E3 2011 - Sony Press Conference Discussion

#1 Edited by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -

created by Twilight, winner of the Sony E3 2011 Banner Challenge!

Welcome to the E3 2011 Sony Press Conference Discussion

Hello my fellow Giant Bomb-ers! Unless you have been kidnapped by pirates with no TV, phone or Internet access, you know that E3 2011 is upon us. Going with tradition, each of the major three platform companies along with a few of the biggest publishers will be giving press conferences to discuss the past, present and future of their company and the video game industry as a whole. To make the Giant Bomb community more orderly and easier to navigate, we have created an official "sticky" thread for each of the press conferences. This thread is dedicated to the discussion of everyone's general feelings/opinions/thoughts of the Sony press conference.

Keep Discussion On-Topic!

This thread is solely for the general discussion of the Sony press conference. What does this mean? Well...

• Only discussion of the Sony press conference is allowed. Please keep discussion of the other press conferences in their respective stickied threads.
  • No off-topic discussion at any time. Want to talk about the NBA or Stanley Cup Finals? Do so in other threads.

Any posts/discussions found in this thread that do not directly relate to the generality of the Sony press conference will result in the guilty user(s) being sent a PM by one of the moderators.

Specific Announcements

Naturally with any E3, there will be a lot of specific announcements that you would like to discuss with your fellow users in the Giant Bomb community. We certainly welcome this enthusiasm and drive. However, we want this thread to only be about the overall general discussion of the Sony press conference. We ask you to direct all threads/posts/discussions of specific announcements in the forums where they belong. You can learn best how to do this in our E3 2011 and You! thread tutorial.

Game Forums

As with specific announcement, we would like for you to not get caught up in deep discussions of individual games in this thread. Instead, we direct you to take those discussions into their respective forums(again, you can learn more about this in the aforementioned E3 2011 and You! thread). Don't forget, please don't overload the Sony forum with discussions of individual games. Breaking either of these rules will also result in the guilty user(s) being sent a PM by one of the moderators.

Some Sony press conference related forums you might want to use:

"Newly announced

General Rules & Guidelines

Even during the week of full throttle shenanigans knows as E3, the normal rules and guidelines of the Giant Bomb community still apply. You can update yourself on the forum and wiki rules by visiting the Giant Bomb FAQ thread. In there, you can learn about all of the rules and proper instructions for the forums and Wiki. The sequence of punishments for breaking these rules still apply as well.

Live Streams

You can watch the Sony press conference on the following live streams:

#2 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -

The Sony thread is now open!

#3 Posted by Enigma777 (6070 posts) -

What time?

#4 Posted by damswedon (3185 posts) -

Expecting long tedious hardware stuff because that is what Sony does the best.

#5 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

8 EST/5 PSt

Cant wait to see some vita action

#6 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -

All I want is Uncharted 3.

#7 Posted by Sayishere (1840 posts) -

I cant stay awake seriously, im going sleep :(

sucks that the better of the 3 conferences is starting quite late here in the UK (GMT Time)

#8 Posted by Crono11 (1645 posts) -

I'm calling it now Legend of Dragoon 2!!!  

/sarcasm

#9 Posted by Surkov (992 posts) -
Blasto HD, I'm calling it. 
#10 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4692 posts) -

Kingdom Hearts 3 please.

#11 Posted by Dalai (7017 posts) -

They better introduce the Vita with a little Iron Butterfly or I'll be disappointed.

#12 Posted by Marz (5648 posts) -

I'm anticipating lots of NGP hype during the press conference.   Which I'm not interested until i know the price of the system first.

#13 Posted by BeachThunder (11809 posts) -

:( I don't think I can be bothered anymore, maybe I'll just watch Nintendo's tomorrow D:

#14 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

Give me the Last Guardian and ICO/SOTC release dates, or give me death.

#15 Posted by Enigma777 (6070 posts) -

@benjaebe said:

Burial or cremation?

#16 Posted by DetectiveSpecial (466 posts) -

@Dalai said:

They better introduce the Vita with a little Iron Butterfly or I'll be disappointed.

I would shit my pants if this happened.

#17 Posted by jkuc316 (981 posts) -

Agent, FF Versus XIII and Uncharted 3!!

#18 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6141 posts) -

This one's going to be the most interesting from a business perspective. That's not to say the other Big 2 aren't, but with Sony's stumbles here lately, this one's gonna need to be something special. I'm hoping for some Final Fantasy goodness, and a few surprises.

#19 Posted by Hourai (2795 posts) -

Three more hours to go. 

Hopefully I can stay awake 'till then.

#20 Posted by TepidShark (1059 posts) -

Will Kevin Butler be taking the fall for the PSN outage? (That is what I want to know)

#21 Posted by Marokai (2870 posts) -
@crono11 said:
I'm calling it now Legend of Dragoon 2!!!   /sarcasm
Dude, if that ever happened, I would swear an oath of eternal loyalty to Sony.
#22 Posted by FilipHolm (667 posts) -

New Hardware would save this year's E3...

#23 Edited by Rhombus_Of_Terror (2090 posts) -

I think Demo's of Uncharted 3, Batman Arkham City, Twisted Metal and The Last Guardian. Maybe that Bungie announcement that wont be a demo.

#24 Posted by Pessh (2459 posts) -

How many hours to go?

#25 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

@Enigma777 said:

@benjaebe said:

Burial or cremation?

Preferably burial.

I've heard word that they slotted out 5 hours for this conference - true or false?

#26 Posted by VicRattlehead (1398 posts) -

@Pessh: 40 mins i think

#27 Posted by Crono11 (1645 posts) -
@Marokai said:
@crono11 said:
I'm calling it now Legend of Dragoon 2!!!   /sarcasm
Dude, if that ever happened, I would swear an oath of eternal loyalty to Sony.
I would be so happy if that happened but I don't think it ever will.
#28 Posted by Rhombus_Of_Terror (2090 posts) -

@Pessh: @VicRattlehead: yeah starts at 1am BST for us Brits.

#29 Posted by Pessh (2459 posts) -
@VicRattlehead: @RhombusOfTerror: ta
#30 Posted by Trebz (487 posts) -

This'll be the only conference I'll get to watch live, so I hope it's a good one. 

Also, I hope the E3 guys hired a good clean-up crew to wipe up the gore after Jack Tretton murders Kevin Butler on-stage.

#31 Posted by zudthespud (3281 posts) -

If they announce Monster Hunter as a release title with Vita, then I preorder tomorrow.

#32 Posted by ricetopher (1046 posts) -

Honestly the Sony exclusive I'm most hyped for comes out...tomorrow. As someone with a broken PS3 an immediate price drop announcement would be cool.

#33 Posted by blusher (54 posts) -

What are the odds of God of War 3 multiplayer DLC?  

Yeah, I didn't think so.

#34 Edited by Mushir (2389 posts) -

What, my banner actually won? Awesome! 

Really excited to see how they address the PSN downtime, if at all.

#35 Posted by TepidShark (1059 posts) -

I am glad that Microsoft didn't make a joke how Xbox Live works & PSN doesn't. They wouldn't have liked it if that happened to them & Sony made fun of it.

#36 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19321 posts) -
@TepidShark said:

I am glad that Microsoft didn't make a joke how Xbox Live works & PSN doesn't. They wouldn't have liked it if that happened to them & Sony made fun of it.

Sure, but it didn't happen to them and making fun of the competition isn't that crazy.
#37 Posted by EndlessObsidian (474 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
@TepidShark said:

Sure, but it didn't happen to them and making fun of the competition isn't that crazy.
MS didn't make a joke about the situation because they are scared. If they gloat and poke fun that Live was safe and didn't get hacked, they would be hit tomorrow.
#38 Edited by GJSmitty (651 posts) -

Half life 2 Episode 3 is what I'm hoping for! 
It'll happen guys, right? 
Right? 

#39 Posted by Vextroid (1384 posts) -

I just woke up intime.

#40 Posted by EndlessObsidian (474 posts) -
@grant742: AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA HL3 or EP 3 will never happen. I've had that dream shattered one to many E3's lol.
#41 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -

I want to be close friends with the two girls covering the Sony press conference for G4.

#42 Posted by TepidShark (1059 posts) -

Michael Pachter is on Gametrailers now.

#43 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19321 posts) -
@grant742 said:
Half life 2 Episode 3 is what I'm hoping for! It'll happen guys, right? Right? ....
Yes.
#44 Posted by TepidShark (1059 posts) -

@EndlessObsidian: Yeah Nintendo supposedly got hacked & they didn't do anything.

#45 Posted by Commando (1878 posts) -

Can't wait to see what they say about the hackings!

#46 Edited by Castiel (2562 posts) -

GTA V

I'm calling it!

Plus footage from agent.

#47 Posted by Darklight (212 posts) -

I predict... Uncharted 3 gameplay.  

... Yeah I'm not risking much with this one.
#48 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

It's starting!

#49 Posted by LiquidS (971 posts) -

No need to hack my heart Sony, you already have it!

#50 Posted by Surkov (992 posts) -

Diablo 3 with battle.net support.  That's my prediction. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.