Who do you view as Sony's mascot?

#1 Posted by lemon360 (1102 posts) -

For me its Kratos. That dude is BRUTAL.

#2 Posted by Killroycantkill (1420 posts) -

If its current mascot I would say Rachet, since he's a likeable character and he has a cute look. Back in the PS1 days I could say Crash Bandicoot.

#3 Posted by Jeust (10809 posts) -
@lemon360 said:
" For me its Kratos. That dude is BRUTAL. "
Kratos. That's the only character continually receiving Sony's love. 
#4 Posted by Gabriel (4076 posts) -

Crash Bandicoot, closet thing they ever had probably followed by Solid Snake.

#5 Posted by LiquidPrince (16108 posts) -

Kratos and Drake.

#6 Posted by Steve_C (1757 posts) -

Kaz Hirai

#7 Posted by Gabriel (4076 posts) -

#8 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

Solid Snake has had games released on every Sony video game console, I think that pretty much ensures his mascot position.

#9 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

I guess Solid Snake, followed by Kratos, followed by the Ratchet and Clank dudes, but the real answer lies here:
@Gabriel said:

"     "
#10 Posted by DeadRockstar (32 posts) -

+1 for easily distracted translator.

#11 Posted by MAN_FLANNEL (2462 posts) -

I don't think they have one. 

#12 Posted by Andorski (5351 posts) -

Sackboy.

#13 Posted by VoodooTerror (607 posts) -

solid snake, lets face it, when you think of sony, you think of metal gear solid

#14 Posted by FunExplosions (5407 posts) -

I still feel like it's Crash. But, besides that, probably just Ratchet or Daxter. You can't have people dressed up as Solid Snake or Sackboy. That's just creepy, or scary. A giant Daxter might actually work. The only problem is that no one knows who the hell he is. Even more simple: there doesn't need to be a mascot for each system. The PS3 seems to host more mature games, and it would make sense that it doesn't have some big fluffy Otsel walking around shopping malls.

#15 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -
@Hamz said:
" Solid Snake has had games released on every Sony video game console, I think that pretty much ensures his mascot position. "
I don't know, for him to be a mascot, I think he would at least have to be exclusive to Sony platforms, if not owned by Sony outright. 
#16 Posted by DystopiaX (5351 posts) -

IMO, no one yet. If you think about it, no one has the mainstream recognition or universal appeal that Nintendo mascots like Mario and Zelda have. No one as famous as the Master Chief for Microsoft. Don't get me wrong, they have great characters and games, just no one as a mascot yet, because none of their characters have mainstream recognition yet.

#17 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

GIANT ENEMY CRAB.  There is no other.

#18 Posted by papercut (3527 posts) -

599 U.S. Dollars 

that was the first thing i thought of. 

...that or Sackboy
#19 Posted by JeffGoldblum (3709 posts) -

I don't really think of one, but Nathan's a cool guy.
#20 Posted by RsistncE (4496 posts) -
@Jeust said:
" @lemon360 said:
" For me its Kratos. That dude is BRUTAL. "
Kratos. That's the only character continually receiving Sony's love.  "
Ditto. Kratos.
#21 Posted by RobotHamster (4177 posts) -

Kratos, Ratchet, Sacboy, maybe jack, sly, crash, spyro, are all i could think of right now.   

M$ has master queer : ) and thats about it. 

Nintendo has anything Miyamoto.

#22 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Sackboy is very mascot like. They kind of blew an opportunity to really install sackboy into the mascot position by not working it into other games like Modnation or Home.

#23 Posted by JJOR64 (19046 posts) -

To be honest, I don't see Sony nor Microsoft having a mascot at all.

@papercut said:

"  599 U.S. Dollars  that was the first thing i thought of.  ...that or Sackboy "

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDGE RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACER!
#24 Posted by animateria (3253 posts) -

The buttons.

They've pretty much used the buttons as their abstract mascot for a while.

And lets not forget Toro!

The Japanese Mascot for Sony.
#25 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

<<<<<

#26 Posted by Wunder_ (1171 posts) -

Maybe some Final Fantasy? In the US market, I'd probably gun for Drake and Kratos right now. Maybe some Killzone 2 or Sackboy action.

#27 Posted by Shirogane (3581 posts) -

Oh man, everytime people mention kratos, i start going into an insane rage. I really hate that guy. 

I'm gonna agree with sackboy for now, as much as i hate him too.
#28 Posted by HairyMike87 (1016 posts) -

the system is its own mascot. it only does everything.

#29 Posted by rjayb89 (7728 posts) -

Shane Carpenter

#30 Posted by m1k3 (1337 posts) -

im pretty sure Kevin Butler is the current Sony mascot... or he is to the masses 

#31 Edited by MAN_FLANNEL (2462 posts) -

Nintendo Entertainment System -1985
Mario - Early 80's

Microsoft XBOX -2001
Master Chief - 2001 

Sony Playstation - 1995 
Kratos - 2005
Sackboy - 2008 
Drake - 2007
I don't see how your company's mascot can manifest that late in its history.

#32 Posted by FCKSNAP (2299 posts) -
@MAN_FLANNEL: Someone forgot who Segata Sanshiro is. But he was a mascot for only one console, and Sonic was still around then. 
OK I see your point.
#33 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

/thread
#34 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

Probably sackboy, but they don't have a real mascot. At least not one that is immediately identifiable with the company like Mario, Sonic, or Master Chief.

#35 Posted by Tebbit (4480 posts) -

If the Playstation logo were anthropomorphic, it'd be that. 
On a side note, imagine if they had chosen one of these other prototypes for the logo. It gives me the shakes just thinking about it.
#36 Posted by chogi (555 posts) -

Kevin Butler > Kratos

#37 Posted by captain_clayman (3326 posts) -
@Killroycantkill said:
" If its current mascot I would say Rachet, since he's a likeable character and he has a cute look. Back in the PS1 days I could say Crash Bandicoot. "
i wish it was still crash bandicoot :(
now it's either kratos or nathan drake.
#38 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

I would actually love to side a proper forward platforming Crash Bandicoot again. It was this weird hybrid when people were leaving 2d and didn't know how to hand 3d, and you got this weird sort of forward moving sidescroller. Bring it back.

#39 Posted by ez123 (1987 posts) -
Shit, I had fun with Crash Twinsanity.  Give me fun platforming, boxes I can jump on to get fruits, formulaic bosses, stupid cutscenes and I'm happy.
#40 Edited by Ryax (4630 posts) -

a giant cock pissing on other companys saying i win

#41 Posted by ajamafalous (12121 posts) -

The only thing that comes to mind is Crash or Spyro from the PS1 era.

#42 Posted by Gruff182 (872 posts) -

They'l probably make sack boy the mascot now that they own the studio. Its hard not to like him tbh.

#43 Posted by TommyUnderwear (40 posts) -

A Nissan Skyline GT-R.  Have been with Sony due to the GT series and that was what got me on to the PS3, anticipation of how good that game can look in HD.

#44 Posted by damnboyadvance (4061 posts) -

Sackboy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.