Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sony Interactive Entertainment America

Company »

Sony Interactive Entertainment America is the North American subsidiary of Sony Interactive Entertainment. SIEA is responsible for publishing and marketing Sony's hardware and software in that region.

E3 2011 - Sony Press Conference Discussion

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#801  Edited By Enigma777

@Icemael said:

Was that a Vanillaware game at the end of the part with snippets from Vita games? Because if it was, I'm gonna have to buy that device.

I was thinking the same thing. Whatever that game was, it looks freaking sweet.

Avatar image for green_incarnate
    Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#802  Edited By Green_Incarnate

Sony make money money money moneeeeey.

Cupids_Hitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#803  Edited By Cupids_Hitman

SONY, WHY NO LAST GUARDIAN?

gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#804  Edited By gike987

Sony's press conference was the best by far. Made me want to buy a Vita.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#805  Edited By penguindust

Wow, if you're planning to buy a Vita, this is a great time to be an American.  Since our dollar is in the crapper, we get a good deal on the device.

Good show from Sony.  I liked most of it.  I could have done without all that Move and 3D stuff, but it wasn't overwhelming.  Sly Cooper was a nice surprise, and I am looking forward to the next Uncharted, of course.  There was more that interested me in this conference than in the Microsoft one.  Next up, Nintendo.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#806  Edited By AgentJ
    @mutha3 said:
    @AgentJ said:
    Can we please just announce Valkyria Chronicles 3 release in america so I can stop watching?
    :(  not happening, man.
    But... BUT IT HAS TO! I NEED IT!  

Sony... You show us nothing but Sly Cooper, and NOT give us Valkyria Chronicles 3? Dead to me... again...
    TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#807  Edited By TomA

That DJ is not rocking anything, at all.

Avatar image for DELETE_chickenpants
    ChickenPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#808  Edited By ChickenPants

Fine conference. Feel like Sony are sitting on some bigger announcements related to games but astutely decided to dedicate the finale to the Vita. Honestly, I was expecting some Last Guardian, Agent, GTAV or GoW trailer at the end.

sickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#809  Edited By sickVisionz

Meh conference for PS3 imo.  Uncharted demo seemed way duller than what I'm sure the actual game will be.  I can't even remember anything else they showed.  Vita is nice though.  Decent price too.  3DS will have to do something.  Smh @ no Kevin Butler... wtf.  That would have at least made it fun to watch.

Beer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#810  Edited By Beer

Vita looks good and it's priced right (for Americans), I just hope it has some good unique games. Also curious about pricing on games.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#811  Edited By zombie2011

That sucked, Uncharted 3 was the only good thing shown.

Edin899

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#812  Edited By Edin899
    @gike987 said:
    Sony's press conference was the best by far. Made me want to buy a Vita.
    HAHAHAHHAHhA are you crazy? They only showed old playstation games on it !  Sony press conference was 90 min of bullshit
    Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#813  Edited By Vextroid

That was a great conference. Can't wait to see what Nintendo brings!

Edin899

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#814  Edited By Edin899

This was horrible. 
    They showed uncharted 3. 
    And after that? NOTHING! 
    They pulled out the vita and showed playstaion ip's on it that we all know. Nothing new, nothing special. 
    Boring as fuck.

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#815  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#816  Edited By KaosAngel

@Anwar said:

Why does Sony looks more sincere to me than the other conferences? No planted dumbasses wooing at every bullshit announcement, really cool games except for surprises and the lengthy montages it was awesome. And what do they get for it? Loud obnoxious laughter, mumbling even booing from the crowd? Why are they not doing it on other conferences, oh I know, they have no stamina and are bored, because it's the last one... pathetic

They fucking picked AT&T, even Apple got fucking boos for that. You think Sony would fucking learn from Apple's fuck up.

Really? AT&T?! Want to cram up their shitty 3g even more with the fucking iPhone users?!

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#817  Edited By SlightConfuse

just remembered what about twisted metal

Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#818  Edited By Steve_C

Pretty solid. I wish they had gone back to some PS3 teaser type stuff at the end. Pretty glad about the vita support, but I don't really have any intention to buy one just yet.

Best one so far, but I think it'll still be pretty easy for Nintendo to top everything with the cafe stuff.

RadixNegative2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#819  Edited By RadixNegative2

Great conference., my favorite thus far. I had no interest in Vita, but now I might consider picking it up.

Also Uncharted 3 looked amazing and their apology regarding psn going down was actually kind of effective.

The only thing missing was Kevin Butler.

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#820  Edited By luce

Just when I was about to get a 3DS 

PSVita it is

Trebz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#821  Edited By Trebz

Man, you guys are cynical. I thought Sony did pretty well for a company in its position. I was expecting them to come out, apologize, show off a couple of Vita games, acknowledge the Move and walk off. While there wasn't much in the way of new IPs and there were a couple of low moments (such as Kobe playing NBA Move and "AT&T"), there was a lot to like (Sly 4, Bioshock Infinite, the Vita getting a reasonable price tag).  

I'm very intrigued by the Vita, now. Sony seems like they're really serious about competing with Nintendo and this time, while I'll hold onto my skepticism, they might just pull it off.

TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#822  Edited By TehFlan

I wonder if Sly 4 will have some kind of time travel shenanigans or something, cause that would be pretty awesome. Looking forward to seeing more of it in any case. I love the Sly Cooper games.

Truitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#823  Edited By Truitt

I honestly can't believe they can go down to 250. Excited honestly.

Theavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#824  Edited By Theavy

I was pretty disappointed with sony this year, the only PS3 game reveal was Sly 4.

FilipHolm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#825  Edited By FilipHolm
    @Turkish_Heavy said:

I was pretty disappointed with sony this year, the only PS3 game reveal was Sly 4.

I completely agree. I miss the big chocking announcements that I love about E3. Let's pray that Nintendo will blow us away tomorrow...
    Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#826  Edited By Sin4profit

@filipholm said:

Let's pray that Nintendo will blow us away tomorrow...

I'd say Nintendo wins without even trying considering the quality of the pressers so far.

SumDeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#827  Edited By SumDeus

I feel like I'm one of the only people who thought it was almost 2006 bad. I watched it with 2 friends and we were just in awe. Everything on Vita looks like bullshit and everything for Move looks like bullshit. I'm not a fan of Kinect either, but at least they have decent methods of integrating it into games without it taking over. The NBA 2K12 Move demonstration....what the fuck.

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#828  Edited By Lunar_Aura

Vita is gonna make 3DS look like a stray bum. Good on Sony with that pricing.

Kjellm87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#829  Edited By Kjellm87

E3 has been decent so far, and watching forums have been half the show. Time to get some sleep, my fav devs are up next.

mbradley1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#830  Edited By mbradley1992

I'm really glad to see the Vita price competitive. Too many times has Sony shot themselves before they started by having a high price tag on their hardware. It is priced at a very reasonable point, and it is a very easy pick over the 3DS at that price point. I was disappointed we didn't see Agent, or a Bungie/Respawn/Someone Else announcement on stage. It was pretty relaxed. There wasn't much to get mad or boo at (except the AT&T announcement), but there wasn't a lot of wow factor outside of Sly 4. It was much better than Microsoft, but I think Nintendo has every opportunity in the world to top the Sony conference tomorrow.

TheSmashing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#831  Edited By TheSmashing

I liked what i saw about the PS Vita, especially the price.

Avatar image for boom_goes_the_dynamite
    Boom_goes_the_dynamite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@filipholm said:
    @Turkish_Heavy said:

I completely agree. I miss the big chocking announcements that I love about E3. Let's pray that Nintendo will blow us away tomorrow...
    Me too, the problem is now all the new big game announcements are attached with the Video Game awards, I mean this year like 10 games were announced if not more at it.
    Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

I AM SO PROUD OF YOU JEREMY, WHAT A GOOD JOB YOU DID

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#834  Edited By monkeyking1969

The 3D HDTV with full view for spit-screen view, DUST the MMO shooter based off EVE, Uncharted games, Ken Levine making his Mea culpa about Move and talking about a BioShock NGP game, and then Vita revealed at a great price and actually showing off why touch front & back could be cool. Sony easily showed up everything else this monday. It will be interesting to see what Nintendo can do tomorrow.

djstyles92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#835  Edited By djstyles92

The Sony press conference was so much better than the Microsoft press conference.  The Vita looked incredible, definitely the next handheld I'm gonna get.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#836  Edited By Hizang

I haven't watched it due to my shit internet connection, but from what I've heard it seems to have been alright. But what are Sony thinking by puttng Little Big Planet on Vita? I mean why play Little Big Planet on a handheld when you can play a better version on a big screen!

Lelcar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#837  Edited By Lelcar

@djstyles92 said:

The Sony press conference was so much better than the Microsoft press conference. The Vita looked incredible, definitely the next handheld I'm gonna get.

I agree. I have all consoles and I'm not a fanboy of any one company, but Sony definitely won the E3 war over Microsoft. They showed some awesome shit. Vita looks sweet with a great-ish launch line up and a very affordable price. I also really like the touch screen stuff, it makes some games like Modnation Racers more accessible to play. Good first party stuff. Uncharted 3 looks phenomenal, and Sony announced a magical television.

I liked it.

PizzaSauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#838  Edited By PizzaSauce

Nice job Jeremy!

Best conference for me so far. The Move stuff actually looked pretty fun, Uncharted looks cool and tht 3D TV Deal is also good. Impressed with Jack's si ncere apology regarding the PSN downtime. Well done Sony!

sjupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#839  Edited By sjupp

I wonder what's making me not think like the rest of you. I thought the MS conference was pretty okay and this was perhaps a small step above it. Not by any means "super awesome waueuu". The lack of "The Last Guardian" is fucking shit. Uncharted 3 is pretty cool, Resistance 3 looks so meh, I have no affinity for star trek, that Dust game looks like a PS2 shooter connected to an MMO I couldn't care less about. Also, why do people keep insisting that 3D is the shit? The only people wanting 3D are families that bought the wii because everyone said it was cool. I bet the PSVita will have a battery life of four hours and handhelds are still going sort of irrelevant what with smart phones getting increasingly stronger.

Man I feel like a troll.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#840  Edited By WinterSnowblind

I quite liked the MS conference too. I can't say a lot of the games were aimed at me, and the Kinect on-rails games look horrible.. but they still showed some impressive stuff and the games they did show were great. Sony's certainly wasn't any better. No new IP's, no surprises, and the Move stuff looked terrible.. I don't think either was particularly bad, but I don't see how you could rate one higher than the other.

evilhomer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#841  Edited By evilhomer
    @WinterSnowblind said:

I quite liked the MS conference too. I can't say a lot of the games were aimed at me, and the Kinect on-rails games look horrible.. but they still showed some impressive stuff and the games they did show were great. Sony's certainly wasn't any better. No new IP's, no surprises, and the Move stuff looked terrible.. I don't think either was particularly bad, but I don't see how you could rate one higher than the other.

A big difference for me was the kinect stuff was focused around little children that was incredibly awkward and hard to watch to the point that I just put it on mute til they got to the halo 4 teaser which wasnt much either.  The sony conference did a better job of going from game to game and even when they went to move or 3d stuff was more short and to the point while MS went on for the longest time about kinect and multimedia stuff that I just simply dont care about.

Id rather see the focus on games than anything and I liked what I saw in Sony with Star Trek, Dust seemed ok but not great, Vita looked awesome and got to see things from Uncharted 3 that I hadnt seen before.  MS had Lara Croft which looked good and MW3 but nothing else that was exclusive and interesting til Halo and a whole lot of amazingly cringe-worthy stuff in between.  Its really hard to watch those 10 year old kids pretend to play a game and shout scripted lines at eachother which is where I feel the MS conference really became a letdown and made their presentation seem awful in comparison.

edit: forgot about Gears3 for MS but wasnt too excited about it, on about the same level as resistence 3 for me in terms of interest level.
    Cynical_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#842  Edited By Cynical_Gamer

Microsoft's conference was terrible. They spent 99% of their conference talking about the Kinect. All their speakers were horrible. Sony's conference was just as bad but at least they talked more about game titles coming out this year. They started out strong with Uncharted 3 then everything went to crap until they showed off the NGP and announced the price. Both companies need to abandon motion controls now. Nintendo is already abandoning them with their next console. They also need to stop targeting families and dubebros for their audiences and leaving out the hardcore gamers with disposable incomes who buy most of their stuff. It's ruining gaming.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#843  Edited By kishinfoulux

Sony had way too much talking  Jack Tretton just isn't good at this thing. He's not an engaging speaker at all and leaves me bored. And people are greatly exaggerating the amount of kids stuff shown at the MS conference.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#844  Edited By Vexxan

If they had shown Kingdom Hearts 3 I would've bought a PS3 instantly.

Like most I'm surprised by the price of the Vita...rather cheap if hardware can prove to be as good as they say.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.