E3 2012 - Sony Press Conference Discussion

#1 Edited by CitizenKane (10508 posts) -

created by EverydayOdyssey, winner of the E3 2012 Sony Banner Challenge!

Welcome to the E3 2012 Sony Press Conference Discussion

Welcome my fellow Giant Bomb comrades! Unless you have been living under a rock trying to avoid the zombie apocalypse that is sweeping the east coast of the United States, you know that E3 2012 is here! Keeping with the tradition, each of the three platform companies along with EA and Ubisoft will be holding press conferences to discuss their company and what they will offer the video game industry presently and in the future. As you know, this will create apocalyptic chaos across the Internet and, more importantly, the Giant Bomb community and forums. In order to help control the madness, we will have an official "sticky" thread for each of the conferences. This thread is dedicated to the discussion of everyone's general feelings/opinions/thoughts of the Sony press conference.

Keep Discussion On-Topic!

This thread is dedicated solely for the general discussion of the Sony press conference. What does this mean for you? Well, let me tell you with my patent-pending bullet points!

• Only discussion of the Sony press conference is allowed. Please keep discussion of the other press conferences in their respective stickied threads.
  • No off-topic discussion at any time. Want to talk about the NBA or Stanley Cup Finals? Do so in other threads.

Any posts and discussions found in this thread that do not directly relate to the generality of the Sony press conference will result in the guilty parties (i.e. users like you!) being sent a PM by one of the moderators (pray that yours won't be sent by MB)

Specific Announcements

As with every E3, there will be a lot of specific announcements of games/hardware/devices that you would like to discuss with your fellow comrades in the Giant Bomb community. We all certainly love your ethusiasm (it's what makes Giant Bomb special!), but this thread is only for the general, overal discussion of the Sony press conference. We ask you to direct all threads/posts/discussions of specific announcements in the specific forums where they belong. You can learn best how to do this by ready my fellow mod Marino's E3 2012 and You! thread.

Game Forums

As with specific announcements made at these press conferences, we would like for you to not get caught up in deep discussions of individual games in this thread. We direct you to take those discussions into their respective forums (again, you can read more about this in the aforementioned E3 2012 and You! thread). Again, please do not overload this thread with discussion of individual games. Breaking this rule will, again, result in the guilty parties being sent a PM by one of the moderators.

Some Sony press conference related forums you might want to use:

General Rules & Guidelines

Even during the week of full throttle shenanigans knows as E3, the normal rules and guidelines of the Giant Bomb community still apply. You can update yourself on the forum and wiki rules by visiting the Giant Bomb FAQ thread. In there, you can learn about all of the rules and proper instructions for the forums and Wiki. The sequence of punishments for breaking this rules still apply as well.

Live Streams

You can watch the Sony press conference on SpikeTV or on the following live streams:

#2 Posted by CitizenKane (10508 posts) -

Thread is now open!

#3 Edited by Aegon (5769 posts) -

3rd

I want Last of Us gameplay and surprises like Watch_Dogs, otherwise it'll be a pretty boring like most of the conferences thus far.

#4 Posted by Siriusface (45 posts) -

Does anyone think it's even slightly possible that we get Sony next-gen news now that Microsoft didn't give any?

#5 Posted by JacDG (2128 posts) -

Sony exclusives have been killa (thank you for reminding me how awesome that phrase is Aisha, future wife) the last few years, and I hope that trend continue and they won't focus a lot on the Vita and Move.

#6 Posted by Zacagawea (1609 posts) -

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

@Siriusface said:

Does anyone think it's even slightly possible that we get Sony next-gen news now that Microsoft didn't give any?

Nope

#7 Posted by Aegon (5769 posts) -

@JacDG said:

Sony exclusives have been killa (thank you for reminding me how awesome that phrase is Aisha, future wife) the last few years, and I hope that trend continue and they won't focus a lot on the Vita and Move.

LANAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

#8 Posted by Funman (51 posts) -

If Last Guardian is not here this year, than its game over man, GAME OVER!!!

Seriously where is that game???

#9 Posted by FilipHolm (669 posts) -

@Funman said:

If Last Guardian is not here this year, than its game over man, GAME OVER!!!

Seriously where is that game???

Somewhere in Japan

#10 Posted by FrankCanada97 (4039 posts) -

The ball is in Sony's court now. I demand to have my mind blown away.

#11 Posted by JacDG (2128 posts) -

@H2Oyea said:

@JacDG said:

LANAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Waaaaaaaaaaaaa.

#12 Posted by LiquidPrince (16119 posts) -

I have high hopes.

#13 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19377 posts) -
  • PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Vita version
  • Beyond Two Souls (New Quantic Dream game)

These are two things to expect.

#14 Posted by LiquidPrince (16119 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

• PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Vita version

These are two things to expect.

Heavy Rain... Even Heavier Rain!

#15 Edited by Aegon (5769 posts) -

@JacDG said:

@H2Oyea said:

@JacDG said:

Waaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Daaaaangerzone.

Also, Rumor: Quantic Dreams game reveal.

@FluxWaveZ said:

Will my Ellen Page fetish be satisfied? I guess it's not a fetish though. She's just cute.

#16 Posted by Tactical_Kill (1695 posts) -

I'm interested in seeing more of the Last of Us.

#17 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -

Is there any chance we're getting a Star Wars 1313 debut at Sony's presser, or is that staying behind closed doors for now?

#18 Posted by TheHT (11682 posts) -

@H2Oyea said:

@JacDG said:

@H2Oyea said:

@JacDG said:

Waaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Daaaaangerzone.

Also, Rumor: Quantic Dreams game reveal.

Starring Ellen Page, no less.

#19 Posted by LiquidPrince (16119 posts) -

@Tactical_Kill said:

I'm interested in seeing more of the Last of Us.

As am I. That's mainly why I stoked for Sony's show.

#20 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

I'm pretty excited to see more of the Sony Allstars game or whatever it's called. It's been since Gamecube that I've played a Smash Brothers game.

#21 Posted by NegativeCero (3026 posts) -

I'm ready for Vita news. There seems to be a lot a buzz for The Last of Us, so it should be a good show.

#22 Posted by Hailinel (25203 posts) -

It begins.

#23 Posted by LiquidPrince (16119 posts) -

Sony's stage looks badass!

#24 Edited by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

My body is ready!

Hah, seriously though, bring it on!

#25 Posted by doobie (605 posts) -

how long before the first montage

#26 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19377 posts) -

This doesn't beat dancing.

#27 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -

Sony and their damn montages.

#28 Posted by LiquidPrince (16119 posts) -

@doobie said:

how long before the first montage

Instant.

#29 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

Did you guys see Portal?

Maybe Gabe will be there this year. ;)

#30 Posted by Marokai (3115 posts) -

Sony makes the best opening trailers for their pressers

#31 Posted by Hailinel (25203 posts) -

Is this music video montage ever going to end?

#32 Posted by Encephalon (1310 posts) -

Okay, I've lost the plot of this montage.

#33 Posted by Tactical_Kill (1695 posts) -

Sony always did love their montages.

#34 Posted by LiquidPrince (16119 posts) -

Jack with the Wub Wub entrance!

#35 Posted by Funman (51 posts) -

And thanks for coming to the Sony press conference, see you all next year..

#36 Posted by DrDarkStryfe (1154 posts) -

No one does a montage like Sony.

#37 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -

Apparently I came to the wrong place.

#38 Posted by Jimbo (9936 posts) -

Alright, clean it up, Jacky boy.

#39 Posted by FrankCanada97 (4039 posts) -

Well, I wouldn't say years. But, he's right.

#40 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

Jack is back and what he said about E3 is true, haha.

#41 Posted by CapnThrash (144 posts) -

NEVER

STOP

PLAYING.

PLEASE.

#42 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

RIIIIIIIIDGEEEEEEEEE RAAAAAAAAAACEEEEEEEEEER

#43 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

I love you man.

#44 Posted by Zor (664 posts) -

So far, so good, and by that, i mean no singing... so far...

#45 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

Oh fuck yes, Heavy Rain was awesome.

#46 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19377 posts) -

Ah, starting with Beyond.

#47 Edited by Encephalon (1310 posts) -

Jack Tretton keepin' it real.

#48 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -

2010 game of the year?

Alright, Jack.

#49 Posted by Aegon (5769 posts) -

It's happening.

#50 Posted by LiquidPrince (16119 posts) -

My body is ready.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.