Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Daybreak Games

Company »

Daybreak Games, formerly known as Sony Online Entertainment, is best known for their popular MMOs such as EverQuest, DC Universe Online, and PlanetSide. In 2020, Daybreak Games split into three separate development studios while the publishing side remained known as Daybreak Games.

Sony's problems not over yet, apparently

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By imsh_pl

According to the reports of a japanese site Nikkei.com over 12,700 credit card numbers were stolen as the result of a security breach of Sony Online Entertainment. The site claims the possible attack took place on Sunday, but Sony has yet to issue a statement confirming that customer information has been lost.

Sony Online Entertainment servers were taken offline earlier today.

Sources:
    GiantBomb:  http://www.giantbomb.com/news/bad-news-all-sony-online-games-taken-offline-due-to-that-whole-external-intrusion-thing/3110/
    Joystiq:  http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/02/sony-hit-with-second-attack-loses-12-700-credit-card-nu/
    BGR: http://www.bgr.com/2011/05/02/sony-suffers-another-major-security-breach/

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By AhmadMetallic

is it me or does this mark the demise of the Playstation ?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    News

The fate of everyone's credit card information remains the thorniest issue. Sony admitted at its press conference roughly 10 million credit cards were exposed--a significant number

So yes they did admit that was exposed. 
    PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By PerryVandell

Hopefully Sony gets their shit together--fast.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Azteck
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " is it me or does this mark the demise of the Playstation ? "
    Not the demise, but they'll be in for a whole fucking lot of trouble if these reports are true.
    imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By imsh_pl
    @The_Laughing_Man: I'm pretty sure that the line you're quoting refers to the Playstation Network security breach. However, the 12,700 credit cards numbers are said to be stolen from another online service, Sony Online Entertainment. I'm pretty sure that Sony has not yet confirmed the second leak.

Please do correct me if I'm wrong, though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.