US and EU demos are up.

#1 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

Vita owners turn on your vitas

#2 Posted by Rafaelfc (1456 posts) -

I have been playing the demo non stop, godamn this game is cool

#3 Posted by TopSteer (677 posts) -

I would but my memory card is almost full and I don't feel like deleting games just for a demo of a game I'll get eventually.

#4 Posted by redyoshi (231 posts) -

I'm definitely gonna be picking this up. I'm enjoying replaying battles to boost up skills and I like how the game asks you if you want to overwrite the result in the book if you do something different, like sacrificing a boss you originally saved. Also, I wasn't expecting the monster lore and location backstory to be as interesting as it all is, I can't wait to dig into all of that stuff once I have the full game.

#5 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

Save data transfers to the full game.

You get to play the first 6 missions.

#6 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

Yeah the lore in this game is awesome and crazy.

#7 Edited by jimmyfenix (3859 posts) -

can somebody describe this game to me ? is it more like the souls games , monster hunter or a mixture of both ?

#8 Posted by Mittt (48 posts) -

@jimmyfenix: I would describe it as a Monster Hunter type of game with a little Dragon's Dogma thrown in for the combat. I've only played a couple of hours though. I agree with the sentiment expressed by others though. The world they have built for the game seems extremely cool.

#9 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

It's magic based actiony monster hunter with a big actual story.

#10 Posted by tallTuck94 (553 posts) -

I wish that there was some sort of weaker normal attack that didn't exhaust like other magic. It seems really weird to me that theoretically there is a finite amount of attacks you can launch.

I'm having a lot of trouble learning the patterns of the harpy and the lack of enemy health bars really suck, it doesn't even do the monster hunter technique of showing damage through the bosses animations.

Although I feel there is a lot wrong with the game the demo has sold me, I'm ready to buy it day 1 and sink a bunch of time into it.

#11 Edited by redyoshi (231 posts) -

Well, there's that blood spray attack which won't break. It decreases your health meter though. Harpy is easier if you keep at a distance and use that homing fire attack. Use the throwing axes as well, I think they're called Pinwheels or something.

I also stay near her back when she lands and wail on her with the Imp Pitchfork (it's a drop from the crow enemies, the fight just before her) before she uses that vacuum. Also, if you got it from Jack-o-Lantern, the flame ball attack is good to use here.

#12 Posted by Berserker976 (388 posts) -

Man, this game could be something special if the demo is representative of the rest of the game.

I went into it not expecting much (not a huge fan of Monster Hunter or that style of game in general) and I have to say, the demo has completely sold me on the game.

The combat is really fluid and satisfying, not to mention unique. The lock-on can be a bit wonky sometimes, but overall I'm really enjoying it.

For those who haven't tried it, the demo is actually very lengthy, and your save game will transfer to the actual game when it comes out, so I recommend at least trying it.

#13 Posted by zungerman090 (311 posts) -

Anyone wants to party up in Soul Sacrifice? My PSN is Zungerman090

#14 Edited by Mister_V (1434 posts) -

Just tried out the demo. Seems really cool, Think i might pick this up. I take it this has some kind of monter hunter style multiplayer right?

#15 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

You can play online in the demo

#16 Posted by Mister_V (1434 posts) -

@jz: Oh really, guess i didn't get that far.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.