Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sony Corporation

Company »

Since its 1946 founding, Sony has risen from an innovative Japanese electronics company to one of the leading mass media conglomerates around. Like its movie studio and music biz sister-corps, the SCEI divisions (and the PlayStation family) have been huge successes for Sony and its brand recognition worldwide.

Sony: All you Need

snide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 14

Edited By snide

Here's a handy bullet-point list of all the trailers and announcements coming out of the Sony camp. We'll update this page regularly with the best stuff they release this week. 

Top 10 Trailers/Demos

Sony Bullet Points

• PSP Go! is Sony's new handheld. It will cost $249.99 and be wifi enabled with a 16 GB flash drive. You'll be able to direct download games, movies and TV shows onto the device. It is 40% lighter then the original PSP unit.
    • Gran Turismo PSP will be a launch title for the PSP Go!
    • Big releases for the PSP Go! include Resident Evil and Metal Gear: Peace Walker. Peace Walker is a true sequel in the Metal Gear franchise and will be set in the 1970s.
    • Sony is working on a motion control device that while still in the early stages, looked like it might be stiff competition for Natal.
    • God of War III was presented through a gameplay demo that looked pretty epic. Certainly the bloodiest game yet.
    • The Last Guardian is a new PS3 game from the maker's of Ico. It includes a Bird/Dog/Rat creature. Hard to explain :)
    • Final Fantasy XIV was announced and will feature some online components. It, unlike XIII, will be a Sony exclusive title.
    • Assassin's Creed 2 was shown with gameplay. Involved some high flying action in DaVinci's flying machine.
    • Rockstar North is working on an exclusive title for the PS3 named Agent. Not much is know.
    • You'll be able to download Final Fantasy VII on PSN.
    • ModNation Races is a PS3 kart game that allows you to build virtual tracks and share with friends. Think LittleBigPlanet for racing.
    • Sony will still continue to support current PSPs.
    • An Uncharted 2 trailer was shown. It included a pretty impressive fight with a helicopter.
    • MAG was demoed for the second E3 in a row. This time live with a 250 person game being played. It is due "This Fall"

snide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By snide

Here's a handy bullet-point list of all the trailers and announcements coming out of the Sony camp. We'll update this page regularly with the best stuff they release this week. 

Top 10 Trailers/Demos

Sony Bullet Points

• PSP Go! is Sony's new handheld. It will cost $249.99 and be wifi enabled with a 16 GB flash drive. You'll be able to direct download games, movies and TV shows onto the device. It is 40% lighter then the original PSP unit.
    • Gran Turismo PSP will be a launch title for the PSP Go!
    • Big releases for the PSP Go! include Resident Evil and Metal Gear: Peace Walker. Peace Walker is a true sequel in the Metal Gear franchise and will be set in the 1970s.
    • Sony is working on a motion control device that while still in the early stages, looked like it might be stiff competition for Natal.
    • God of War III was presented through a gameplay demo that looked pretty epic. Certainly the bloodiest game yet.
    • The Last Guardian is a new PS3 game from the maker's of Ico. It includes a Bird/Dog/Rat creature. Hard to explain :)
    • Final Fantasy XIV was announced and will feature some online components. It, unlike XIII, will be a Sony exclusive title.
    • Assassin's Creed 2 was shown with gameplay. Involved some high flying action in DaVinci's flying machine.
    • Rockstar North is working on an exclusive title for the PS3 named Agent. Not much is know.
    • You'll be able to download Final Fantasy VII on PSN.
    • ModNation Races is a PS3 kart game that allows you to build virtual tracks and share with friends. Think LittleBigPlanet for racing.
    • Sony will still continue to support current PSPs.
    • An Uncharted 2 trailer was shown. It included a pretty impressive fight with a helicopter.
    • MAG was demoed for the second E3 in a row. This time live with a 250 person game being played. It is due "This Fall"

crunchmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By crunchmonkey

Also confirmed: Fat Princess on PSP plus Lost Planet on PS3 available same day as 360 and PC versions.

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Player1

Thanks snide

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By OmegaPirate

Cheers for the round ups Dave- youve really gone above and beyond with all this reporting :) Have a +1 and a cookie!

Wright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Wright

Dave is a machine

coonce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By coonce

MAG looks amazing.... that's a sweet demo they did.

TOYBOXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By TOYBOXX

Sony had an impressive showing of games. And because of that they stole the show, in my opinion. Let's just say that my 360 will be collecting dust for the most part of 2009.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By OmegaPirate
    @coonce said:
    " MAG looks amazing.... that's a sweet demo they did. "
    Doesnt it!!! Im kinda tempted to see whether this works back towards pc platforms though  -i mean the pc online gaming infrastructure is much more suited to this kind of thing - maybe after seeing the risk/success of MAG maybe we'll see similar scale on the pc?
    coonce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By coonce
    @OmegaPirate: completely agreed. i think its incredibly how many people they have in the match and how great the gameplay looks.
    OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By OmegaPirate
    @coonce said:
    " @OmegaPirate: completely agreed. i think its incredibly how many people they have in the match and how great the gameplay looks. "
    Indeed :D 

I mean admittedly, there are a lot better looking titles out this gen - especially in the FPS department -but i'll be goddamned if they manage to pack this much strategy- polish and style into a game featuring a stupendous amount of players 

Although i feel a little unnerved by everyones staple fear with this title- even in halo, Killzone or call of duty- one laggy guy can kill a feel good game - god i hope the netcode is up to scratch for this
    Trnck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Trnck

I wonder why not many media make lists like this, I like it.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By get2sammyb

Agreed with everyone on the MAG demo. I thought that was mighty impressive. It looks super deep aswell - like I can't imagine playing this and doing well on my first few matches. It looks like there's a tactical thing going on with it.

zupahanz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By zupahanz
    @Dave Snidersaid:
    " The Last Guardian is a new PS3 game from the maker's of Ico. It includes a Bird/Dog/Rat creature. Hard to explain :) "
    its a F'ing GRIFFIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FCKSNAP

I was so hoping they'd announce/put out AdHoc party for the US at the very least. I mean, that goes hand-in-hand with the PSPGo! announcement, and all the games they showed had some AdHoc multiplayer.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By OmegaPirate
    @get2sammyb said:
    " Agreed with everyone on the MAG demo. I thought that was mighty impressive. It looks super deep aswell - like I can't imagine playing this and doing well on my first few matches. It looks like there's a tactical thing going on with it. "
    Day 1 purchase for me buddy -we'll help eachother through it :D
    Nyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Nyro

Sony had a lot of cool stuff but, the show sorta felt a little disorganized and sloppy. But overall all cool stuff, definitely looking forward to getting a PS3.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#17  Edited By LordAndrew

A few points:

• ModNation Racers is currently named incorrectly as ModNation Races. I requested a rename yesterday, but it has not yet been performed. Maybe you could do it and then fix your link.
    • Final Fantasy XIV's link goes to the Final Fantasy IV page.
    snide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By snide
    @LordAndrew: As usual your attention to detail is impressive. Fixed.
    Avatar image for disabilityfishy
    DisAbiLityFisHy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DisAbiLityFisHy

Great Conference this year from Sony, in ReTarDedFisHy's opinion.

gunslingerNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By gunslingerNZ

Mag looks pretty wild to me, it's like a full on war sim. Uncharted 2 and GOW were awesome as expected and Modnation looks like cart racing but actually fun!

So excited that GT5 is going to include WRC and Nascar, should mean there's heaps of variety to the title and there was damage ;)

New motion control looked super tight and actually here and now realistic instead of pie in the sky. The only problem for me was the lack of new heavy rain and ratchet info/footage and no release date for the last guardian...

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Kohe321

Sony was great this year!

RenegadeSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By RenegadeSaint

The Sony motion controls looked like they work quite well, but I can't help feel that it's basically the same thing as Wii Motion Plus.  I'm excited to see how it pans out, but I remain skeptical.

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Media_Master

I want to actually touch the GO

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By handlas

meh...MAG looks amazing?  I thought it looked pretty bad tbh :(...sadly.

Uncharted looks amazing.  And playing the beta, the MP is fun as hell.

GOW3...bought.  Heavy Rain looks like it could be very kewl and different, but I'm still skeptical.  I've watched that same scene with the FBI agent like 4 different times and the dev gets all excited saying "OMG OMG don't die!" when you get into the fight with the big dood.  Yet I've never seen the scene play out differently.  The FBI guy always gets beat up a little and then the badguy gets crushed under the tractor.  Thought the scenes were suppose to be more dynamic.

Looking forward to other games like Lost Planet 2 since it is announced for PS3 as well.  Also Demon Soul's...waiting on that to come to the US.

Still the most impressive thing I saw was Alan Wake.  Cannot wait for that.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#25  Edited By Xeiphyer
    @Snapstacle: Ah good call! I had forgotten about adhoc party, Definitely would have been a nice announcement, I've gotten decent at using the japanese one but its still rather annoying sometimes, not to mention a total pain to download. They could have totally said they were launching ad hoc party as a new feature to launch with the PSP Go! and made a big deal over it or something.. Its still pretty unknown so people would eat that shit up.
    JukeboxJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By JukeboxJoe

I can't find anything that I'm not looking forward to. Going to get all the previous GOW games and get ready for 3.

'As expected, that guy was a pushover' cracked me up

RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#27  Edited By RedSox8933

Greg Kasavin is my hero.

Duckbutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Duckbutter

i gotta give crazy props to Sony cuz they have the lowest install base, PS3 costs double than the other two systems, and Sony has 3 systems to worry about and STILL they have the same amount if not more games than Tendo and Soft this year. impressive.

so its like all the odds are against Sony but a PS3 owner wouldn't know it. where were other systems like the original Xbox or the Sega Saturn when the odds were against them? game-less, that's where. in NoGame Land where the mayor has a human body and an empty game case for a head and their country's flag logo is a sad kid holding a controller with nothing to play :( and the townfolk go to movies and its 2 hours of a screen saying Disc Slot Empty and they watch it and eat popcorn. and the trailers before the movie are the same and the security guard has a flashlight for people that try to sneak in. its like why does Microfsoft have the same amount of games as Sony when Micro only has one system to deal with and a Qaudrillion dollar budget?

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Ineedaname

Jeff just seems to take digs at Brad =D

lasafrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By lasafrog

Man that was awesome seeing Jeff and Greg in the same frame. Good ol' days.....

GreatFunStuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By GreatFunStuff
    @Godlyawesomeguy said:
    "We love you, Greg! (come to giantbomb please) "

yeah, f that. would ruin the whole Giant Bomb vibe.
    TheGr3mliin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TheGr3mliin

is Gb the t-rex or the bear

Avatar image for deactivated-62acf8675bf9a
    deactivated-62acf8675bf9a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mag looks cool is it still gonna be subscription based
    i hope so i want server quality
    and i would love if greg came to giantbomb

radion_null

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By radion_null

I'm excited about Uncharted 2, heavy Rain, and R&CF: Crack in time  oh, and GOW III!

not really into Sony's motion solution as much as I am with Natal. Having said that, they were both impressive.

Thinking really hard as to whether I want a PSP Go. Right now I am saying no.

Siphillis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

#37  Edited By Siphillis
    Small typo: "Rockstar North is working on an exclusive title for the PS3 named Agent. Not much is know."

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.