Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sony Corporation

Company »

Since its 1946 founding, Sony has risen from an innovative Japanese electronics company to one of the leading mass media conglomerates around. Like its movie studio and music biz sister-corps, the SCEI divisions (and the PlayStation family) have been huge successes for Sony and its brand recognition worldwide.

Sony's Playstation Experience 2105 announced (it's in SF)

Fushichou187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Sony announced on their blog that this year's Playstation Experience event will be at the Moscone Center here in San Francisco during the weekend of December 5th & 6th. Early bird tickets are at $60 for both days currently.

[Link to registration page]

Last year's show in Vegas looked like a lot of fun and I know I would've had a blast at that No Man's Sky after-hours live show with 65daysofstatic. I'm hoping for something similarly unique this year. Mostly, I'm positive they'll have Morpheus fully represented at this show and the chance to finally get some hands-on time with it is worth the price of entry for me alone.

Any SF or Bay Area duders think they might be stopping by this event? Any potential announcements or game demos you're particularly excited about?

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I hope they continue with the various panels they livestreamed. I remember the Diablo 3 one in particular being pretty good, and actually selling me on the game.

Avatar image for shadowknight508
    ShadowKnight508

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By ShadowKnight508

Well, that makes it a much more reasonable (and likely) trip for me, since SF is a 4-hour drive away compared to a 12-hour drive or 2 hour flight to Las Vegas. Perhaps if I can get some time off from work those two days I will head down to attend. I have a strong feeling that Uncharted 4 will be featured at the event, so it would be cool to see all of the stuff in person.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By FLStyle

Capcom Cup 2015! Makes a whole bunch of sense for PlayStation Experience 2015 to host it. Hot USFIV action and no doubt another SFV character reveal.

Fushichou187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flstyle said:

Capcom Cup 2015! Makes a whole bunch of sense for PlayStation Experience 2015 to host it. Hot USFIV action and no doubt another SFV character reveal.

Not a super fighting game fan in the least but I'm really curious to check this out as well. Wonder if Jason will be sneaking about?

I hope they continue with the various panels they livestreamed. I remember the Diablo 3 one in particular being pretty good, and actually selling me on the game.

Agreed! Ones like "Storytelling in Video Games" and "The Art of Creating Surprise and Discovery in Games" were some of my favorites from last year. TBH I'd probably rather stream a panel discussion than be locked into a chair for the duration, but I'm sure there'll be some I get plenty excited about.

m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

They might not talk over the keynote since it's during the weekend, same as last year.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

@flstyle said:

Not a super fighting game fan in the least but I'm really curious to check this out as well. Wonder if Jason will be sneaking about?

If he can get away from new dad duties!

Fushichou187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m1k3 said:

They might not talk over the keynote since it's during the weekend, same as last year.

Perhaps not, but I'd be surprised if they didn't do something considering it's here in SF.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do they talk about how near they are to the real Battlefield 2142?

It should be a really good time to show of Morpheus like you say. I keep forgetting that those things are supposed to land this year. Maybe some Persona talk!

Maybe some more Last Guardian info.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

@paulmako: I didn't think any morpheus stuff was actually coming to retail this year is it? is it?

Really curious about this year's show since the last one was a bit of a surprise so far as worthwhile news/content goes. Great panels.

imrichhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paulmako: I can't wait for more Persona 5 info, but isn't it still supposed to come out this year? Hoping for a release date at TGS

bceagles128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@paulmako: I didn't think any morpheus stuff was actually coming to retail this year is it? is it?

Really curious about this year's show since the last one was a bit of a surprise so far as worthwhile news/content goes. Great panels.

No, morpheus and the rift are both 2016

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Anyone else going? I'm considering it right now, as the flights+hotels+PSX tickets are ~600 from out of Wichita. Trying to figure out what portion of GB folks would be there.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm unlikely to live that long. P.S. Don't change the title so that joke still flies.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By ShaggE

Glad they're doing it again. It's nice to have a conference in December to watch. I'm personally hoping that we see more of Dreams. I'm way too excited about that weird thing. (and imagine if it has Morpheus support... *drools*)

Fushichou187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shindig said:

I'm unlikely to live that long. P.S. Don't change the title so that joke still flies.

wtf lol can't believe I didn't catch that haha of course it'll stay.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.