People bitch about SOE's donation to haiti

#1 Posted by PufferFiz (1379 posts) -
Read some of the comments on this kotaku story

I can't believe that people would complain about someone making a donation. Will 25k be able to solve the problem, no. But it is enough to feed a few hundred people for a few weeks, or giving people shelter as their homes where destroyed. Honestly Haiti is not entitled to any money from SOE, But SOE got a campaign going and raised some money to help people, And this is the thanks they get?
#2 Edited by Karmum (11519 posts) -

SOE is not Sony. SOE is a subsidiary of Sony. They own SOE, but it isn't Sony. I'm sure Sony as a whole has donated more. A smaller part of Sony raising money, no matter the amount, is still impressive.

You know, companies don't have to donate to these kind of disasters. It isn't mandatory, and a subsidiary of Sony doesn't have, I don't know, millions to hand out of their pockets.

#3 Edited by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

I wonder how much those people complaining donated.

#4 Posted by PufferFiz (1379 posts) -
@Karmum said:
" SOE is not Sony. SOE is a subsidiary of Sony. They own SOE, but it isn't Sony. I'm sure Sony as a whole has donated more. A smaller part of Sony raising money, no matter the amount, is still impressive.

You know, companies don't have to donate to these kind of disasters. It isn't mandatory, and a subsidiary of Sony doesn't have, I don't know, millions to hand out of their pockets. "
I DO know all of that, That is what I was trying to say.
#5 Posted by MAN_FLANNEL (2462 posts) -

ok. 

#6 Edited by Karmum (11519 posts) -
@PufferFiz said:

" @Karmum said:

" SOE is not Sony. SOE is a subsidiary of Sony. They own SOE, but it isn't Sony. I'm sure Sony as a whole has donated more. A smaller part of Sony raising money, no matter the amount, is still impressive.

You know, companies don't have to donate to these kind of disasters. It isn't mandatory, and a subsidiary of Sony doesn't have, I don't know, millions to hand out of their pockets. "

I DO know all of that, That is what I was trying to say. "
I'm responding to the comments in your link. I'm aware that you're against those comments. I think I edited the part out saying that is what I had to say to those people.

Tis' my bad.
#7 Edited by FrankCanada97 (4039 posts) -

Apparently, people need more than just good intentions in order to be recognized as a good Samaritan.

#8 Posted by PufferFiz (1379 posts) -
@Karmum said:
" @PufferFiz said:

" @Karmum said:

I DO know all of that, That is what I was trying to say. "
I'm responding to the comments in your link. I'm aware that you're against those comments. I think I edited the part out saying that is what I had to say to those people.  Tis' my bad. "
Ah ok, sorry!
#9 Edited by Gabriel (4061 posts) -

That is really depressing to see people bitch when a company gives money,  Fuck people.

#10 Posted by Andorski (5268 posts) -

People need to look down at others in order to fill their daily morality gauges.  See people in Haiti suffering but doing crap about it?  Better critique someone else about the situation so it feels like you are doing something.

#11 Posted by Bellum (2944 posts) -
@FrankCanada97 said:
" Apparently, people need more than just good intentions in order to be recognized as a good Samaritan. "

And more than $25,000 as well, apparently.
#12 Edited by Cazamalos (983 posts) -
@ryanwho said:

" I wonder how much those people complaining donated. "

this @Gabriel said:

" That is really depressing to see people bitch when a company gives money,  Fuck people. "

no need to say more
#13 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -

I don't see Microsoft doing anything.

#14 Posted by LiquidS (971 posts) -

Redonkulous!

#15 Posted by TomA (2531 posts) -

Its good that they are giving, but it does seem like when Corporations give money, its sometimes to get publicity. But whatever, the stuff is getting there and the people in Haiti don't care about the press the corporation gets cause they don't even know what the corporation is. Although i think a more organized effort right away would have been nice, i mean god the US military has so many fucking resources, put it to good use.

#16 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -

Fuck, what a bunch of losers. I hope all of them donated at least $25,000.01.

Sony can never get a break from jerks. Oh well.

#17 Posted by mordukai (7150 posts) -
@ryanwho said:
I'm gonna go with...zero.
#18 Posted by Snail (8594 posts) -

Dude, at least they care, right? Totally agree with you.

#19 Posted by natetodamax (19191 posts) -
@TheMustacheHero said:
" I don't see Microsoft doing anything. "
You really think Microsoft would give away money?
#20 Posted by Adamantium (885 posts) -

Assholes. Just proof that fanboys need to be eradicated from the face of the earth. The same website ran a story about Bungie raising relief money for Haiti, and 90% of every XBOX fanboy comes out to praise them and suck their dick saying how great they are. Man I f*****g hate two-faced fanboy assholes like that.

Sucks for Haiti, I'm glad to see that some corporations are sending money there, no matter how much they send or how much they advertise that they're doing so. Plenty of armchair commentators are rabblerousing and talking mad shit while they do f***-all about the situation. Warms your heart, doesn't it?

#21 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -
@natetodamax said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:
You really think Microsoft would give away money? "
Exactly my point.
#22 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@TheMustacheHero said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:
Exactly my point. "
Yup, that's why in 2008 Microsoft donated $1.3 million across 10 different charities.
#23 Posted by natetodamax (19191 posts) -
@CL60 said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:
Exactly my point. "
Yup, that's why in 2008 Microsoft donated $1.3 million across 10 different charities. "
Well excuse my ignorance.
#24 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

Lets not turn this into a Microsoft vs Sony debate about which donates more to charity or which should donate more. Fact of the matter is SOE donated a reasonable sum and we should appreciate the fact they did, they didn't have to and yet they still did make a contribution. Like the saying goes, all contributions are greatly received no matter how big or small.

As for the ignorant comments on that Kotaku article (a pleasant surprise from the ignorance usually found in articles on that site) it's to be expected. Not everyone is as understanding as we'd like them to be.

#25 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -
@CL60 said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:
Exactly my point. "
Yup, that's why in 2008 Microsoft donated $1.3 million across 10 different charities. "
Oh ho ho. But did they give any money to Haiti??!?!?!?!?
#26 Posted by MAN_FLANNEL (2462 posts) -
@TheMustacheHero said:
" @CL60 said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:
Exactly my point. "
Oh ho ho. But did they give any money to Haiti??!?!?!?!? "
Just 1.25 million dollars.
#27 Posted by natetodamax (19191 posts) -
@MAN_FLANNEL said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:
" @CL60 said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:
Exactly my point. "
Just 1.25 million dollars. "
Oh shi---
#28 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -

Holy fuck guys come on are we really bringing this thread into MS vs. Sony donating to Haiti? For fuck sakes can you guys put away the e-penises.

#29 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -
@MAN_FLANNEL said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:
" @CL60 said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:
Exactly my point. "
OH LAWD!
#30 Posted by PufferFiz (1379 posts) -
@Hamz said:
" L As for the ignorant comments on that Kotaku article (a pleasant surprise from the ignorance usually found in articles on that site) it's to be expected.  "
DOHOHOH
#31 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -
@ryanwho said:
#32 Posted by SBYM (1219 posts) -

Those heartless bastards. Fuck SOE and their unacceptable donation of money! How dare!

#33 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@MAN_FLANNEL said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:
" @CL60 said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:
Exactly my point. "
hahhhhhaah
#34 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -

Thread delivers.

On a side note at least they gave something. If they'd not donated anything no one would have said anything either way.

#35 Posted by crystalskull2 (437 posts) -

Well, son of bitches will bitch about everything. That's the way of world.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.