Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sorcery

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released May 22, 2012

Play a sorcerer's apprentice in this Playstation Move exclusive, Sorcery turns the Move into a real magic wand and has you performing various motions to cast spells.

Wait, Sorcery is coming out this week??!!

nohthink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By nohthink

I thought Sorcery looked pretty cool and interesting enough when they first revealed it at E3(what was it, 2010?)

Since then, there were a couple of articles saying "this is coming out!!" just to remind us that Sorcery was still a thing.

Sadly, I feel like Sony is throwing this game under a truck... Not even a single ad or any marketing efforts that I have noticed. Demond's Quest probably had more marketing than Sorcery.

Maybe because I'm a huge Harry Potter fan(yeap, I said it) but I thought this game was what Harry Potter game should have been and that was interesting enough to get me.

I have been consumed by Diablo 3 though so I'll have to pass on this game(or multiple games for that matter) but it makes me sad that a game that had some promising and potentials going without anybody really noticing.

IGN did review it and they gave 7.5. Base on the video, it looks aiite. Thoughts?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#2  Edited By Hailinel

As a Harry Potter fan myself, I can't say that I was all that interested in a game that looks more or less like off-brand Potter. It also doesn't make Sony look particularly confident in the gam'e quality when they release it with zero fanfare in the shadow of a major release like Diablo III.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Winternet

I miss E2. Much better than this E3 crap we have nowadays.

nohthink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By nohthink

@Winternet: lol Crap, my bad. I did not even notice it. I fixed it now!

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By RVonE

@Winternet said:

I miss E2. Much better than this E3 crap we have nowadays.

I heard they're retooling E3 to be more like the E2 of yore but better. They might even upgrade their name to E4 to express this shift. Because 4 is twice 2.

EDIT: ahhhh, don't fix it! :(

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#6  Edited By jacksukeru

How about a Launch Trailer,

And some gameplay?

It has a neat idea, but even if I did have more than a passing interest in it I'm not gonna get a Move just to play it.

nohthink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By nohthink

@RockmanBionics said:

How about a Launch Trailer,

And some gameplay.

It has a neat idea, but even if I did have more than a passing interest in it I'm not gonna get a move just to play it.

I thought this would be the game that would convince and give me an excuse to get a Move lol

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#8  Edited By Mnemoidian

Between this and Datura, I feel I should probably get back the Move wand I borrowed to a friend more than a year ago... pretty much the reason I got Move to begin with (and that really turned out to be a GREAT idea, didn't it?), and it still looks ... pretty good?

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By Hizang

Sorcery was the game that made me want a Move Controller, so here I sit years later with a dust encrusted Move Controller and Navigation controller. So I just bought it and am waiting for my controllers to charge and in we go!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.