Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sony Corporation

Company »

Since its 1946 founding, Sony has risen from an innovative Japanese electronics company to one of the leading mass media conglomerates around. Like its movie studio and music biz sister-corps, the SCEI divisions (and the PlayStation family) have been huge successes for Sony and its brand recognition worldwide.

Sony Stock Downgraded to Junk Status - Finally!

• 106 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#101  Edited By ThePickle

@Colourful_Hippie said:

Collusion!

This can't happen!

ki11tank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 8

#102  Edited By ki11tank

@KaosAngel said:

@ki11tank said:

it's legit proper business, but can be a problem for consumers as big companies monopolize their industries and slow innovation by eliminating competition, been that way forever.

But that hasn't been the case with the major players in technology. No one is slowing innovation at all, they're all pushing for more and buying up all the things they predict will be standard in the future. It's safe.

Technology is still advancing at a rapid rate. If anything the data distributors are slowing things down but that'll be fixed in a couple years with Google going into internet services. At the end of the day, the technology companies are on the same side to push as much as they can for a future and they'll keep fighting the idiots who try to control it in service providers and internet regulations.

that thinking is narrow though. while it may not be happening now it always can and has in many businesses. one could even argue it has happened with apple. apple sells some massively over priced stuff with few upgrades on a schedule where they know exactly how little progress needs to be made to get sales numbers. if not for android that's all we'd have, and who's to say android/google doesn't follow apple. look at the changes with microsoft over the past 20 years. sony going down even where they are at now is a really hard place to get that kind of name recognition, if they turned out one amazing product that could get them on the top of that sector and people would totally buy it. a good product by kimisutzu or whatever the fuck wouldn't. my entire point again, was that we should want sony to improve rather than fail like some 12 year old that doesn't live in reality but an angered childish state.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#103  Edited By EVO

Man, first that guy that cleaned his ear with a match and now this?

yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 4

#104  Edited By yetiantics

Man, OP must had the biggest hardon while reading that.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#105  Edited By RE_Player1

@KaosAngel said:

The Sony corporation has finally got their stock value downgraded to junk.

A kick well deserved seeing as this company has done nothing for gaming or even the electronics industry for the past five years.

Their junk status stock goes into full affect soon and hopefully they go down for good.

What say you guys?

Link and Proof

I say troll.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#106  Edited By MetalGearSunny

At least Sony is trying to come back from their mistakes in the past with the regarding the PS3. Look at Playstation Plus. I wish people would realize that the value for PS Plus in comparison on XBL is large. I would actually consider paying for PS Plus, at least I'll get my money's worth, as for XBL, I get the ability to play games with racist 12 year olds, access to Netflix when I could just use it on my PS3 anyway (FOR FREE), and Internet Explorer.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#107  Edited By ZombiePie

The Giant Bomb forums will never be the place for System Wars-esque forum topics meant to denigrate or belittle platforms, consumers or any part of gaming. This is a clear stipulation detailed on our Forum Rules and for this reason this thread is being locked.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.