Reminder: Sony's Pre-TGS 2012 Conference is at 9pm PST tonight

• 77 results
#1 Edited by TepidShark (1058 posts) -

In case you didn't already know, Sony is holding its Pre-TGS Conference tonight. It's at 9pm US PST (so convert accordingly). You can use this thread to discuss it as well. I have been looking for places to stream it, but I haven't come up with anything from the major sites, so if you have any ideas that would be great to know about as well.

Update: Catch the stream here. (as of 10:30pm PST, the stream is over)

#2 Posted by Phatmac (5721 posts) -

We can only hope for news on The Last Guardian. :(

#3 Posted by Vinny_Says (5687 posts) -

@Phatmac said:

We can only hope for news on The Last Guardian. :(

ouch

#4 Posted by DarthOrange (3851 posts) -

I haven't been able to find any info on streams either. Looks like it's not going to happen this year :(

#5 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

The Last Guardian doesn't exist.

#6 Posted by ImpendingFoil (555 posts) -

I can't see much of anything new since Gamescom, but then I guess I really wasn't expecting any new stuff being announced at Gamescom as well. I will be really interested in what is coming out for Wii U support at this years TGS though.

#7 Posted by Mesoian (1572 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

Now now, don't say that. They just took the Last Guardian to the farm where it can play with Wipeout 2049 and Final Fantasy Versus 13. There's more room out there to play and...it'll be..h-happier there.

Happ-...

Wow, I genuinely depressed myself.

#8 Posted by Solh0und (1757 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

Nah, It's in video game purgatorio

#9 Posted by ImpendingFoil (555 posts) -

I'm thinking if they don't mention Last Guardian at all this year it is dead. For reals dead.

Or they could shift it to PS4 and take another decade to develop it.

#10 Posted by RE_Player1 (7549 posts) -

I want Kaz Hirai to get on stage and say," Playstation 4 will be launching this holiday season mother fuckers!!" drop the mic, show an awesome montage and end the conference.

#11 Posted by Willy105 (4688 posts) -
@msavo said:
I want Kaz Hirai to get on stage and say," Playstation 4 will be launching this holiday season mother fuckers!!" drop the mic, show an awesome montage and end the conference.
I'd rather they put resources on saving the Vita, if it's even possible.
#12 Edited by thegoldencat7 (1492 posts) -

I read a news story saying they would finally be announcing the super-slim. That would be pretty good.

#13 Edited by Indiana_Jenkins (380 posts) -

New PS3 Hardware? The super slim PSthree?

Please?

#14 Posted by TepidShark (1058 posts) -

Gaf claims you can stream it here.

#15 Posted by DarthOrange (3851 posts) -

@TepidShark said:

What the hell is that? Will the video just pop up there at 9pm?

#16 Posted by MikkaQ (10268 posts) -

Good now we can all mock Sony for thinking it's okay to release a 12GB console in this day and age.

#17 Posted by Hunter5024 (5544 posts) -

Im pretty sure they already said The Last Guardian wouldn't be at TGS, but they've made about 3 announcements like that in the last few years so maybe I'm just confusing it for one of those.

#18 Posted by Lego_My_Eggo (983 posts) -

@Hunter5024 said:

Im pretty sure they already said The Last Guardian wouldn't be at TGS, but they've made about 3 announcements like that in the last few years so maybe I'm just confusing it for one of those.

They haven't come out and specifically said it wont be at TGS like they have for the past few E3's and TGS's, but it is also not on there lineup of things they are showing. So maybe it wont be a demo on stage, but hopefully someone will get some good info out of them in an interview during TGS.

#19 Edited by TepidShark (1058 posts) -

@DarthOrange said:

@TepidShark said:

This site seems to have instructions that applied to the same site when the Final Fantasy 13 stream was happening a few weeks ago. I am not really sure if it will work for this one as well though. This is what I found while looking around NeoGaf (Here is another thread).

#20 Posted by DarthOrange (3851 posts) -

@TepidShark said:

@DarthOrange said:

@TepidShark said:

This site seems to have instructions that applied to the same site when the Final Fantasy 13 stream was happening a few weeks ago. I am not really sure if it will work for this one as well though. This is what I found while looking around NeoGaf (Here is another thread).

Fuck it it seems too complicated, i'll just read the highlights online.

#21 Edited by Hailinel (23915 posts) -

@DarthOrange said:

@TepidShark said:

@DarthOrange said:

@TepidShark said:

Fuck it it seems too complicated, i'll just read the highlights online.

It doesn't seem worth the hassle. I doubt Sony will have any blockbuster announcements, anyway.

#22 Edited by TepidShark (1058 posts) -

@Hailinel: @DarthOrange: My mistake, all you have to do is go to this site, it is up now. sorry for the confusion.

#23 Edited by Lego_My_Eggo (983 posts) -

New slim? looks like it said 50% smaller then the old fatty and with 500 and 250 gb HD

#24 Posted by TepidShark (1058 posts) -

Kotaku's Liveblog for translations of the conference.

#25 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

PS3 slim is 299$ not bad

#26 Posted by TheHT (10890 posts) -

what's with all the 8s in chat?

#27 Edited by Lego_My_Eggo (983 posts) -

Cloud services and PS+ for vita.

#28 Edited by Hunter5024 (5544 posts) -

So what did I miss so far? I can't believe I'm spending my night watching a live stream of people playing a stupid wonderbook in untranslated japanese. Why I could be doing philosophy homework right now...... Okay this is better.

#29 Posted by Hailinel (23915 posts) -

@Hunter5024 said:

So what did I miss so far? I can't believe I'm spending my night watching a live stream of people playing a stupid wonderbook in untranslated japanese. Why I could be doing philosophy homework right now...... Okay this is better.

There's a new PS3 extra-slim coming that's even smaller than the slim.

#30 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

Now they are Demoing Rocksmith, WTF

#31 Posted by Freshbandito (654 posts) -

I wonder if Japanese live stream chat's are full of racism, homophobia and rampant sexism being slung around by anti-social youngsters like they are in Western chat???

#32 Posted by Lego_My_Eggo (983 posts) -

looks like some kind of DVR for PS3, hopefully makes its way outside japan.

#33 Posted by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -

@MikkaQ said:

Good now we can all mock Sony for thinking it's okay to release a 12GB console in this day and age.

Wait. Did you guys mock Nintendo about making an 8GB console yet?? Man, I hope I didn't miss that!

#34 Posted by devilzrule27 (1239 posts) -

When was the last time a company announced a price increase for a console? $270 for the base model is a $20 bump from the current base model, unless they are going to keep producing the slim for whatever reason.

#35 Posted by laserbolts (5311 posts) -

Wow I forgot all about Wonderbook. What a ridiculous idea.

#36 Posted by Asurastrike (2162 posts) -

The Vita is dead.

#37 Posted by Boom_goes_the_dynamite (692 posts) -

@Asurastrike said:

The Vita is dead.

Long live the Vita

#38 Posted by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -

@devilzrule27 said:

When was the last time a company announced a price increase for a console? $270 for the base model is a $20 bump from the current base model, unless they are going to keep producing the slim for whatever reason.

It has 90 more gigs then the one they're selling at $250 right now. Sounds like a deal to me.

#39 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

NEW COLORS
#40 Posted by thegoldencat7 (1492 posts) -

I don't really see the point. I though the whole idea was that the super slim would be a budget model to drive sales. It sounds like its actually going to cost more.

#41 Posted by TheHT (10890 posts) -

Wait, what? PSO2 on Vita?!

#42 Posted by devilzrule27 (1239 posts) -

@awesomeusername said:

@devilzrule27 said:

It has 90 more gigs then the one they're selling at $250 right now. Sounds like a deal to me.

The 500 GB model has 180 GBs more then the 300 dollar system they are selling now and will cost exactly the same and will come with AC3.

#43 Posted by JJOR64 (18910 posts) -

@TheHT said:

Wait, what? PSO2 on Vita?!

That's old news. It's been know for a while that it's coming to Vita.

#44 Posted by devilzrule27 (1239 posts) -

@SlightConfuse said:

NEW COLORS

I want all the colors!

Also Soul Sacrifice looks pretty neat.

#45 Posted by devilzrule27 (1239 posts) -

I loved Valhalla Knights.

#46 Posted by TheHT (10890 posts) -

@JJOR64: not known by me. that's great!

also glad to see more valhalla knights. really enjoyed those.

#47 Posted by m1k3 (1325 posts) -

Sweet, Muramasa coming to Vita. Hopefully it gets released in the US.

#48 Posted by Hailinel (23915 posts) -

@m1k3 said:

Sweet, Muramasa coming to Vita. Hopefully it gets released in the US.

More people need to play that game. I support this.

#49 Posted by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -

@devilzrule27 said:

@awesomeusername said:

@devilzrule27 said:

The 500 GB model has 180 GBs more then the 300 dollar system they are selling now and will cost exactly the same and will come with AC3.

Even better then! Also, they are making the Ultra Slim PS3 in white, but it's only selling in Japan. Which makes me think those colored Vita's won't be coming stateside. :(

#50 Posted by devilzrule27 (1239 posts) -

@awesomeusername said:

@devilzrule27 said:

@awesomeusername said:

@devilzrule27 said:

Even better then! Also, they are making the Ultra Slim PS3 in white, but it's only selling in Japan. Which makes me think those colored Vita's won't be coming stateside. :(

Yeah those Vitas have zero chance of coming out over here. Totally sucks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.