Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Soul Sacrifice

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Apr 30, 2013

A dark fantasy action-RPG for PlayStation Vita by Marvelous AQL and SCE Japan Studio, designed by Keiji Inafune. The player takes the role of a sorcerer who can choose to save or sacrifice allies and enemies in order to become more powerful.

Ask me anything about soul sacrifice.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JZ

I've waiting for this game for like a year, I know everthing.</p><p>Got question about the demo? Ask me

FAQ:

-No pvp

-Great online multiplayer finally something that's not ad hoc only

-there are like 20 or so other costumes you unlock by playing through the game.

-You can see the enemy heath by pushing down on the d-pad.

-There is stuff in the area to refill your magic usage and sacrificing small monsters refills it too.

-Leveling up blue(save) increases your defense. Saveing also gives you HP back and save the boss monsters unlock them as AI party members

-leveling up red (sacrifice) increases attack power. Sacrificing small guys refills your magic useage.

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Morbid_Coffee

Is Megaman in this game?

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JZ

No, but you can steal powers of killed dudes like megaman

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BAWWWWWWWW

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's right

siavashh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By siavashh

That 3 headed dog was so hard. But it was awesome how I got 4 random people together and finished the fight! It was awesome! near the end everyone kept saying sacrifice me but there was this one dude who kept saying don't give up and revived us !

A while later the same dude died and said it's time now . So, we sacrificed him then another guy went down and he asked to be sacrificed too. Then it was on me and this other dude and I went down. He sacrificed me and the dog went down!

That was the most fun I had in a long while in an online game!

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's play together sometime. I just downloaded the demo so I'm looking to play with people. My PSN ID is just my username: NegativeCero.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok then

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Rafaelfc

How is ze multiplayeh?

siavashh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The MP works really good. No lag ! and I live faaar away (in IRAN) and I had no problem playing with people in US.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great online multiplayer finally something that's not ad hoc only

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By MEATBALL

Any idea if Soul Sacrifice will have PvP?

I almost wrote the game off after the horrendous opening, but as I saw more of what it offered I was actually pretty damn impressed. The various items available for offering and the large differences in combat that come with them seem pretty awesome.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No there will be no pvp

And yeah that suppose to lose fight at the start sucks.

Mittt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone know if there will be more character appearance customization options in the full game or further down the line? I'm really digging this game and I'm a sucker for that kind of stuff.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes there are like 20 or so other costumes you unlock by playing through the game.

Mittt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Mittt

That excites me! Though that big goofy hat you can wear in the beginning will be hard to beat.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Check the two images in my gallery

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By darkvare

how similar is the gameplay to dragon's dogma

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JZ

Nothing like it at all in any form

Dragon's dogma is nothing like SS

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

I played up to Jackolantern, game seems decent.

I didn't really understand the limited use weapons so I ended up having to beat the boss with the bloodspray and that sucked.

I actually don't really understand what is going on with the sacrificing/saving, I'm leveling up two meters that don't seem to have any effect on anything?

Mittt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Mittt

I'm not too sure what the 2 meters represent either. Also, is there a quick way to tell how many uses of a spell you have left on the battlefield?

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By JZ

@kidavenger

-There is stuff in the area to refill your magic usage and sacrificing small monsters refills it too.

-Leveling up blue(save) increases your defense. Saveing also gives you HP back and save the boss monsters unlock them as AI party members

-leveling up red (sacrifice) increases attack power. Sacrificing small guys refills your magic useage.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ask you anything about a game you haven't played?

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By JZ

There is a massive demo out and I've played the japan version.

You snarky so and so

DeathTrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meatball said:

Any idea if Soul Sacrifice will have PvP?

I almost wrote the game off after the horrendous opening, but as I saw more of what it offered I was actually pretty damn impressed. The various items available for offering and the large differences in combat that come with them seem pretty awesome.

I suppose I should give the demo another shot. That opening was really unpleasant, particularly given how I had no idea what was going on and the voice acting was...interesting...at best.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah gove it another try

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#29  Edited By Kidavenger

@jz said:

@kidavenger

What is magic usage?

I only had 3 powers, one was the blood spray which seems like a default and uses up health.

The other two powers were limited use and it looked like the only way to recharge the uses was between battles with the book's tears. I was collecting magic throughout the fight and my weapons still broke/would not come back.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Usage as in how much you can use something.

-well first push R to get access to the other three powers.

-when you use magic several time, a message comes up and says "hey that power is about to break." Don't use it again or it will break, sacrifice something or find one of the spots that will refill your usage. Then you use several more times.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone that's interested watch this

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WHz5vUn6Itw&feature=plpp

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@jz: This is kind of game specific, but I figured you might know. I'm way into the demo, beaten all of the content offered and am now just collecting offerings and SE/LE in preparation for the real thing. Any idea on how to obtain SE+/LE+ on boss monsters? Is it a random chance kind of thing, or is there something I can do to increase my chances of getting one? I assume there's also a ++ version of them too...

Avatar image for aperturesilence
    ApertureSilence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

So, is it feasible to solo this game?

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is a whole 20 hour single player story.

bigdaddy81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jz said:

There is a whole 20 hour single player story.

As a follow up question, do you think this game is worth getting if one never plans on playing the multiplayer?

I don't own a Vita but this game and Ragnarok Odyssey have me on the fence to get one, though both games seem to have a strong multiplayer focus from the information I've gathered so far.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well no game is worth paying over $320 on the low end to play.

If already own vita SS is the best game on the system go buy it asap. If you don't own a vita, save that money and buy a ps4 in a few months.

amlabella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#37  Edited By amlabella

How does the save/sacrifice mechanic work online? Because I just beat some big harpy monster with a few other people and only one of us made the decision it seems. Does the whole party benefit from that?

Klaimore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Klaimore

What is the best way to level up your character? So far I have only saved souls and not sacrificed should I do both or just stick with one route?

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why did I start a mission with only one power available and everytime I used it it took off health from me. So basically I killed myself during that mission because I couldn't fight back without hurting myself.

Nooooo. I'm sure I'm just missing something. You gotta re-up your powers before a mission or something?

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

@amlabella: Only if you're close enough. If you're hella far away you won't get the Soul. I think. And it seems like whomever presses the button first is the one that decides for the group.

@klaimore: It depends on how you want to spec/play your character. Saving/Sacrificing souls ties most significantly into the Sigil mechanic of passive buffs you equip in your right arm. Not only do you have to save or sacrifice specific souls to unlock sigils, different sigils will become more powerful when you have the right Arm type, which is determined by a balance of your Life and Magic levels.

There is an eventual max level of 100 total between your Life and Magic. If the two numbers are balanced, your arm will remain Neutral. Having a higher Life level will give you a Divine arm, which increases in rank as the gap between Life and Magic becomes greater. The same is true for a Dark arm, which instead relies on having a higher Magic level. Basically, if you want to play a defensive character, Save, and if you want to play offensive, Sacrifice, but always check back with your sigils so you know when you might need to go off-spec to unlock a specific sigil.

Also not that when the Save/Sacrifice UI pops up over a dead enemy, sometimes there will be a significant discrepancy between the numbers. For example, instead of +2 over Save and +2 over Sacrifice, you might see +2 over Save and +4/-2 over Sacrifice. This means that if you sacrifice this enemy instead of saving it, you will receive a rarer version of that creature's soul, so even if you're primarily playing Save, you might want to Sacrifice it anyways just in case you need the rarer soul later on.

Also you can always lower your Life and Magic levels to adjust your spec at the cost of tears.

@handlas: Blood magic drains your health on use and is infinite. Other magic has a limited number of charges that varies from spell to spell, denoted as "Casts" on the menu. As long as you don't use up all of your casts in a single stage, the spell will refill back to full afterwards. The game will warn you with a HUGE text message in the center of the screen when a spell is getting low, and the spell's icon will start to flash yellow, then eventually flash red when you only have one charge left. If you use a spell that is flashing red, it will then break and be unusable until you fix it by spending tears on the Select Offerings menu between missions.

So be careful and don't burn up your spells. Also remember that there are various spots around each stage that will partially refill all of your equipped spells. Sacrificing enemies has the same effect.

Avatar image for matthewsaltzman54
    matthewsaltzman54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why did soul sacrifice choose to remove facebook posting in their most recent patch? I can't find the answer and it is driving me nuts not knowing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.