Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Soul Sacrifice

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Apr 30, 2013

A dark fantasy action-RPG for PlayStation Vita by Marvelous AQL and SCE Japan Studio, designed by Keiji Inafune. The player takes the role of a sorcerer who can choose to save or sacrifice allies and enemies in order to become more powerful.

Vita owners on the fence

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JZ

I've played a ton of the japan demo and if you don't like monster hunter this game IS for you. All the combat is magic based and not monster hunter animation priority type melee combat. This is the monster hunter game for people that don't like monster hunter.

Soul sacrifice has a full on story based single player game. If you choose to save the bosses instead of sacrificeing them, their human forms become AI teammates that actually help alot in battle. The story might as well me an assassin's creed game story. Merlin has taken over the world and turned it into a hellish place, where humans are kept in cages only to be eaten by merlin for their magic. Your reliveing the memories of famous mages through a talking book in your cage. The more memories you relive the more magic power you get in the real world. At the end of the game I assume you bust out of your cage and go fight merlin. To call SS a monster hunter clone is a huge disservice to it. it has a lock-on button, so right already waaay better than monster hunter.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Monster Hunter has lock on. Isn't this a PSP game?

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, monster hunter does not have a lock-on. Anytime you bring it up monster hunter fans say that would ruin the game and no soul sacrifice is a vita only game.

superst3ve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chavtheworld Monster Hunter (at least none of the 3 PSP games) have lock on. If it had lock on, there wouldn't be such a known history for "the claw".

@jz From some of the videos I've seen, battles seem to take a really long time without much visual feedback from monsters on their state. They seem like raid bosses in WoW that go through a set series of animations and repeat. Am I completely wrong on what I've seen? I'm a big Monster Hunter fan and enjoy how the monsters react as the battle wears them down. The game does look good though, I'll pick it up regardless.

hiono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

and this whole time i thought soul sacrifice was a spin off to dark souls. :(

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, most battle only take like 10-15 minutes. Also the wonderful thing about SS is you actually level up and get more powerful. So you can go back to old missions and just wreck dudes.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JZ

@hiono nope never was dark souls related ever. It not being made by from should have been a tip off.

Berserker976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Berserker976

That is goooooood news.

I might start paying attention to this game, I figured it was going to be a MH clone through and through.

Glad to see I was mistaken.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'm usually pretty ok with sacrificing my soul, but then again, I'm not a Vita owner.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'm really hoping that this game doesn't suck donkey bits. I'd like somethin' interesting to go alongside the copy of P4G on my shelf.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

What?! Merlin is the big baddie? And he fucking eats people? Sounds alright.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theHT yep and morgon la fey is in the game too.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JZ

You can get the jp demo very easily just need to change your vita to a japan account.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By probablytuna

I am a Vita owner and I am still on the fence about this game.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@jz said:

No, monster hunter does not have a lock-on. Anytime you bring it up monster hunter fans say that would ruin the game and no soul sacrifice is a vita only game.

@chavtheworld Monster Hunter (at least none of the 3 PSP games) have lock on. If it had lock on, there wouldn't be such a known history for "the claw".

@jz From some of the videos I've seen, battles seem to take a really long time without much visual feedback from monsters on their state. They seem like raid bosses in WoW that go through a set series of animations and repeat. Am I completely wrong on what I've seen? I'm a big Monster Hunter fan and enjoy how the monsters react as the battle wears them down. The game does look good though, I'll pick it up regardless.

I am a Monster Hunter fan, and yes, lock on is totally unnecessary. The PSP versions do not have it; it is in MH3U however, on both the 3DS and WiiU.

Secondly, apologies I got this game confused with Gods Eater, which came out on PSP and was another MH clone. Here's hoping this is good, Monster Hunter is a fantastic game and if this could tempt people to try the real thing one day, sure, why not.

topsteer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Are there time limits on quests? I hate time limits in games and I know I'm probably in the extreme minority on this but I can't play these types of games because of it.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No time limit that I know of

Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never heard of this game. Since the only Vita game I own is P4G I'll have to pick it up. Because I hate Monster Hunter.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It made by kenji inifune so that's somthing

hughesman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a vita owner and i'm still on the fence about Soul Sacrifice.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I'm firmly on the side of the fence where I don't have to sacrifice my soul for a Vita.

...wait, you mean a game? I dunno, I've never heard of it before, but the phrase "Monster Hunter" makes me just go "whatever floats your boat".

Demoninu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Its got me excited about this game. My vita is sad and lonely right now.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Less than one month away

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Solh0und

@hughesman said:

I'm a vita owner and i'm still on the fence about Soul Sacrifice.

Ditto

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By EthanielRain

The demo sold me, game seems pretty good solo...imagine it's damn fun with a group.

hamjam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Played the demo and I was entertained. It's a fresh style of game for the Vita and would definitely be worth trying if you own one.

biospank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I want to say that SS has some grinding into the gameplay. Its a really fun game I will take some few hours of your time tough. btw going all dark is awesome because the arm will look super awesome.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

How open world is it?

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@LaughingMan (not sure this works on mobile) Not open at all. It's basically mission based, either to kill a boss or a group of monsters.

Just came in here to say that I'm hooked. According to my Vita, I've spent 15 hours playing the demo and I still want to play more multiplayer. I havent had many online experiences like in ths game where everyone had worked to get the boss on the ropes, one by one we die but each sacrifices the last to finally kill the boss. Now I'm just hoping I can get tue preorder things by buying on PSN since i have a $10 credit for buying enough games last month.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

#30  Edited By audioBusting

Wait, what if I DO like Monster Hunter?

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@the_laughing_man: It's not open world. You choose missions and fight monsters in an arena. But it's pretty good.

GooieGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hated the demo. After I got into the actual game, I found myself playing for hours on end.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

Wasn't sure if I was going to get this, then I received a $10 PSN credit for buying stuff in March this week so I'm in.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.