Am I An Idiot If I Buy This For $2+Tax and S&H?

#1 Posted by JasonR86 (9659 posts) -

Cause I'm kind of interested in it. Like, you know how people can be interested in really bad movies? That's how I'm interested in this game. The thing is, I still have some nostalgic fondness for Sonic Adventure and, from what I've heard, this game is similar to that game and, honestly, that doesn't sound unbearable. Maybe bad but maybe entertainingly bad. Maybe? For those who have played it, am I a complete moron for being interested in this game for such a cheap price?

#2 Posted by yoshisaur (2708 posts) -

You're paying $2 and S&H...who cares? I'm sure you'll find at least that amount of fun out of pretty much anything.

#3 Edited by Animasta (14675 posts) -

no, sonic 2006 should not be played by anyone, not even for free

#4 Edited by JasonR86 (9659 posts) -

@Animasta said:

sonic adventure is not a bad game, no matter what jeff says. Not as good as the genesis ones, but it's definitely not bad. I had fun with it at least (SA2 was probably better though)

Have you played the Sonic game on Xbox 360 from 2007? That's the one that is $2.

EDIT: Oh, you changed your post. Never mind.

#5 Posted by tsiro (214 posts) -

$2 + S&H is basically $0 + $0. There are very few things that I wouldn't buy for that much.

#6 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -
@JasonR86: Don't do it. You should be payed before playing that game. Just go watch pokecapn's Let's Play if you are interested in that game.
#7 Edited by egg (1456 posts) -

Better not OP, you might end up liking it.

Is it really worth the risk?

#8 Posted by TobbRobb (4607 posts) -

I recommend playing/replaying Sonic 2 instead. Can't go wrong.

#9 Posted by egg (1456 posts) -

@SuperWristBands said:

@JasonR86: Don't do it. You should be payed before playing that game. Just go watch pokecapn's Let's Play if you are interested in that game.

watching =/= playing

#10 Posted by dragonaut (6 posts) -

I got to this thread from the front page not knowing which game titled "Sonic the Hedgehog" this was about and the OP was making me pretty mad til I realized it was about the terrible one

#11 Posted by MattyFTM (14370 posts) -

As long as you're prepared for it being terrible, go for it. If anything it'll at least satisfy your curiosity.

#12 Posted by James_Giant_Peach (751 posts) -

Yes, even bad games are worth two bucks. Trust me, I own enough...

#13 Posted by egg (1456 posts) -

I have a question for everyone, is it possible for me to become top editor for this game? It would be nice to remove Blaze's ugly mug from the left side of the page but I'm new to the site and have no idea how points work. What's the best way to gain 686 points?

#14 Posted by Panelhopper (174 posts) -

I was recently thinking of doing the same thing, as I too have a morbid curiosity about the game. I'd say two dollars is totally worth it, I can only find it for £15 which is ridiculous.

#15 Posted by Demoskinos (14778 posts) -

I'd recommend throwing two dollars out the window of a moving car before I could recommend this.

#16 Posted by JasonR86 (9659 posts) -

I was an idiot by the way. Played it past all the junk cutscenes, all the awful load times. Got to the part in the first stage when you play as Tails and couldn't control him well enough to make jumps, lost all my lives, and the game started completely over. Then I turned it off. What an absolute piece of shit.

#17 Posted by Brodehouse (9887 posts) -

Excellent.

#18 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3221 posts) -

Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 = 4 jack in the box tacos.

Good luck on selling me on this being a good deal.

#19 Edited by brehonia (51 posts) -
@jasonr86 said:

I was an idiot by the way. Played it past all the junk cutscenes, all the awful load times. Got to the part in the first stage when you play as Tails and couldn't control him well enough to make jumps, lost all my lives, and the game started completely over. Then I turned it off. What an absolute piece of shit.

Sounds about right. Now buy all the DLC, it's only $15.

#20 Edited by csl316 (8475 posts) -

It's worth it. You need to know the bad games to really appreciate the good.

Sonic will inadvertently make you like good games more.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.