Sony's E3 Presser To Be 5 Hours - 5 Hours of Numbers and Stuff

#1 Edited by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

Sup fools, 

I was eating at Subway today with my amazingly healthy friends while we were surfing the internet on our tablets, we noticed an article saying that Sony's presser will be 5 hours long.  Our jaws dropped. 

Five hours is a long time.  It's from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m., and will take place BEFORE the Apple event taking place the same day. 

Seriously, what do they need for 5 hours?   

Link (Not the Zelda Link) 

Also, who the hell in their right mind will sit through that when Apple's biggest event of the year will take place a couple hours before, all the media outlets are hyping up Apple's event that day as the re-birth of technology pressers.  

#2 Posted by mordukai (7153 posts) -

I will wait for an official release from Sony. 

#3 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

....5 hours? 

I can't see myself surviving this, but I'll sure as hell try!

#4 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

Hooray for recaps.

#5 Posted by JJOR64 (19001 posts) -

Hope I don't fall asleep during it.  I guess AE will keep me awake during it.

#6 Posted by JasonR86 (9714 posts) -
@KaosAngel

Sup Son!

I feel bad for the media.  Five hours is going to be awful.
#7 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

god thats long...  ill probably keep it in a different tab and check on it a couple times

#8 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

Hour 1 - Montage 
Hour 2 and 3 - PSN Suck Up 
Hour 4 - PS3 Games 
Hour 5 - NGP 

Success...and by success I mean failure as Apple, Google, Microsoft, and even Nintendo know the term pacing.

#9 Posted by JasonR86 (9714 posts) -
@KaosAngel

You forgot about Ridge Racer and Giant Crabs.
#10 Posted by Gaff (1771 posts) -

Ohhh, hyperbole. Or taking things at face value. Or naivety. Or all three. 

I wouldn't be surprised if it included hands-on time for the various journalists there (because, gasp, NGP doesn't demo well on a big screen, maybe?). 

Also, as an apology for the PSN outage Sony will give every attendee and viewer on the stream a performance by Cirque du Soleil, free of charge.

#11 Posted by Jeff (3580 posts) -

This is pretty misleading. It just means that they will have playable games available to attendees after the conference is over. Not the first time they've done this.

Staff
#12 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@Jeff: Oh shit, did not know.  The other sites are saying it's 5 hours straight.  My bad.
#13 Posted by EVO (3914 posts) -

Who in their right mind would sit through this? Just read about it the next day and save 5 hours of your life.

#14 Posted by AlexW00d (6280 posts) -
@Jeff said:

This is pretty misleading. It just means that they will have playable games available to attendees after the conference is over. Not the first time they've done this.

I always find it funny when you drop Kaosangel down a couple of pegs.
#15 Posted by Zaccheus (1795 posts) -

Yeah that is the time of the whole event. The presentation will probably be few hours like always.

#16 Posted by Zabant (1245 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
Sup fools, 

I was eating at Subway today with my amazingly healthy friends while we were surfing the internet on our tablets.
Is....is this some sort of sideways joke about hipsters because only assholes would do that, right? 

Calling us "fools" makes it seem even more unreal.
#17 Posted by SlasherMan (1725 posts) -
@Zabant: It's his thing. He's always at some diner or a restaurant when he gets a revelation or discovers something mind-blowing.
Seems Jeff has become a fan.
#18 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@Zabant: ...you know, never gave it much thought but sure, it's a stab at hipsters.
#19 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

UGH. Okay. Oh crap, I really should buy some new headphones ASAP. E3 IS COMING! It's next week, right?

#20 Posted by shinigami420 (640 posts) -

I could not care less about apple 

#21 Posted by SlasherMan (1725 posts) -
@shinigami420: An apple a day...
#22 Posted by thehexeditor (1404 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
Sup fools, 

I was eating at Subway today with my amazingly healthy friends while we were surfing the internet on our tablets
I don't know how but you managed to make me grimace in anger through words.
#23 Posted by TheHBK (5488 posts) -

I am pretty sure not many people are looking forward to the Apple Press conference since it has been agreed upon by the media that no new iPhone will be there.  The biggest announcements will be iOS 5 and the new Macbook Airs.  Not earth shattering news.  Although news nonetheless because Sony will show new games off and the NGP has already been shown and played.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.