105 said:

" Sonic X is awesome. In Japan."
I agree... which is why we took the Japanese script and tried to adapt it into something good in English. I believe we got a really good cast of voice actors, as well.  What did you think of the episode, if you watched it? "
I thought it was pretty cool, although I could tell you guys had a hard tome putting the audio back together after you took it apart to erase the Japanese tracks, and some of the translation was kinda odd (move the rock?). "
Yeah, that was definitely one of the biggest hurdles. The Japanese OST only has a handful of the tracks from the show, the rest remained unreleased, so we had to manually try and re-compose some of them, or find different tracks on the OST that fit.
 
I don't know where you're talking about with "move the rock"
The only rock I can think of is the one tails is about to crash into, and Amy says "avoid that rock"
It might just be mic quality issues, which I agree is a problem, and we will try to work on it in future episodes/projects.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.