Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sonic the Hedgehog

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 14, 2006

Sonic the Hedgehog debuts on the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 in this realism-focused former-reboot.

So, about all those glitchy games...

RobertOrri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Considering the recent string of high-profile games being broken on release, maybe the time is right for Sonic 2006 to be featured on UPF (has it ever?). All the other games people are complaining about right now certainly pale in comparison.

Sadly, it would have to be on a save file that has some progress on it since the beginning of this game doesn't do all the bugs and glitches proper justice and is really boring to watch.

Here is a good example of just how bad it gets:

Lots of terrible platforming coupled with a strict time limit and one of the worst Mach Speed sections the game has to offer (check it out at 16:00, 24:00 and 38:30, if you dare).

My only impression of Sonic Boom is the Quick Look but that game at least looks flawed but competent.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Still graphically more impressive than Sonic Boom.

civid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@korwin said:

Still graphically more impressive than Sonic Boom.

Loading up the demo the other day, that intro menu shocked me. It looks worse than a budget N64 title.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

The problem with Sonic 06 on UPF would be that there's a lot of messing about at the beginning of the game. Its worst parts require a little effort and a lot of patience to see. The worst of that game requires you to unlock Silver and Shadow.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I didn't watch the video (because I have stuff I should probably be doing) but this

Lots of terrible platforming coupled with a strict time limit and one of the worst Mach Speed sections the game has to offer

makes it sound more like you're talking about bad design, rather than glitches and bugs? "Bad design" does not necessarily mean the game is broken in a technical sense.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

My only impression of Sonic Boom is the Quick Look but that game at least looks flawed but competent.

Remember that long series of 2d sequences they went through in the QL to get across that gap, right before they woke up that snake guy? Knuckles can easily glitch his way past that ENTIRE section.

Loading Video...

RobertOrri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By RobertOrri
    @bbalpert said:

Remember that long series of 2d sequences they went through in the QL to get across that gap, right before they woke up that snake guy? Knuckles can easily glitch his way past that ENTIRE section.

For a moment I thought Ulillillia was playing. Anyway, yeah that's pretty bad and certainly allows the player to easily break the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.