Sony: All you Need
Top 10 Trailers/Demos
Sony Bullet Points
- PSP Go! is Sony's new handheld. It will cost $249.99 and be wifi enabled with a 16 GB flash drive. You'll be able to direct download games, movies and TV shows onto the device. It is 40% lighter then the original PSP unit.
- Gran Turismo PSP will be a launch title for the PSP Go!
- Big releases for the PSP Go! include Resident Evil and Metal Gear: Peace Walker. Peace Walker is a true sequel in the Metal Gear franchise and will be set in the 1970s.
- Sony is working on a motion control device that while still in the early stages, looked like it might be stiff competition for Natal.
- God of War III was presented through a gameplay demo that looked pretty epic. Certainly the bloodiest game yet.
- The Last Guardian is a new PS3 game from the maker's of Ico. It includes a Bird/Dog/Rat creature. Hard to explain :)
- Final Fantasy XIV was announced and will feature some online components. It, unlike XIII, will be a Sony exclusive title.
- Assassin's Creed 2 was shown with gameplay. Involved some high flying action in DaVinci's flying machine.
- Rockstar North is working on an exclusive title for the PS3 named Agent. Not much is know.
- You'll be able to download Final Fantasy VII on PSN.
- ModNation Races is a PS3 kart game that allows you to build virtual tracks and share with friends. Think LittleBigPlanet for racing.
- Sony will still continue to support current PSPs.
- An Uncharted 2 trailer was shown. It included a pretty impressive fight with a helicopter.
- MAG was demoed for the second E3 in a row. This time live with a 250 person game being played. It is due "This Fall"
" MAG looks amazing.... that's a sweet demo they did. "
" @OmegaPirate: completely agreed. i think its incredibly how many people they have in the match and how great the gameplay looks. "
" Agreed with everyone on the MAG demo. I thought that was mighty impressive. It looks super deep aswell - like I can't imagine playing this and doing well on my first few matches. It looks like there's a tactical thing going on with it. "
Mag looks pretty wild to me, it's like a full on war sim. Uncharted 2 and GOW were awesome as expected and Modnation looks like cart racing but actually fun!
So excited that GT5 is going to include WRC and Nascar, should mean there's heaps of variety to the title and there was damage ;)
New motion control looked super tight and actually here and now realistic instead of pie in the sky. The only problem for me was the lack of new heavy rain and ratchet info/footage and no release date for the last guardian...
meh...MAG looks amazing? I thought it looked pretty bad tbh :(...sadly.
Uncharted looks amazing. And playing the beta, the MP is fun as hell.
GOW3...bought. Heavy Rain looks like it could be very kewl and different, but I'm still skeptical. I've watched that same scene with the FBI agent like 4 different times and the dev gets all excited saying "OMG OMG don't die!" when you get into the fight with the big dood. Yet I've never seen the scene play out differently. The FBI guy always gets beat up a little and then the badguy gets crushed under the tractor. Thought the scenes were suppose to be more dynamic.
Looking forward to other games like Lost Planet 2 since it is announced for PS3 as well. Also Demon Soul's...waiting on that to come to the US.
Still the most impressive thing I saw was Alan Wake. Cannot wait for that.
i gotta give crazy props to Sony cuz they have the lowest install base, PS3 costs double than the other two systems, and Sony has 3 systems to worry about and STILL they have the same amount if not more games than Tendo and Soft this year. impressive.
so its like all the odds are against Sony but a PS3 owner wouldn't know it. where were other systems like the original Xbox or the Sega Saturn when the odds were against them? game-less, that's where. in NoGame Land where the mayor has a human body and an empty game case for a head and their country's flag logo is a sad kid holding a controller with nothing to play :( and the townfolk go to movies and its 2 hours of a screen saying Disc Slot Empty and they watch it and eat popcorn. and the trailers before the movie are the same and the security guard has a flashlight for people that try to sneak in. its like why does Microfsoft have the same amount of games as Sony when Micro only has one system to deal with and a Qaudrillion dollar budget?
I'm excited about Uncharted 2, heavy Rain, and R&CF: Crack in time oh, and GOW III!
not really into Sony's motion solution as much as I am with Natal. Having said that, they were both impressive.
Thinking really hard as to whether I want a PSP Go. Right now I am saying no.
This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.
Comment and Save
Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.