Sony Online Outlines 'Make Good' Plan to MMO Subscribers, More to Come

• 53 results
Posted by Alex (1973 posts) -

In an effort to satisfy subscribers that suddenly found themselves unable to play their favorite MMOs, and were, perhaps, a bit raw over the handling of the messaging regarding the breach of customer information on its network, Sony Online Entertainment has announced an initial plan to offer customers some free services across its stable of MMO titles.

From a press release issued last night:

Night Owl?

SOE will grant customers 30 days of additional time on their subscriptions, in addition to compensating them one day for each day the system is down. It is also in the process of outlining a "make good" plan for its PlayStation3 MMOs (DC Universe Online and Free Realms). More information will be released this week.

In addition to the 30 free days across all titles, SOE announced via the game's Facebook page that DC Universe Online players all shall receive "Batman-inspired" masks for their trouble.

So, do you feel satisfied yet?
Staff
#1 Posted by Alex (1973 posts) -

In an effort to satisfy subscribers that suddenly found themselves unable to play their favorite MMOs, and were, perhaps, a bit raw over the handling of the messaging regarding the breach of customer information on its network, Sony Online Entertainment has announced an initial plan to offer customers some free services across its stable of MMO titles.

From a press release issued last night:

Night Owl?

SOE will grant customers 30 days of additional time on their subscriptions, in addition to compensating them one day for each day the system is down. It is also in the process of outlining a "make good" plan for its PlayStation3 MMOs (DC Universe Online and Free Realms). More information will be released this week.

In addition to the 30 free days across all titles, SOE announced via the game's Facebook page that DC Universe Online players all shall receive "Batman-inspired" masks for their trouble.

So, do you feel satisfied yet?
Staff
#2 Posted by modeps (96 posts) -

Good for them.

#3 Posted by aterangelus (25 posts) -

no

#4 Edited by Guild_Master (250 posts) -

Lest see

edit:  No
#5 Posted by knownspace (85 posts) -

Servers full of Batman!

#6 Posted by jNerd (2011 posts) -

Nice masks...

#7 Posted by Cameron (595 posts) -

Let's be honest, no one's favorite MMO is made by SOE.

#8 Posted by Commisar123 (1790 posts) -

gee guess what Sony I still don't want to play DCU

#9 Posted by NeilRapalee (134 posts) -

You know if Sony sent me a real one of these so I could wear it to work then maybe I would think about some time in the future giving them more money.

#10 Posted by MeatSim (10772 posts) -

I want to be Batman not someone who kind of looks like Batman.

#11 Posted by RIDEBIRD (1230 posts) -
@Cameron: I'd say WoW is my favorite of all time, but SWG (before it got raped to oblivion) and Planetside aren't far from that spot. Still have some love in my heart for those two excellent games.

Of course everything they've made ever since has been quite shit, starting with aforementioned rape. Hoping Planetside Next can correct that.
#12 Posted by crusader8463 (14414 posts) -
@Meatsim said:
" I want to be Batman not someone who kind of looks like Batman. "
Then play one of the Batman games. Not that complicated.
#13 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

The Make good pla nshould have been to remake DCU so that it is good.

#14 Posted by AmericanNinja (157 posts) -

Yep I am happy with this.

#15 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7613 posts) -

What about my Clone Wars Adventures subscription?

#16 Posted by Skullomania (135 posts) -

I'm always inspired by Batman.

#17 Posted by Hailinel (23927 posts) -

Busted Online, Have Batman.

#18 Posted by PKHilson (205 posts) -

ALL IS FORGIVEN!!

:(
#19 Posted by Spiritof (2022 posts) -

This isn't The Matrix Online reboot I was hoping for.

#20 Posted by craigbo180 (1739 posts) -

Batman masks hey...

all is forgiven.
#21 Posted by buft (3301 posts) -

the compensation plan is stupid, i no longer have my PS3 but my identity and credit card information where held on their server, i get squat and the people who this affected more got not much more.

#22 Posted by Crono (2640 posts) -

I won't settle until I get a real Batman mask.

#23 Posted by Vexxan (4615 posts) -

B4TM4N!

#24 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

is it me or is the caption for this article fucking brilliant ?

#25 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic: It's not just you.
#26 Posted by Davvyk (693 posts) -

Nothing like an item that the whole player base also has to make me feel special...

#27 Posted by Nokterian (61 posts) -

No sony you shattered our believe in thrust to give you my personal information and with that i salute you for not doing so and also not buying future products since my personal information is on the street.

#28 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

Sony will have to pay for my medical expenses/fines when I go out and dress up as a knock-off Batman and act as a vigilante in real life since I can't get my online fix!

Then I'll be satisfied
#29 Posted by Sayishere (1838 posts) -

b4tm4n

#30 Posted by QKT (249 posts) -

i like how psn gets a game and free stuff (through PS+) and all people get here is an in-game item that probably wont suit 90% of their characters, and that everyone has.

#31 Posted by MrAristocrates (194 posts) -

I legitimately don't understand this. I mean, it's a nice mask, but... bizarre.

#32 Posted by benjaminajacobs (9 posts) -

I would maybe be happy with this if maybe I didn't already buy a Lifetime Subscription to this MMO.

#33 Posted by lacke (360 posts) -

So does this mean that old non-subscribing customers get 30 days? If so, I would love to check out the current state of SWG.

#34 Posted by JohnPaulVann (209 posts) -

Stop hating on Sony, people. I'm starting to suspect all the negativity is just thinly veiled race hate.

#35 Posted by McShank (1629 posts) -
@buft said:
" the compensation plan is stupid, i no longer have my PS3 but my identity and credit card information where held on their server, i get squat and the people who this affected more got not much more. "
If you don't own a PS3 anymore then they why would you get anything? What has happened to you from all of this? Nothing. And everyone who has a ps3 atm will be compensated for the downtime in some way. No free internet game for 2 weeks is not that bad.
#36 Posted by JohnPaulVann (209 posts) -
@McShank said:
" @buft said:
" the compensation plan is stupid, i no longer have my PS3 but my identity and credit card information where held on their server, i get squat and the people who this affected more got not much more. "
If you don't own a PS3 anymore then they why would you get anything? What has happened to you from all of this? Nothing. And everyone who has a ps3 atm will be compensated for the downtime in some way. No free internet game for 2 weeks is not that bad. "
Gee, I guess you think identity theft isn't a big deal. Wait till somebody snags your social security number and maybe you'll think different.
#37 Posted by caryrabbit (78 posts) -

what a joke

#38 Posted by Milkman (16535 posts) -

"Look, we're trying here. Just...please...here! Take this Batman-inspired mask! Just take it!"

#39 Posted by Jayzilla (2555 posts) -
@Cameron said:
" Let's be honest, no one's favorite MMO is made by SOE. "
/thread?
#40 Posted by MrAristocrates (194 posts) -
@JohnPaulVann:  He's not using their service anymore. He has no way and no right to collect compensation.
#41 Posted by JohnPaulVann (209 posts) -
@MrAristocrates said:
" @JohnPaulVann:  He's not using their service anymore. He has no way and no right to collect compensation. "
Why the fuck does it matter if he's using the service? When he did use the service he did so under the reasonable presumption that his personal data would not be leaked. Under your rule, if, say, your former psychiatrist decided to leak the contents of your consultations then you would not have any "way or right" to collect compensation. That's batshit crazy (it's also not the law in the US).
#42 Posted by Coldbrand (215 posts) -

Oh wow, a fake mask in a game for exposing their credit card information? Truly you are Saints Sony. Bless your hearts.

#43 Posted by MrAristocrates (194 posts) -
@JohnPaulVann said:
" @MrAristocrates said:
" @JohnPaulVann:  He's not using their service anymore. He has no way and no right to collect compensation. "
Why the fuck does it matter if he's using the service? When he did use the service he did so under the reasonable presumption that his personal data would not be leaked. Under your rule, if, say, your former psychiatrist decided to leak the contents of your consultations then you would not have any "way or right" to collect compensation. That's batshit crazy (it's also not the law in the US). "
That's not the same. You can remove a credit card number, and Sony didn't willfully give up anything, so your analogy doesn't work. He can't collect compensation because he doesn't use the service through which they're giving the rewards. If he was smart, he would have removed his info when he stopped using the service. Nothing is impenetrable.
#44 Posted by gordjt (34 posts) -

I wonder if the "1 day for each day the system is down" counts towards the SOE servers which were taken down a few days ago, or the PSN servers which have been out a couple weeks.

#45 Posted by NinjaTard (151 posts) -

Not good enough...I have a lifetime membership, do they plan to give me a super drug that keeps me alive for exactly the number of days they were offline? A mask, really? Maybe if it was a real mask then it would be a start but all in all this game hasn't delivered on it's promises as it is and now it's offline and unplayable while they offer up a piece of in game gear? Screw that noise!

I am just pissed at Sony and at whoever was responsible, it's ridiculous the mess this crap has created.

#46 Posted by Xpgamer7 (2377 posts) -

I feel like they had a bunch of failed batman masks and needed to get rid of them.

#47 Posted by ProfessorEss (7281 posts) -

I'll give it to Sony on this one.
Free mask. That is absolutely hilarious.

#48 Posted by steelknight2000 (433 posts) -

So....the Joker did it?

#49 Posted by PenguinDust (12453 posts) -

Finally, a chance to be Jamaican Batman;  BatMON

#50 Posted by eccentrix (1505 posts) -

Nice work on the tagline for this story.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.