Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sony Corporation

Company »

Since its 1946 founding, Sony has risen from an innovative Japanese electronics company to one of the leading mass media conglomerates around. Like its movie studio and music biz sister-corps, the SCEI divisions (and the PlayStation family) have been huge successes for Sony and its brand recognition worldwide.

Sony Just Patented My Mug

JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 34

#1  Edited By JackiJinx

Siliconera just reported on a new patent from Sony that looks remarkably similar to Natal, with a small twist: it uses household objects as the controller instead of yourself.

While not radically different from Natal, this patent incorporates the use of a tangible item such as drinking apparatus or War and Peace, something many fans have been criticizing Natal for lacking. 

There are several diagrams on the website, but this one is my favorite so far. Using Plastic U Shaped Object 102 as a bowling ball really does it for me.

No Caption Provided

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Player1

I was under the impression, that in natel, you could pick up a pool stick and play with that if you wanted to. Remember when the kid scanned his skateboard in and used it? 

So if what I say is true, then sony is going to look very dumb with this. 
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By JJOR64

So can I use a real chainsaw to kill some fake zombies?  That would be awesome.

KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By KingBroly

I think they're patenting 4D with this.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @JJOR64 said:
    " So can I use a real chainsaw to kill some fake zombies?  That would be awesome. "
    No you can use a plastic horse shoe looking piece of crap and act like its a chainsaw. If Sony follows through with this patent I will be very surprised. Often companies just throw out patents to cover themselves as early as possible though, and the final products never surface. I hope that's the case here.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.